Rumor: Kypreos: Regier on hot seat; well, not really, nothing imminent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Black is not in the chain of command above Darcy. He is parallel to Darcy. And you are not going to bring in a 37 year old to be Darcy's boss. Either Darcy leaves or Darcy would be the VP Hockey Operations with the new guy being the GM.

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011
That's the best theory I've seen. They sent out feelings to guys like Botterill and Fitzgerald to be VP of Hockey Operations (Darcy's Boss), not to replace Darcy. That would explain how this got "out" and means Kypreos' sources aren't wrong, but that Kypreos came to the wrong conclusion based on what he heard.

I can't see them making someone as green as Botteril Darcy's boss.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
That's the best theory I've seen. They sent out feelings to guys like Botterill and Fitzgerald to be VP of Hockey Operations (Darcy's Boss), not to replace Darcy. That would explain how this got "out" and means Kypreos' sources aren't wrong, but that Kypreos came to the wrong conclusion based on what he heard.

I can't see the guys that Kyper mentioned being brought in to oversee Regier.

The spot I was talking about would be for a guy that has been a GM and is not "in the game" any more.

Look at what Scotty Bowman is doing in Chicago.

I think Kyper reached here and got caught.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
Pegula has stated on the record that Regier is the guy to rebuild the team.

What will have changed between the off season and now if they replace Regier?

That's why the timing doesn't make sense. From a rebuild POV, Regier appears to have the team on track, no?

Well, if having them on track means having them lose, then yes, he has them on track. Of course, I could also make sure this team loses. I think any idiot off the street could lead them to last place in the league. Crashing a plane is easy; it's the getting it off the ground that takes work.

It's the mismanaging of certain players early in their career and the fact he hired Rolston (who is not a strong enough coach to have these kids grow during some bad years) that irks me about Regier's rebuild.

krt88

Jun 19, 2002
Fayetteville, NC
cybionscape.com
What do the Sabres gain by waiting? It's obvious the guy has to go as it's now starting to hurt the teams tickets sales. This teams isn't going to win, I think most of us understood that but it has looked bad and completely confused at times. You might as well dump RR with darcy and start fresh.

Just get it done!

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
What do the Sabres gain by waiting? It's obvious the guy has to go as it's now starting to hurt the teams tickets sales. This teams isn't going to win, I think most of us understood that but it has looked bad and completely confused at times. You might as well dump RR with darcy and start fresh.

Just get it done!

How do you lose while looking good with a really young team?

Well, if having them on track means having them lose, then yes, he has them on track. Of course, I could also make sure this team loses. I think any idiot off the street could lead them to last place in the league. Crashing a plane is easy; it's the getting it off the ground that takes work.

It's the mismanaging of certain players early in their career and the fact he hired Rolston (who is not a strong enough coach to have these kids grow during some bad years) that irks me about Regier's rebuild.

Having them on track means moving out vets to create playing time opportunities for the young players and adding more and more prospects to the pipeline.

Pegula had to rubber stamp the Rolston hire and the process that they went through in making the decision to hire him. So, I can't see why that is a fire-able offense this soon when the big boss was a part of that decision making process.

Pegula approved the rebuild.

Pegula approved the Rolston hire.

Pegula when there when Devine was stumping for Zadorov for Pete's sake!

AirBriere48

Oct 22, 2006
This is encouraging (and also means those rumors were bogus):

howard ‏@hsimon62:
Ted Black: dont get too bogged down with wins and losses. its going to be a long season but have to pull back and think big picture

howard ‏@hsimon62:
asked about what #Sabres think of Fire Darcy chants, Black said they need to stay the course and cant panic

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
As much as I want Regier gone, I really don't think it would happen until after the season....Seems like Pegula & Co. are going to give him even more time.....So I highly doubt they fire him in season....

As far as those fans chanting Fire Regier, they should have been chanting that starting back in 06'....or maybe when Pegula took over....It's too late now....I believe we are stuck with him for the rest of the season....

One way though to silent those fans would be to trade away Vanek and Miller....Then maybe those fans would understand we are rebuilding....

I see in the Rumor section there is a rumor now that has Vanek and Miller going to Edmonton....Nail Yak is involved....I say "why not" ?

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
As much as I want Regier gone, I really don't think it would happen until after the season....Seems like Pegula & Co. are going to give him even more time.....So I highly doubt they fire him in season....

I doubt they fire him this upcoming off season, either.

As far as those fans chanting Fire Regier, they should have been chanting that starting back in 06'....or maybe when Pegula took over....It's too late now....I believe we are stuck with him for the rest of the season....

The Pegula Day game was the time for it. Doing it today sounds like impatient kids to me.

One way though to silent those fans would be to trade away Vanek and Miller....Then maybe those fans would understand we are rebuilding....

If trading Pominville away with a year left on his deal didn't get through to fans, I doubt moving Vanek & Miller will get through to those guys.

I see in the Rumor section there is a rumor now that has Vanek and Miller going to Edmonton....Nail Yak is involved....I say "why not" ?

I say it's Bucky Gleason so it's "probably not".

BUCKSHOT

""""""""""""""""""""""
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
I doubt they fire him this upcoming off season, either.

The Pegula Day game was the time for it. Doing it today sounds like impatient kids to me.

If trading Pominville away with a year left on his deal didn't get through to fans, I doubt moving Vanek & Miller will get through to those guys.

I think they have to give Darcy 2 years at a minimum or they just should have fired him before this past draft

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006

His TBN column today was also a "Kypreos is an amazing journalist so he must be right!". Him, Harrington, the entire set off TBN clowns jumping all over it because it fits their agenda.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
I'm all for the rebuild but I will be dead honest.....I see nothing to be excited about when looking at the forwards the Sabres have, currently, in the system. By that I mean I don't point at any of them and think they can be special.

I sure do like what I see out of Pysyk and Risto. ultimately, we may have to deal a young defenseman for a equivalent, talented, forward.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
His TBN column today was also a "Kypreos is an amazing journalist so he must be right!". Him, Harrington, the entire set off TBN clowns jumping all over it because it fits their agenda.

I hope someone asks him in January what his source was for being so sure about Kypreos and and the "word getting around."

I mean, that's almost just making a deliberate mockery of journalism. "Word gets around." If you can't even point to an anonymous source in some organization or other, WTF are you even pretending to do?

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
I'm all for the rebuild but I will be dead honest.....I see nothing to be excited about when looking at the forwards the Sabres have, currently, in the system. By that I mean I don't point at any of them and think they can be special.

I sure do like what I see out of Pysyk and Risto. ultimately, we may have to deal a young defenseman for a equivalent, talented, forward.

Thats the problem I see. But with a top 3 pick next year we will have that player. By the looks of things we will have a few years of top 3 picks.

The D IMO is set, the role play forwards IMO are set. Darcy is great at getting secondary and role players. Where Darcy has ALWAYS struggled is finding 1st line talent.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
John Vogl this morning:

Fans are calling for Sabres GM Darcy Regier’s firing. Predators assistant GM Paul Fenton could be inline for a move to GM somewhere.

^ another name being added to list of somewhat of a GM search

Duddy

Everyday is
Dec 24, 2005
So a guy from a budget team who has won even less than the sabres? Awesome

ThatsAud

Sep 7, 2010
Surrey, BC
Gotta give credit where credit is due. Kypreos called it, or at least it appears that way. Could be a coincidence, or just easy pickings to discuss rumours about a failing team's front office.

It's funny to look back at the Sabres' response to Kypreos. "Zero truth" to the report. :)

Welcome back Ted & Pat!

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Gotta give credit where credit is due. Kypreos called it, or at least it appears that way. Could be a coincidence, or just easy pickings to discuss rumours about a failing team's front office.

It's funny to look back at the Sabres' response to Kypreos. "Zero truth" to the report. :)

Welcome back Ted & Pat!

Even more significant to think that this was definitely in the working for 3 weeks, based on the timetable.

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
No fan of Kipper but he does have the date pretty close as well. Crud, and I dont even like Kipper.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

Welcome back Ted & Pat!

and a broken clock is accurate twice during a day....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad