Player Discussion: Kyle Connor is a machine.

Sperss1997

Oct 29, 2015
Aarhus
I agree they are both good players with shortcomings.

I think Ehlers is as good offensively IMO. He generates allot of points for the time he is on the ice. Being on the #1 PP unit is going to distort raw production quite a bit. Currently Connor has 56 even strength points and Ehlers has 53 even strength points playing mostly on the 2nd line away from the top scoring centre.
Even strength is also 3v3 and 4v4, where we all know Ehlers doesnt get much icetime.
5v5 Ehlers has 46 points and leads the Jets, KC has 40 points with almost 90 minutes more played, which equals a little more than 6 games played.
PoMo is a moron!

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Not every player is going to be an advanced stats darling.

And, if I could have a player that is a bit lacking defensively and doesn't ride his teammates coattails to a 40 goal 80+ point season, I figure out a way to make it work.

That said, the Rangers are interested if you want to trade him to an Eastern Conference team.

Reactions: Dale53130

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Even strength is also 3v3 and 4v4, where we all know Ehlers doesnt get much icetime.
5v5 Ehlers has 46 points and leads the Jets, KC has 40 points with almost 90 minutes more played, which equals a little more than 6 games played.
PoMo is a moron!
I wonder how many of those minutes are because of changing from pk to 5 v 5 and the puck is hemmed in their end or there is an opportunity for an odd man rush whether you’d be happy. If he gives up opportunities in their end and our end like mad but he is always prompt to give Ehlers his playing minutes. Ditto with power play. Also it would be a better comparison with Laine who gets power play minutes and might get hemmed in their end.
Also the last 5 games Connor has been great at break out and entries. And his D has been better.
Not saying Nik doesn’t deserve more minutes.

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
PoMo is a moron!

Thank you for that I just deducted the PP points but you actually calculated the 5v5 and points and calculated the minute differential which is pretty large.

I don’t really mind that Nik doesn’t play with Scheif or on that top line. I am fine with spreading out talent and Ehlers driving his own line.

Nik would be a prime weapon at 3 on 3 but he is clearly not Paul’s cup of tea. I am not a Maurice hater (I am Meh on him) and all coaches have limitations. Paul struggles with the way Nik plays hockey even though it’s really effective. That is a significant blind spot he owns.

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

And, if I could have a player that is a bit lacking defensively and doesn't ride his teammates coattails to a 40 goal 80+ point season, I figure out a way to make it work.

That said, the Rangers are interested if you want to trade him to an Eastern Conference team.

We like to nitpick and debate.

I do appreciate the scarcity of a pure finisher like Connor even if I prefer more complete players (advanced stats darlings) like Mark Stone or Panarin. Guys that can finish but they drive their line and the team.

I will joyfully keep our perennial 30 to 40 goal scorer. Kyle is a Low maintenance date on a pretty nice contract too.

Reactions: Jet

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

:laugh: Connor isn't going anywhere . :nod:

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian

This is really an extraordinary statement. :laugh: I'll pipe up on behalf of armchair GMs everywhere. Sure we're interested, this is part of our Master Plan. We'll take Panarin and Kakko, if that's ok with you? And please throw in Trouba after convincing his agent that he really wants to play in somewhere other than where his fiancee is going to medical school, *and* while we're negociating, have the Rangers eat half of Trouba's salary for the duration of that awful contract. That should do it.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
This is really an extraordinary statement. :laugh: I'll pipe up on behalf of armchair GMs everywhere. Sure we're interested, this is part of our Master Plan. We'll take Panarin and Kakko, if that's ok with you? And please throw in Trouba after convincing his agent that he really wants to play in somewhere other than where his fiancee is going to medical school, *and* while we're negociating, have the Rangers eat half of Trouba's salary for the duration of that awful contract. That should do it.
I’ll pass on Trouba and take Fox instead.

Reactions: kanadalainen

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

As long as we can get a deal like we got with Trouba lets talk :)

Reactions: pld459666

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I'll pass on Trouba - overrated and vastly overpaid.

Reactions: ERYX and sipowicz

Sperss1997

Oct 29, 2015
Aarhus

Please, take Ehlers. Anything to get him away from Pomo.
I like KC too. He is especially very good (deadly) in close to the goalie, but his lack of defense almost evens his offensive output. He should be able to fix that though, but numbers do not suggest that it is something he cares much about. If he loves money more than winning that is the right approach, because GMs still live in the stone age and pay mainly for points - also when it comes to blue liners

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
So Connor is still up in the stint where Perreault got injured. Do you guys think he’ll be sent back to the AHL or will he stay up a while longer?

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
does anyone have a summary on how many goals he's scored with Scheifele vs without at 5v5, and the 5v5 mins? I know it's gonna be stark differences in efficiency, but just wondering how big of a gap

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
that's not individual goals though, that's on-ice GF/GA. looking for his individual goals scored with Scheifele vs w/o
That's in there. Look at GF and GA with each other and isolated from each other. If you want to dig deeper you will need to spend the time isolating further.

Edit: you can also dig through the game logs feature if it is something you really want to dig into.

Last edited:

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
That's in there. Look at GF and GA with each other and isolated from each other. If you want to dig deeper you will need to spend the time isolating further.
Yeah I know you can do that. It will have to be going through game logs and all that.

Was just wondering if someone had a clear concise chart of the stats already

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Yeah I know you can do that. It will have to be going through game logs and all that.

Was just wondering if someone had a clear concise chart of the stats already
Sorry I can't help you with that. Good luck with your search. I'd expect Connor to do better than you expect. IMO he is one of the least appreciated players on the team, which is a damn shame considering how creative he is around the net.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Sorry I can't help you with that. Good luck with your search. I'd expect Connor to do better than you expect. IMO he is one of the least appreciated players on the team, which is a damn shame considering how creative he is around the net.

I don't think he would. But we'll see

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad