Rumor: Kypreos says Matthews will be 13.5M (Haggling over term)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
It's different though and you know that, Matthews squeezed every penny he could out of the Leafs the first time around and is doing so again. A small part of Mackinnon becoming the highest paid player was a thanks for being CRIMINALLY underpaid for literally 6 out of 7 years - not to mention winning a cup. Also, the rest of the league aren't just going to wait for McDavid to set the new bar for highest paid player every time his contract is up, in fact it only hurts McDavid himself if they do that so he kinda did have business doing that lol
McDavid will probably take another discount again anyways , idk if it will be on the Oilers as much as I hope he is a lifer but he has already taken a discount in an effort to have a better team around him.

Matthews idk why people are even upset he seems willing to stay in Toronto which i figured would be the issue .

And his contract ask isn't surprising after his last deal so idk what the issue is . He has played all his rfa years for Toronto already he doesn't owe them anything anymore . ( this year is his first ufa year hence the trade protection )

He's gonna work his ass off this year being a contract year so unless he demands a trade before this contract ends I see no fault .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad