Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
He had another setback, which is concerning bc he came back to practice in a tinted visor - suggests he's dealing with concussion issues.

Prob gone for the remainder of regular season

No reason to bring him back early

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
Prob gone for the remainder of regular season

No reason to bring him back early
I hope it's not concussion issues. Not sure how many on here have had them. I have long ago in the past (20 years ago) with no real issues. Things changed this last go around.

I have been dealing with post concussion symptoms for 15 months, maybe a bit longer. I didn't take care of the first couple properly and went back to playing hockey before getting properly cleared. Was having days I felt real good followed by days I felt crappy just prior to going back but for the most part I felt more like myself.

10 games into this season took a hit from behind in the 1st period that was not too egregious followed by a guy catching an edge and slamming into my side causing a whiplash type situation in the third. So the last three plus months have been hell. Headaches, nauseous, blurred vision, personality changes dizzy, neck pain for hours sometimes days at a time at first then a few days of relief then a week of headaches etc. I did all the tests, waiting to see the neurologist on the 20th to see what they found out. I felt like a million bucks last week for 3 to 4 days in a row. Asked him if I could go back to hockey as I figured I was on the mend. Hand eye was back, playing floor hockey and feeling no side effects etc.

Got out of bed a few days ago and fell into the wall (no drinking involved). Had a good nights sleep prior to this, I am a gym rat and healthy guy and thought I was on the upswing and would make it back for the last few games before playoffs start. Now I have had 2 separate days where life was spinning and 2 other days where I am 100% fine.

Just don't see the crappy days coming. They are getting fewer and farther in between and I am as stubborn and want to play hockey again so I am hoping they will soon be a thing of the past.

Not sure why I am saying all this, but the head shot Durzi took the other day almost made me sick.

My first concussion happened in the first game of a back to back. I was actually out for a few seconds and woke up with teammates congratulating me for scoring. Remembered the puck heading to the net then nothing. Showed no signs of anything wrong and played an awesome game right after.

Back to the rink the next day with a cage on the helmet as I realized I am now old and don't have to look cool only to take an elbow to the new cage(head). Knew I was messed up but finished the game.

2 nights later back on the ice. Apparently a teammate passed me the puck and I didn't move. Stood in the same spot for 20 seconds as the play went down the ice. Ended up in the dressing room between periods, puking in the toilet and drove myself home. Have no recollection of this happening.

I guess what I am trying to say is if you take a head shot, make sure you are okay, get checked, don't be stupid.

If you see one of our guys take a head shot and he looks okay, he may not be. i guess it is very common for issues to present later on. In this case I hope that Durzi (as much as I bust his balls) is actually okay, and I really hope its not concussion issues Moore is dealing with.

Okay, way to much about me. But I guess it may give me somewhat of an excuse for any of the shitty trades or takes I may have made up in the last year and a half :cool:

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Wasn't Moore back at full practice like 10 days ago? What is keeping him out. I wonder if he has a concussion back in December and has had recurring symptoms? Would explain him returning to the lineup only to leave again inexplicably.
delete

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Lizotte is not a long term answer. Love his moxie and kudos to him for reaching this level and not just being a body on a tanking team but his spot should be upgraded.

If anyone wants to bookmark this post or whatever, feel free to do so. Fagemo will never be as good as RV. Would love to be wrong but Arvidsson is on a different level skill wise.

Good amount of disrespect for his game when I read he is expendable/replaceable.
Agree with this. He's not a 3c, just slotted there for the moment. That leaves the 4c. While he's good at some areas, his size will always hurt him. Nobody has gotten manhandle more on this team than him, in the playoffs it will only get worse. He's going to get destroyed against a bigger 3rd line.

Reactions: BigKing and Lt Dan

Mattias

The friendly cat.
Feb 15, 2009
Just read this over at Manor's manor:

Players on an NHL roster at noon of Trade Deadline Day (this past Few day) cannot be sent down to the AHL for the balance of the season. Therefore, those players are ineligible for the Calder Cup playoffs.

So umm, poor Spence is going to be benched up in the watching room again while the Kings team plays in the playoffs and he cannot help the AHL team.

Jesus Christ. Unless I am reading this wrong doing this action is pretty hard on the kid.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Just read this over at Manor's manor:

Players on an NHL roster at noon of Trade Deadline Day (this past Few day) cannot be sent down to the AHL for the balance of the season. Therefore, those players are ineligible for the Calder Cup playoffs.

So umm, poor Spence is going to be benched up in the watching room again while the Kings team plays in the playoffs and he cannot help the AHL team.

Jesus Christ. Unless I am reading this wrong doing this action is pretty hard on the kid.
I think that means he had to be on the NHL roster on deadline day and he was just called up yesterday? Should be able to go back down if the Kings so desire, but I'm sure they're just put him wherever he rots most just because.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Random stat, but in overall height, Kings are bottom 6. The teams smaller than them are way tougher though...Minnesota, Montreal, Philly.

If you are going to have smaller players they better score 30 goals or play heavy, not 10 goals. Or you better surround them with bigger players, otherwise they will end up like Durzi, Moore.

Mike Richards was surrounded by the big, real, gritty men of the 2012-2014 Kings era, and had at least two concussions during that time. Pronger, Lindros, big, violent players who would physically punish other hockey players for just existing in their way, had their careers ended by concussions.

If Durzi and Moore are going to get concussions, nobody else is going to be able to stop that. Unless they don't get touched.

What did the 80's have? A lot of enforcers. What did the 80's also have? A ton of violence. Very likely a whole host of "got his bell rung" type concussions too.

Granted, the violence is a lot more fun, it gets the blood boiling, and damn it if it's not a great basis for rivalry, but it doesn't stop concussions.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I would take a responsible player with enough size to actually wear down an opponent over a playoff series. Wouldn't care if there was a trade off for points. Even with the points, you have to look at who he has had a chance to play with this season.

I'd prefer to give JAD the opportunity if we are talking about players on the Kings roster.

So you would take what, a Nick Bjugdstad etc over Lizotte?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad