Value of: LA Kings vets

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I would be good with moving out Toffoli.

Would want a faster but less developed Winger.

I think they make terrible trading partners but what is the going value of Puljujarvi?

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles

I think they make terrible trading partners but what is the going value of Puljujarvi?
Can't see the Kings trading him in the division like that. Maybe a 3 way trade?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Muzzin and/or Martinec would be players Buffalo should be looking at but outside of picks, they may not have much to offer.

Nodoughtyboutit

May 14, 2010
I'm more thinking one of Pearson or Toffoli gets traded this offseason. Maybe Martinez and Pearson with a pick for a winger upgrade .

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
You are looking at Toffoli, possibly Pearson, and one of Muzzin/Martinez,

Package, or separate deals, you don't see Doughty, or Carter being traded etc, unless you are talking some real talent, ala Marner etc, and TOR ain't doing that.

Nylander
1st
Zaitsev
Brown

Doughty (with the ability for us to gauge interest in an extension prior)

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
If we deal Doughty, it's time to rebuild.

Personally I don't feel the Kings problems are that big. If we deal a guy, it's to cut salary. What we need are a few Vegas-style guys to shore up our bottom six. And let guys get healthy.

And to be honest, I feel we already have those guys and we need to give them more time to acclimate. We just need to re-sign them or bring them up from the minors while staying under the cap. Maybe we need to add one solid 3-4mil vet defenseman.

And we need to find out what is wrong with Toffoli and Pearson.

Losing in the playoffs this year is not a disaster. Losing in 12-13 was a much bigger deal. If we take this year's experience and build on it, we'll be even more improved next year. This and next year are retool years.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I definitely want to move Toffoli, Pearson can go also. I would also trade Carter for the right price.

Would would it cost the Blues to acquire Toffoli? Winnipeg 1st + _________?

stl76

Jul 2, 2015
Kings are not looking for distant futures. NHL-ready prospects or young players, or an everyday positional need player is what we're looking for. Top 4 veteran RHD or a young scoring winger prospect is on the menu.
Kind of hard to even out the value without adding pick(s) to a prospect, but the Blues have a plethora of young near NHL-ready prospects. What about a deal around someone like Tage Thompson?

Rorschach

Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
I could Definitely see Pearson and Martinez in a package trade to upgrade for a LW.

We're short on defense. The last thing we need to trade is NHL-level defense. In fact if we were six deep on defense, suddenly our forwards would have the puck more, get more scoring chances and suddenly bad wingers look like good wingers. Pearson isn't heavily overpaid either.

Rorschach

Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Kind of hard to even out the value without adding pick(s) to a prospect, but the Blues have a plethora of young near NHL-ready prospects. What about a deal around someone like Tage Thompson?

I'm aware you have the prospects which is why I mentioned that. I'm just not sure if we make good trading partners. Who is your best defenseman prospect? (I know you guys have good prospects but after that I have no idea of their roles.

stl76

Jul 2, 2015
I'm aware you have the prospects which is why I mentioned that. I'm just not sure if we make good trading partners. Who is your best defenseman prospect? (I know you guys have good prospects but after that I have no idea of their roles.
Well assuming you don't count Dunn as a prospect, we have Jordan Schmaltz (RD) and Jake Walman (LD) as our two best defensive prospects.

If you're looking for RHD help, Schmaltz would actually be a really good add. He is an NHL caliber offensive defenseman who can step in and play on a bottom pairing tomorrow. Legit top-4 potential, but hasn't has much NHL opportunity because he's been stuck behind Pietrangelo, Parayko, and Shattenkirk for most of his career. He looked good in his NHL games this season before a concussion knocked him out.

Personally, I think LA and St. Louis would make great trading partners given our prospect depth (particularly with near NHL-ready forwards).

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Oilers would be extremely interested in Toffoli for sure. A RHS scorer would be nice. 2 more seasons isn't ideal but 4.6m is. I don't think we will develop Pulju correctly so I'd consider Pulju for Toffoli+

My offer would be the 9-10th overall + B prospect for Toffoli straight up.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
No, can't take Zaitsev, and Nylander isn't Marner.

You can totally take Zaitsev lol.

Nylander, 1st, Brown makes up for any perceived differences between Marner and Nylander. Some nights Nylander looks all world and sometimes Marner does.

You can try to transition Nylander to centre or you have 2 good RWers in Nylander and Brown if you plan to move on from Toffoli.

Probably a moot point anyway, I would bet that Doughty probably just re-signs with the Kings anyway.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
You can totally take Zaitsev lol.

Nylander, 1st, Brown makes up for any perceived differences between Marner and Nylander. Some nights Nylander looks all world and sometimes Marner does.

You can try to transition Nylander to centre or you have 2 good RWers in Nylander and Brown if you plan to move on from Toffoli.

Probably a moot point anyway, I would bet that Doughty probably just re-signs with the Kings anyway.

Kings aren’t trading Doughty. Not even for Marner.

I think something around Pearson or Toffoli for a guy like Justin Faulk would be smart. Then try to sign a winger in free agency or let Kempe play 2W.

Reactions: Rorschach

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Kings aren’t trading Doughty. Not even for Marner.

I think something around Pearson or Toffoli for a guy like Justin Faulk would be smart. Then try to sign a winger in free agency or let Kempe play 2W.

To propose a "what if?" scenario, what if Doughty indicates he will not be re-signing with the Kings at the conclusion of his contract?

As far as Faulk goes, I think Carolina wants centres but i'll leave it for Carolina fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad