La liga part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Nothing you said is wrong... I'm just saying.

To each their own, but he's clearly demonstrated his quality. He did against Getafe. Of course he has a long way to go before he justifies the fee, but it looks like he's definitely capable. Assuming he's not this oft injured, Valverde's use of him is my biggest concern.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I think Dembele's struggles - such as they are - have more to do with the immense pressure of the situation rather than his ability purely to make the right decisions with the ball.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Umtiti is apparently only looking for 6 million a year net. My answer to that would be to offer him 7 million. Samu in training this week:

I think Dembele's struggles - such as they are - have more to do with the immense pressure of the situation rather than his ability purely to make the right decisions with the ball.

I would never rule that out, but I think it's not so much that. I think it's in part the way he's being fielded and simply a lack of playing time. Like I said above, the guy has started 3 matches and played in total in only 8 matches. That's nothing when he's only started 3 matches. There should really be almost no reaction to his play at this stage. I personally like a lot of what I've seen. Even against Getafe he put in a really nice cross that I still don't know how he was able to get past the defender. He also put in a nice through ball. If Dembele couldn't pass the ball as he can I wouldn't be so optimistic about him. Anyway, while I don't think it's so much about the pressure the club is circling the wagons and apparently keeping him out of the media eye.

Read today that the club is hiring a cook for Dembele to improve his diet and help reduce the risk of injuries. This did this for Messi back in the day and it work wonders.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
He's like Falcao. Huge finisher who is a little better in the air. He isn't going to go around dribbling past players. Defensive work optional for now.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Nice to see espanyol being as dirty with Villarreal as they are with Barca.

Two very impressive players at Villarreal,Rodrigo who scored his first senior goal and this fella fornals.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
If Betis' defence was Sunday league level they'd be fighting for Europe right now. Amazing going forward piss poor at defending.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Saw highlights of Boudebouz humiliating Real players time and time again, especially Casemiro.
Guy's talent is crazy. He really made bad choices in his career moves.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad