Post-Game Talk: Laine 3 New York Rangers 0. Yay!

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Did Joel Armia play tonight? Guy hasn't done much for a while

That's the story of Armia's career, look good for 5 games, disappear for the next 10!

Armia had me fooled this season into thinking that he had finally turned the corner, well until he disappeared once again!

Reactions: HannuJ

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
i can agree about the FOR US part.. but armia is a middle 6 in like 25 other teams, great 3rd line rw that can move up to fill holes from injuries.
Hopefully he will sign for under 3 mil or just slightly over. Otherwise, we will have to see what those other 25 teams are willing to part with.

Reactions: 204hockey

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Wheeler just moved into 1st for assists according to the leader board. Also, Ovie blew an oppertunity to create more distance between him and Laine for the Rocket.

Reactions: Howard Chuck

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
If you look in the bottom left corner you can see Laine with his family, with a cameo from Machoo.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Fun times my friends.
I had to watch the 3rd after some sports and suspected that Laine had one more in him.

Really hoping other players can start chipping in goals.
Back to work ;)
The next GDT was started around the time I did my 3rd of the season (back in December). But I realized I had to save it for NJ.
Time to put it all together... the GDT that is.
The Jets have already done that ;)

Garbox

Feb 27, 2016
Finland
Woke up a bit before the game started to cough my lungs out, so watched the game after all.

I don't know which team was killing the speed from that game, but it worked out. There was a short stint in the 2nd where Jets played with a bit faster pace, but it stopped somewhere after that second goal I think. Mason good, Wheeler with an obligatory dumb penalty and then of course Laine. Lundqvist was showing that same body language as many goalies have recently when Laine scored. First one was like "You put it WHERE?!". Second was more traditional "This is not real".
Hoping for Scheifele to be ok. Some saying Armia can't play on top 6, well that first line wasn't really doing much more when Scheif was there, so wouldn't judge by that (small sample size too). Offensively he has been inconsistent before too, but lately he hasn't been able to do pretty much anything otherwise either (Canes game was a bit better maybe), so that's a bit confusing. I mean he was playing just fine even after Perreault was moved from that line, production dried out, but at some point he started to struggle in other areas too. Healthy and good Armia would be an important piece of this team in PO, so let's hope he's physically ok and get's back on with his game.

avgard

Jan 8, 2017
hey misters and sisters.....listen......armia play like 7 minites a game. you say his invinsibles. c mon are you a kidding me?

hey listen sisters and misters....armia will not sign at here anymore. he is by now very unhappy here for not getting to play more and offensive. he not happy playing with teams garbagest players and seeing pucks lost all times when he passes etc. very frustrating must be playing Little and low lines and seeing other players cheered up. o Connor just from farmleague right to first line, rostlovic also favoured instead of proved multitalented superstar of unknown, armia. rostlovic doing nothing. playing times at farmleague and almost putting like 1 Point per game at farmleague tells nothing. that IS nothing also. armia 1st round pick who never got here trust and time to pick up on a confidence line . hes not going to sign at here. elsewhere he can get millions and millions and first line service at ice. please dont ask him for anything here he has nothing to prove here or so. he just dont get to play thats why he can be invinsible. and he is tired of this situations. he needs better withplayers and much icetimes which he gets at other team. he must be very mad at this team by now. please dont say he is invincibles here. he plays nothing here GET IT!

avgard hockeyprofessor

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Mason the true #1 goalie!
Are you serious ? Or did you forget the :sarcasm: Helly isn't just the Jets best goalie , he is one of the best in the NHL . Good game by Mason and I'm happy he played very good but that Rangers team isn't very good .

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
A win is a win. And we keep winning so that is good. But for the potentially best top 9 and deepest forward group in the league we have a lot of cold players right now. Laine is single handily carrying us on offence

That’s just the ebb and flow of scoring. Laine is a goal scorer on an insane heater and his hot streak will end and others will pick up the slack. It’s the joy of having scoring depth and talent. We are not solely reliant on a few.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
We now go live to Patrick Laine walking back to the Winnipeg Jets' hotel:

tumblr_nr5tu4eXYL1rz7szho1_500.gif

Lol Brilliant Tom :clap:

Saintb

May 5, 2016
Saintb
Mason's had very little to feel good about this year so it's great he gets the so.

Laine is a freak of nature.

Has Big Ben Chiarot officially turned a corner? He's been good for a long stretch. I know the competition has been weaker lately but still. I don't mind Morrow at all for what he is.

This is the best season I've ever seen Buff play although I wasn't really invested in Jets 2.0 until their third year back. He's been worth every penny of his deal. JoMo continues to show he will put up some points consistently.

Scheif obviously sucks but I'm not nearly as worried about it as the first time he went down.

MSG plays great music.

GJG
good post. I agree about the music. not a fan of our home game music. London Calling!

Reactions: kanadalainen

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Hopefully he will sign for under 3 mil or just slightly over. Otherwise, we will have to see what those other 25 teams are willing to part with.
I don't think the Jets will be willing to spend $3 M on a player like Armia. Like other cap teams we will have to squeeze out the middle class player over the next couple seasons. We will have too many players making north of $5-6 M and likely Laine at north of $8 M. That will have to be off set by players on their ELC's and journeymen vets in the $1 M range.

Reactions: Jimby

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Right? I can't seem to find any posts of contrition from the "we're guaranteed toast, we need 7 to win" predictors. Gosh, why is that, I wonder?

The SO was helped by some pretty good luck though! Man there were a couple sure things that somehow stayed out! But yeah, Mason was solid...

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
The SO was helped by some pretty good luck though! Man there were a couple sure things that somehow stayed out! But yeah, Mason was solid...

I think with Mase its just some of the puck luck evening out. Dude couldn't buy a bounce early in the season. Great to get him back in finally and a clean sheet will be good for his confidence.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00