Player Discussion: Kyle Connor is a machine.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Was nice to see Connor score that pp goal back door from the dot. Watched him do that sooooo many times back with Michigan's pp. Wasnt sure if anybody remembered be could do that.

Nice to have that left and right slot that can put it in. That's going to put the PK at a big disadvantage.
Since the D QB don't have the shot since Jets lost Buff/Myers.

But i think that set up is only for 5 on 3

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Not a 5 minute major, not a single question from the press to Maurice in the post game interview, not a word from player safety and basically zero posts from fans in Winnipeg or Calgary regarding the Hanifin hit on Connor.

Button & Dutchyshen of TSN say it's suspendable & deserves review from Player Safety.

Where's the outrage Winnipeg? Jets win in OT & all is forgiven after yet another reckless play on our players by a member of the Flames? After what happened in the play-in round?

View attachment 384688 View attachment 384689 View attachment 384690 View attachment 384691
I brought it up in post game thread, it's a absolute joke. I hope the Jets sent a tape to the NHL to show this crap , dirty play. And if they did and the NHL said no problem , if a Jet does this they better get the same treatment but we know they won't.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Not a 5 minute major, not a single question from the press to Maurice in the post game interview, not a word from player safety and basically zero posts from fans in Winnipeg or Calgary regarding the Hanifin hit on Connor.

Button & Dutchyshen of TSN say it's suspendable & deserves review from Player Safety.

Where's the outrage Winnipeg? Jets win in OT & all is forgiven after yet another reckless play on our players by a member of the Flames? After what happened in the play-in round?

View attachment 384688 View attachment 384689 View attachment 384690 View attachment 384691
Oh I was HEATED when it happened. Our best scorer gets driven head first into the dasher and a 2 minute minor? As for player safety, I've given up hoping they will make a right call, especially when it comes to the Jets. They get it wrong so much - it's like they aren't even trying to be consistent or just.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
I’ve been pushing for Connor to replace Wheeler on the half wall since last season. He has a deadly one timer from there, scored many from there in Michigan. He also has good vision and can makes smart passes.

Wheeler has become fairly one dimensional from there. He doesn’t have the one timer to be a threat scoring so defenceman play to take the cross pass away. Connor they have to respect the shot more.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I’ve been pushing for Connor to replace Wheeler on the half wall since last season. He has a deadly one timer from there, scored many from there in Michigan. He also has good vision and can makes smart passes.

Wheeler has become fairly one dimensional from there. He doesn’t have the one timer to be a threat scoring so defenceman play to take the cross pass away. Connor they have to respect the shot more.

Yea it gives more of the two one timer shooting options with Scheif in the middle.

It would be part of a more complex layered “multi look” I would like to see our #1 unit adopt.

Reactions: Tommigun

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Oh I was HEATED when it happened. Our best scorer gets driven head first into the dasher and a 2 minute minor? As for player safety, I've given up hoping they will make a right call, especially when it comes to the Jets. They get it wrong so much - it's like they aren't even trying to be consistent or just.

Couldn’t agree more. I was under the impression that a boarding penalty that caused an injury like KCs bleeding nose was an automatic major.

Reactions: Jet

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
The kid doesn't get much attention - from the press, the league or Jet fans for that matter despite his numbers over the years - most will bring up his D stats more so than his scoreboard numbers, including Jet fans - I find that strange as a big KC fan but you get used to it.
Keep in mind, he tallied 3 pts last night too - but very little was said about it. A beauty of a stretch pass to send Patty in alone on his first goal and I don't think it was mentioned in 21 pages of post game discussion.

He's a low profile star and he'll likely always be over shadowed by the bigger personalities - and he'd probably prefer it that way. I'm here to pump his tires when I get a chance - someone has to (or should).

As for the hit, dirty as they get and should be at least a game. Nice to see Laine back him up - and nice to see KC acknowledge his respect for Laine as a player and a team mate.

Do you know if KC went to concussion protocol after that hit? He returned so fast I don’t think he did?

DashingDane

Dutch boy
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles

Feels like a no brainer with Connor's shot. Wheeler might be a slightly better passer but I think Connor does everything else better. Wheelers size at netfront would also be a huge asset.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Couldn’t agree more. I was under the impression that a boarding penalty that caused an injury like KCs bleeding nose was an automatic major.
It absolutely should. It reminds me of the time Lowry hit Goligolski and he hit the glass flush. He went down like he'd been murdered, and Adam got 5+game. Goligolski was in the pp and Dallas scored. Adam got a 1 game suspension.

Hanifins hit was more egregious as he could have easily broken Connors nose, occipital bone or given him a concussion.

The NHL is still completely clueless about player safety. The iihf is miles ahead of them.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
It absolutely should. It reminds me of the time Lowry hit Goligolski and he hit the glass flush. He went down like he'd been murdered, and Adam got 5+game. Goligolski was in the pp and Dallas scored. Adam got a 1 game suspension.

Hanifins hit was more egregious as he could have easily broken Connors nose, occipital bone or given him a concussion.

The NHL is still completely clueless about player safety. The iihf is miles ahead of them.

They need to take discipline out of the hands of former players and put it into the hands of Drs. and Lawyers.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
It is. However the penalty was called a crosscheck

Sure, they called it that so they wouldn't have to give a major penalty. Don't think for a second that San Jose-Vegas series isn't still impacting how referees rule. They saw how much they could get shit on for erring on the side of protecting players.

kcin94

Jul 17, 2011
Sure, they called it that so they wouldn't have to give a major penalty. Don't think for a second that San Jose-Vegas series isn't still impacting how referees rule. They saw how much they could get shit on for erring on the side of protecting players.

I don't know about that. They automatically review majors. If anything I would guess they would be call majors more, knowing they can change it if it's wrong.

Unfortunately I think this was a "he got up fairly quickly, therefore it's just a 2" situation, which is stupid, but common.

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I don't know about that. They automatically review majors. If anything I would guess they would be call majors more, knowing they can change it if it's wrong.

Unfortunately I think this was a "he got up fairly quickly, therefore it's just a 2" situation, which is stupid, but common.

He did get up quick and went to the bench with his cut nose.
The guys pretty durable when you think about it - how much time has he missed since being in the league?

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
He's looked real good so far. I see him becoming more of a play driver offensively. Has hit what 3 posts too?

i like the set up with him on the PP. Need Laine back for the other side, and Wheeler setting these two up.
Agreed, not picking on Wheeler but he's a way better passer than shooter and he's got a big frame to screen the goalie and tip shots in .

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Same shot that he scored on the PP the game before. Having Laine on one side and KC on the other opens up a world of possibilities.

Sure does. Have been wondering for a while why we didn't have a LH shooter there -- especially one who can really shoot -- but good to see them trying new things now. KC is much more effective as a shooter and puck-gatherer (which he's bloody good at) than he was twiddling his thumbs behind the net as the opposing D lay in wait for the telegraphed pass to Laine.

Laine's high-end passing and KC's ability to take a pass and release it quickly also open things up a lot.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I would love 5 forwards on the PP Laine, Connor, Scheifele, Ehlers and Wheeler.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad