News Article: Kyrou signs 8 year extension

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
His underperforming and seemingly lack of tact did all of that. Kyrou is doing this to himself.
Then boo Berube as well, given your words. He underperformed as a coach the last two years and had no tact himself; hell, he's said just as bad - and honestly, worse - about Kyrou as Kyrou said about him.

Speaking as someone who played/still plays sports (high school basketball/boccia, but still), it would crush me if everyone booed me the second I had the ball, like what the fans did to Kyrou every time he touched the puck.

And his family? Seriously? Is that Kyrou's fault as well?

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
What an absolute shitshow this situation has become.

I am not a JR fan, but I do believe that he underestimated how hoosierish the Blues’ fanbase is.

We have so many fans that legitimately think Kyrou got Berube fired all by himself. And of course Berube did no wrong and was just perfect.

It’s been insane to read. I hope they win 20 in a row with Bannister and make the playoffs now just so we don’t have to keep hearing this shit for the next 12 months.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
What context is being missed?
I thought I explained that pretty clearly in a way that would be easily understood but I suppose I was wrong so I'll do it one more time. The actual questions and the actual answers that led up to the comment that had the boo-birds so up in their feelings last night.

That type of thing matters in a determining intent/motivation in a conversation when people are being told what happened, but weren't present themselves to witness it.

Dead Meat

Apr 27, 2004
I thought I explained that pretty clearly in a way that would be easily understood but I suppose I was wrong so I'll do it one more time. The actual questions and the actual answers that led up to the comment that had the boo-birds so up in their feelings last night.

That type of thing matters in a determining intent/motivation in a conversation when people are being told what happened, but weren't present themselves to witness it.

Right. Fill me in then - what was his intent?

Dead Meat

Apr 27, 2004
The context is that he's butthurt and wanted to take a shot at Berube on the way out.

No...my name is not Captain Obvious

Reactions: GoldenSeal

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
Right. Fill me in then - what was his intent?
Dude.. All you're doing here is trying to gaslight people and lure them into a maze of circular logic.

The Facts: Berube (coach) and Kyrou (star player) had a rocky relationship (happens literally every day in sports)

The narrative: Kyrou was the driving force in Chief getting shit canned and was excited about it

The Results: A social media shyte show

Reactions: Dead Meat
Dec 15, 2002
It’s been insane to read. I hope they win 20 in a row with Bannister and make the playoffs now just so we don’t have to keep hearing this shit for the next 12 months.
You've been around for a while, right? That happens, and we'll still be hearing this shit for the next 12 months. One side will be screaming from the rooftops about how right they were and they're always right and everyone should always listen to them, the other side will shift the goalposts so they can keep shouting their desired position without ever having to say "I was wrong."

People will be writing the words of their rants without fear, but no one will hear. Darning their socks in the night, and there's nobody there. No one will care. Wiping their hands as they try to send someone to the (internet) grave. No one will be saved. All the lonely people, where do they all come from?

Last edited:

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
You've been around for a while, right? That happens, and we'll still be hearing this shit for the next 12 months. One side will be screaming from the rooftops about how right they were and they're always right and everyone should always listen to them, the other side will shift the goalposts so they can keep shouting their desired position without ever having to say "I was wrong."
hey let's keep us politics out of this

What an absolute shitshow this situation has become.

I am not a JR fan, but I do believe that he underestimated how hoosierish the Blues’ fanbase is.

We have so many fans that legitimately think Kyrou got Berube fired all by himself. And of course Berube did no wrong and was just perfect.

you can thank 101 ESPN for a lot of that too, where JR is featured prominently

today they're on the "kyrou is a bad man and must continue to make amends" train, which seems to be exploiting the situation, but they need engagement too

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX

People will be writing the words of their rants without fear, but no one will hear. Darning their socks in the night, and there's nobody there. No one will care. Wiping their hands as they try to send someone to the (internet) grave. No one will be saved. All the lonely people, where do they all come from?
Eleanor Rigby died in the church and was buried along with her name. Nobody came.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
My exact thought.

I'd love to see the leaders on this team tell all 23 guys in the room to answer any and all of JR's questions with "no comment" for the next couple days.

Regardless of their personal feelings about Kyrou/Berube, I can't imagine that any player in that room was thrilled about a teammate being booed all night at home. I think plenty of guys could have understood/accepted boos during player intros, but the fact that it was relentless (and occurred when they announced his name for an assist) absolutely had to have pissed guys off.

This is a perfect 'us against the world' opportunity for leadership to grab on to. You want to build a good culture and get 23 guys pulling in the same direction? Making sure 22 teammates publicly have Kyrou's back on this accomplishes those goals. Singling out JR by no commenting him for a couple days gets a point across to him and makes it public that the team didn't like what happened yesterday.
Fantastic idea. 10/10

Reactions: Frenzy31

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
But priests don't poop.
1702672267705.png
1702672267705.png

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Then boo Berube as well, given your words. He underperformed as a coach the last two years and had no tact himself; hell, he's said just as bad - and honestly, worse - about Kyrou as Kyrou said about him.

Speaking as someone who played/still plays sports (high school basketball/boccia, but still), it would crush me if everyone booed me the second I had the ball, like what the fans did to Kyrou every time he touched the puck.

And his family? Seriously? Is that Kyrou's fault as well?
He’s a public figure whether he wants to be or not. If he wants to play the I’m arrogant and entitled game, then at the very least, have your agent do your talking for you. The fact that he said the things he has, and is under performing is nothing but damning.

Dude knows full well what the cup and playing well means to St. Louis and the franchise, and how passionate and nuts fans in general can be. Situations like this you handle with tact, something that he obviously felt was below him.

Last edited:

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
Maybe Jordan doesn't grow either....using your logic.
Does JR have the same incentive to grow from this whole thing as Kyrou does, though?? From my estimation, JR made a business decision a long time ago about how he was going to perform his job. His incentive was for his content to circulate no matter how inaccurate but just as damning, ignoring grey areas on the subject he's covering.

Kyrou's incentive now is to realize things like this happen in professional sports when dealing with the media. Grow from the experince and understand production on the box score makes this go away quicker than it all surfaced. I'm looking for a proclamation game from him against Dallas tomorrow and expect us to play inspired hockey as a unit. Anybody going tomorrow night?

Last edited:

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
didn't read it because it was Bernie, so not worth the time, but I will assume because it IS Bernie that it had mostly to do with eating ding-dongs and ho-hos

Dec 15, 2002
didn't read it because it was Bernie, so not worth the time, but I will assume because it IS Bernie that it had mostly to do with eating ding-dongs and ho-hos
Folks, never give up on your dreams. If Bernie Miklasz can still have a however-the-hell-long career he's had being a "journalist," with some of the beyond asinine shit he's written over the years, doing some of the boorish, arrogant, egotistical, self-centered shit he's done over the years, there's no reason you can't do what you dream of doing either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad