Confirmed with Link: Kulikov Traded to the Ducks for Future Considerations

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
I noticed that Kulikov played mostly with Merrill last season. Which one of them typically played on the right side?

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
After the Gologoski and Merrill extensions, this was kind of inevitable

Reactions: TaLoN

north21

May 1, 2014
MN
He had some rough outings but overall I think he was pretty decent bottom pair guy who could play up when needed for short stints. A little offense there too.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
That nightmare game in the playoffs sealed his fate, he did a good job most of the season and didn’t look too out of place in the top 4 when we had injuries. Wish I could spam the clip of him skating circles around Panarin any time the main board tries rating him over Kaprizov. Best of luck to him in Anaheim.

P10p

May 15, 2012
This likely means Addison has a spot? Especially with Merril injured to start the season.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Unless there is a subsequent signing/trade that uses Kulikov's money I don't like the trade.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
If we don’t do anything with this cap room, then this was an unnecessary move. Would rather have the defensive depth with Merrill hurt and Goligoski being a worse defenseman. It also didn’t hurt having a Russian for Kap.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Learning a language is a lot easier when you have a fluent speaker of both on the roster.
Yet, we have no reports that they spent much time at all together. Plenty that he spent a lot of time with Dumba and Zucc.

Dumba even commented on how well he actually speaks the language already anyway.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Yet, we have no reports that they spent much time at all together. Plenty that he spent a lot of time with Dumba and Zucc.

Dumba even commented on how well he actually speaks the language already anyway.
Disagree, point still stands that it’s an unnecessary move if we don’t make any further moves.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Disagree, point still stands that it’s an unnecessary move if we don’t make any further moves.
I agree that it wasn't necessary, until they committed to Goligoski. With Addison coming in though, everyone saw the writing on the wall...Kulikov has been the odd man out for quite some time. Many have been predicting his trade at some point this offseason.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN

I'm not going to spend the time to find it, but there was an article (I think in the Athletic) in which Kaprizov talked about how having Kulikov around helped him learn the nuances of English. Things like humor have started to translate for him now, where before he didn't fully get all the jokes.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I'm not going to spend the time to find it, but there was an article (I think in the Athletic) in which Kaprizov talked about how having Kulikov around helped him learn the nuances of English. Things like humor have started to translate for him now, where before he didn't fully get all the jokes.
So, he's probably long past that point then and they "got their use" ot of him in that aspect.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00