Kucherov shoulder to the head hit on Vatanen (upd: no supplementary discipline)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxton Fettel

Mar 3, 2006
Don't judge by the result. The hit is legal. Player is injured, OK, but as a result of a legal hit, so there's nothing to talk about here. Injuries happen every day.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
lesson of the day: skate around with your head down

carrier hunched over is unable to be hit without a suspension, vatanen upright is fair game for guys to launch into him

dops is pathetic

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
Except it wasn't.
Lol so Kucherov didnt leave his feet?

I could care less about suspensions but dont just make crap up to pump your tires lol. Everyone has acknowledged he left his feet - go read the rulebook or have your kids learn to play hockey and youll find out leaving your feet for a hit is illegal.

Not all illegal hits are suspended otherwise there wouldnt be any controversy now would there be?

KotBegemot

Feb 18, 2018

I could care less about suspensions but dont just make crap up to pump your tires lol. Everyone has acknowledged he left his feet - go read the rulebook or have your kids learn to play hockey and youll find out leaving your feet for a hit is illegal.

Not all illegal hits are suspended otherwise there wouldnt be any controversy now would there be?

He left his feet after the contact as a result of it. I'll give you that Kuch had one (right) leg in the air at the moment of contact but not both of them.

Nico the Draft Riser

Nov 18, 2017
He left his feet after the contact as a result of it. I'll give you that Kuch had one (right) leg in the air at the moment of contact but not both of them.
Well obviously, this isnt peewees the guy doesnt have to literally jump into his hit.

Feet being lifted by force is fine. That wasnt the case here. But either way we both know he left his feet thus the hit was illegal. Again, doesnt mean its suspension worthy, it just means guys know he jumps into his hits.

I could care less if anything happens to him but players hate that type of stuff because it causes unnecessary strain on the neck and head (when force is pushing upward when it should be lateral)

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
I love Kuch and that should be a game. In a perfect world I would give more than that but it wouldn't be fair to comparable hits this postseason.

I think he deserved a game merely for the fact he didn't get a major in game. It is impossible to tell intent but he clearly collided his shoulder with Sami's head, and it resulted in an injury. I want these guys to have long careers more than wanting to see headshots.

Besides, one game won't kill em.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Well obviously, this isnt peewees the guy doesnt have to literally jump into his hit.

Feet being lifted by force is fine. That wasnt the case here. But either way we both know he left his feet thus the hit was illegal. Again, doesnt mean its suspension worthy, it just means guys know he jumps into his hits.

I could care less if anything happens to him but players hate that type of stuff because it causes unnecessary strain on the neck and head (when force is pushing upward when it should be lateral)

Have you ever played hockey before? Or are you basing all your incorrect assumptions on what you've played in NHL 18?

He went for a big hit to get the puck carrier off the puck. He achieved that with a clean and legal hit. You have a problem with it, argue that the rule itself is wrong, not that the play is.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I love Kuch and that should be a game. In a perfect world I would give more than that but it wouldn't be fair to comparable hits this postseason.

I think he deserved a game merely for the fact he didn't get a major in game. It is impossible to tell intent but he clearly collided his shoulder with Sami's head, and it resulted in an injury. I want these guys to have long careers more than wanting to see headshots.

Besides, one game won't kill em.
Good thing this wasn't a headshot, or a suspension worthy hit.

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I can see why no discipline BUT I could see where he could have gotten a game. contact near the head and it was a bit of a charge. Idk, thought it should have been 1. Does not matter, Devils need to win a road game no matter who is in the lineup on both sides. Gut check time.

Nico the Draft Riser

Nov 18, 2017
Have you ever played hockey before? Or are you basing all your incorrect assumptions on what you've played in NHL 18?

He went for a big hit to get the puck carrier off the puck. He achieved that with a clean and legal hit. You have a problem with it, argue that the rule itself is wrong, not that the play is.
'have you ever played hockey before'

You dont even know me lmfao, dont act like you can tell what people do on the internet. Go ahead and show me some nice still images of Kucherov's feet remaining on the ice before and through the hit - ill wait

Reactions: D Wakaluk

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
I can see why no discipline BUT I could see where he could have gotten a game. contact near the head and it was a bit of a charge. Idk, thought it should have been 1. Does not matter, Devils need to win a road game no matter who is in the lineup on both sides.
I think if it's ambiguous and it's a player with no dirty history, they typically get the benefit of the doubt. Personally, I see a clean hit with a very unfortunate result.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009

Plenty of NJ fans agree it wasn't a bad hit. I read it on your board. Go explain to them that they need to get a rulebook.

Neutral Hockey Fan

Sep 24, 2010
I still find it hard to believe that people on here have no idea what causes a concussion.

Everyone here is saying “he has a concussion! That proves it was a head shot! Head contact had to have been made since he has a concussion!!!”

Do you people not realize that more concussions are caused by contact to the chest and stomach area, than contact to the head? Or are you just ignorant of the actual causes of concussions all together?

Reactions: J T Money

Nico the Draft Riser

Nov 18, 2017
I think if it's ambiguous and it's a player with no dirty history, they typically get the benefit of the doubt. Personally, I see a clean hit with a very unfortunate result.
So you wouldnt have agreed wit a 2 minute charging call?

Charging is the action where a player takes more than two strides or travels an excessive distance to accelerate through a body check for the purpose of punishing the opponent. This includes skating or leaving one's feet (jumping) into the opponent to deliver a check, accelerating through a check for the purpose of punishing the opponent, or skating a great distance for the purpose of delivering a check with excessive force.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
He intentionally hit him up high, basically jumped into it and got almost nothing but head... No suspension.

Maybe the Devils coach didn't cry to the media enough.

Reactions: tny760
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad