Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Quinton Byfield pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.
musta been pretty good ice cream

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Quinton Byfield pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.
Can't handle his ice cream. Bust.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI

Jon Rosen is back covering the Kings. Great to see! It will be subscription based though. First week is free.

I might switch from The Athletic.

I hope this works out for Rosen, he was the best reporter the Kings have ever had, IMO. I know these type of subscription services are generally an uphill battle, but for basically a quarter a day people hopefully people subscribe.

Last edited:

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

"WE nEeD KalIYeV 2 b a Top siCKs ferwErd"

You know what the top 6 is, Vilardi played well, and you know Iafallo won't sit. He's already been demoted from the start of last year. There's nowhere else for Kaliyev to play. Put Vilardi with Lizotte instead. Either way, one of those guys isn't going to play huge minutes. Probably both.

This is a potential roster Blake was fine with all summer, and we know how TM tends to roll.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011

"WE nEeD KalIYeV 2 b a Top siCKs ferwErd"

Welp, there you have it -- they found a way to get Vilardi into the mix. He's going to be on a short leash though -- he had a great camp last season only to shit the bed once the real games started, he can't do the same this time around. Also, this might turn out to be a godsend for Byfield.

Kaliyev will score goals wherever you put him and just makes that 4th line even more dangerous.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
You know what the top 6 is, Vilardi played well, and you know Iafallo won't sit. He's already been demoted from the start of last year. There's nowhere else for Kaliyev to play. Put Vilardi with Lizotte instead. Either way, one of those guys isn't going to play huge minutes. Probably both.

This is a potential roster Blake was fine with all summer, and we know how TM tends to roll.
You have to remember though, there are going to be injuries. The positive side is that we are finally in a position where we have the depth to sustain them. if you lose a top 6 player, no problem, here is another one!

PEOPLE, THIS IS A GREAT PROBLEM TO HAVE -- look yourself in the mirror and keep repeating that.

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
So many people wrongly believe Fiala played with and was a product of Kaprizov
Yeah - they really need to dive a little deeper into the analytics. That being said, Kaprizov probably took a lot more of the tough defensive matchups off Fiala and allowed him more time in the offensive zone. Just based on the small sample size of what i've seen so far from Fiala- I love his work ethic and his ability to get dirty in the corners. He also has shown some chemistry with Kempe and has that additional layer of speed. His shot is great - how many times have we seen a player score on a backhand like he did? We've had very few players that are capable of that shot. Gaborik in his prime I think is a good comparable.

I disagree with those of you who think Kopitar will take a step back this year in terms of scoring. I think he's actually going to ramp back up to over 70 points. Kempe has really grown as a player and Fiala is like nothing they've ever had on that line.

We should trade Clarke while his value is high before TM crashes his value.

Edit: :laugh:
We are so stacked on the right side, it's not even funny. It's why i'm not even stressed about losing Faber. Getting Fiala was such a boon for this team. He's exactly what we needed. I will be really stoked if we see 3 things this year:

1. Trade for a legit/bonafide LHD that is also big/mobile
2. See a big step forward with our younger group of prospects
3. Add another legit goaltending prospect

dman3474

Feb 21, 2009
L.A.
Having Walker and Durzi able to play the left, Edler lacking in the foot speed department, and trying Clarke out on the left, I think there will be a rotating cast for the bottom pair and #2LD spot until someone is brought in for it or one of those guys step up to hold their spot.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad