L.A. v. Vegas

Who would you prefer for the Oilers 1st round opponent?

• L.A. Kings

Votes: 26 44.1%
  • Vegas

Votes: 17 28.8%
  • Get back to work Cuppy

Votes: 16 27.1%

• Total voters

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Yeah, Vegas basically got a bye against Winnipeg last year. They were injured and bad. The Avs probably don’t get by St Louis two years ago if they don’t injure Binnington. There’s no shame in having an easier route.
Yah the “easier route.” Makes me think of “We want Florida!.” I think the Avs were pretty pumped to draw the Kraken last year as well.

Just take care of business. If there is a time Vegas is going to get taken out it’s early before Hill is 100% and they are 50 mill over the cap. Control what you can control.

Then who knows maybe LA traps themselves through the central division and Nashville takes out Vancouver.

Reactions: NeverForget06

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I think they are stuck playing us or Dallas, don’t think they can pass Nashville.

You are correct that they can't pass Nashville by virtue of tiebreakers, but theoretically they could still play Vancouver if Vancouver catches Dallas. LA is locked into either Wild Card 2 of Pacific 3rd.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I love how when we missed in 2002, so did they XD

And it doesn't cover that we got the W on them in 1997. Just fated to play the Stars in the post season.

Yeah, even played them twice in the glory years. The only franchise we've played more often than Dallas/Minnesota is Los Angeles. I find it amazing we've played the Islanders, Philly, Detroit and Colorado more than we've played Vancouver.

Los Angeles
9​
Dallas
8​
Winnipeg
7​
Calgary
6​
Chicago
5​
New York Islanders
3​