La liga part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Thank God that was such a horribly taken penalty.

Dembele was our best player if you ask me. Suarez or worst. Team is lacking fitness from some of the guys and hopefully Valverde isn't overdoing it with the guys who just returned.

Reactions: Kovalev27

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Semedo was very good as well.

But yeah plenty of stuff to work on. Especially the lack of movement that LH was talking about. Dembele and at times Semedo really the only ones causing panic in Sevilla's backline.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
At some point, if Suarez continues to sink, Valverde's gonna have to man up and sit him, regardless of it potentially angering his BFF Messi.

On the bright side, Dembele was great. If he can keep this going (no reason why he shouldn't), he'll win himself a starting spot.

Rakitic Busquets Messi Coutinho Suarez

Are the 5 certain starters in midfield and attack, for now.
As it is, Dembele's got a strangle hold on that 6th spot.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Amazing stat I read this morning :

Dembele's left foot
12 goals, 17 assists

Dembele's right foot
16 goals, 16 assists

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
At some point, if Suarez continues to sink, Valverde's gonna have to man up and sit him, regardless of it potentially angering his BFF Messi.

Yeah the decline already set in last season so I imagine this will continue and it will probably Suarez' last season as the main striker. By next season he'll turn 33 and can be a decent backup to keep Messi happy. Summer 2019 should be about getting a new striker.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Barça announced their captains for the upcoming season the other day:

Messi
Busquets
Pique
Sergi

Personally I would swap Messi with Pique or Busquets. Great to see Sergi on the list though.

Yeah the decline already set in last season so I imagine this will continue and it will probably Suarez' last season as the main striker. By next season he'll turn 33 and can be a decent backup to keep Messi happy. Summer 2019 should be about getting a new striker.

He still had what overall I would call a very good season in the league. Anyway, it's his first match back so I'd say to cut him some slack. I agree though, next Summer we'll need to consider a replacement. I just don't think he'll stick around for a rotational role. He's too competitive.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Barça announced their captains for the upcoming season the other day:

Messi
Busquets
Pique
Sergi

Personally I would swap Messi with Pique or Busquets. Great to see Sergi on the list though.

He still had what overall I would call a very good season in the league. Anyway, it's his first match back so I'd say to cut him some slack. I agree though, next Summer we'll need to consider a replacement. I just don't think he'll stick around for a rotational role. He's too competitive.
Atletico did too.

Godín
Koke
Griezmann
Juanfran

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Looks to be a fair bit of love for Atletico taking the title this season, their starters are quite nice, but depth is an issue, not sure how they will hold up, this season though the Barca-RM hold may be broken by them or someone else.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Figure I'll just post here since it's Real vs. Atletico anyway, but Diego Costa just scored a beauty 1 minute into the UEFA Supercup game. Both teams have put out really strong teams.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Really nice cross in from Bale on his right foot. Thought the keeper should have stopped the header but still a nice finish from Benzema.

Nice play from Asensio there...nearly a goal.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad