Value of: LA Kings vets

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
To propose a "what if?" scenario, what if Doughty indicates he will not be re-signing with the Kings at the conclusion of his contract?

As far as Faulk goes, I think Carolina wants centres but i'll leave it for Carolina fans.
If this happens then we certainly can deal with St Louis. Kopitar and Carter will be on the table with retention for lots of quality futures.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Oilers would be extremely interested in Toffoli for sure. A RHS scorer would be nice. 2 more seasons isn't ideal but 4.6m is. I don't think we will develop Pulju correctly so I'd consider Pulju for Toffoli+

My offer would be the 9-10th overall + B prospect for Toffoli straight up.

If there was a deal around pulju for TT the plus would be coming from Edmonton not LA. We will not gift him to a division foe your offer is not going to get it done as we would be looking for players to help now not years from now. For me it would be either Nurse or Klefbom or we shop him elsewhere if he is even being shopped

Reactions: Kingspiracy

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
If this happens then we certainly can deal with St Louis. Kopitar and Carter will be on the table with retention for lots of quality futures.

I think you'd get a King's ransom (no pun intended) for Kopitar out of St.Louis for sure.

Nylander, 1st, Zaitsev and Brown for Doughty (if you let us talk extension first) would be a solid start. Rebuild could turn around real fast.

I think Doughty likely re-signs with you but my scenario was more along the lines of if Doughty won't re-sign with you, can we do this deal etc.

Reactions: Rorschach

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
I think you'd get a King's ransom (no pun intended) for Kopitar out of St.Louis for sure.

Nylander, 1st, Zaitsev and Brown for Doughty (if you let us talk extension first) would be a solid start. Rebuild could turn around real fast.

I think Doughty likely re-signs with you but my scenario was more along the lines of if Doughty won't re-sign with you, can we do this deal etc.
I have a feeling we would do ok but not rake anyone in a Kopitar deal. He has NMC.

Index

Fillmore, I'm on it!
Mar 24, 2013
The Leafs shouldn’t even try to trade for him. I think there’s a good chance he’ll sign there when/if he hits free agency. You give up nothing to get him, but boat loads of cash.
I think he's signing in LA, he clearly loves it there.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
If there was a deal around pulju for TT the plus would be coming from Edmonton not LA. We will not gift him to a division foe your offer is not going to get it done as we would be looking for players to help now not years from now. For me it would be either Nurse or Klefbom or we shop him elsewhere if he is even being shopped

Toffoli will not return a dman of Nurse or Klefboms quality. Good luck.

Not gifting a young high potential fully cost controlled winger for 2 seasons of Tyler Toffoli. Rival or not.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006

Not gifting a young high potential fully cost controlled winger for 2 seasons of Tyler Toffoli. Rival or not.

Thats fine, we'd prefer to trade outside the div anyway.

Reactions: go4hockey

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

Your fully cost controlled winger maybe a bust

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I’m assuming Doughty would sign with the Leafs. It would cost a lot more than Nylander and Zaitsev to get Doughty, and you’re adding Carter?

1 year of Doughty and the hope he stays = Nylander + Zaitsev ++?

yeah no

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can

I dont want Zaitsev i would want Timothy Liljegren as a part of the package or no deal

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA

That’s fair and your fully cost controlled winger has not shown he can play in the NHL as of this time. Plus back to my first point is we would rather move him outside the division if he is moved at all.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Kings ain’t trading Doughty, that’s just how it is. You all saw the game two dumpster fire without Drew, right? You want more of that?

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
To be honest, I’m not even sure that’s enough for a signed Doughty. If that 1st is in the top 10 then maybe?
If it's not enough, I can't see him being moved because there aren't many teams who can match that (nevermind beat it) without crippling themselves.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Kings ain’t trading Doughty, that’s just how it is. You all saw the game two dumpster fire without Drew, right? You want more of that?
hey atleast in game 2 the Kings lasted 4+ periods :)

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Seems like you could use some scoring

i think we were in the middle of the pack in terms of scoring during the season
i think we have a hard time scoring when the going gets tough
i think Pacioretty completely disappears when the going gets tough
i think because of this, Patch would fit in LA's current system perfectly where he'd probably have 1 goal in 4 games etc
i think LA is trying to move away from players like that
i think LA might want to get younger and faster
i think Montreal needs to stop shoving Patch down our throats
i think you shouldn't reply to my post

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

Looks like LA will return all the same cast then.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad