Value of: LA Kings vets

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
Deny my proposal all you want but the value is there.

LA’s 1st + Vilardi is very fair for 4th overall.

Pacioretty for Muzzin is a win for LA. You have a lot of defensive depth and not enough scoring. Pacioretty doesn’t have a center here in Montreal. He would in LA.

You may not like the deal but the value is fair.

Vilardi could probably go top 2 in this draft if he was a week younger. Top4 without a doubt and you want him plus a 1st for 4th OA...

Yeah right :laugh:

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
LA is in the same predicament that Chicago is in. Once they started paying their stars the big money contracts they can't afford the depth that put them over the top. At the same time they have the core guys you need to win (1C, 1D, 1G).

Much easier to find depth than find the top end players. If they add Vilardi and another scorer in the offseason I like their chances next year. If Doughty walks it's time for a rebuild/tool.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
In a take it for what it's worth

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/Is-Drew-Doughty-Available--Source-Yes-but-Costly--Buzz/1/92446

very unlikely but I see a possible scenario of Karlsson for Doughty, then a 3rd team comes in and trades for Doughty
Sens owner is balking at a huge Karlsson extension. Sens reportedly will offer Karlsson an extension on July 1st, but it sounds like they are hoping for a hometown discount, that he will be reasonable.
If Karlsson is dealt, imo the Sens will want young, cost controlled talent back.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
IF the Kings get swept I wonder if they move some vets out? And if so, whom and for what?

Or do they do a small re-tool.
I would hope the nyi would be kicking the tires on Martinez.
Be interesting to see if they make draft weekend trades or wait until afte July 1st and see if Tavares stays or goes.
He stays and it is more likely they trade for a top 4,veteran defenseman.
He goes and they are more likely to go with their kids . Reportedly they think Toews is nhl ready and are high on him

Reactions: skyo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad