Post-Game Talk: Krackheads 3 Tired Jets 2

jetsfan91

May 29, 2013
Perfetan has been kinda underwhelming IMO, getting gifted a top 6 spot without earning it is never right!
Comparing Perfetti to Petan is just straight disrespectful kid is only 20 years old in his second year and did more then Petan did in 5 seasons as a Jet, if you want to talk about gifting top six minutes.. Petan got every opportunity to show he was a top six player with good wingers and couldn’t back it.

Last edited:

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Comparing Perfetti to Petan is just straight disrespectful kid is only 20 years old in his second year and did more then Petan did in 5 seasons as a Jet, if you want to talk about gifting top six minutes.. Petan got every opportunity to show he was a top six player with good wingers and couldn’t back it.
Both small slow players

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Haha the Jets were the top scoring team in the nhl for the month of December iirc until last night, and because they were obviously tired we need to panic and make a move?

I didn't realize one forward was going to save us from terrible scheduling.

At any rate, the Jets were in that game despite being dog tired. We just need to get through the next few weeks and we'll be fine, as a matter of fact, we'll probably end up losing a good player or two.

Reminder: this team is 20-10-1 and right there with Dallas for first in the Central.

Dude, they're ridiculously thin on forward. They had a waiver wire pickup playing top 6 minutes the last 2 games. Are you kidding me with this? They need help.

Reactions: surixon

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Dude, they're ridiculously thin on forward. They had a waiver wire pickup playing top 6 minutes the last 2 games. Are you kidding me with this? They need help.
Are you kidding me with knee jerk reactions to a temporary problem??

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for picking up a legit top 6 forward with some term as long as it's a fair deal. But I'm not all for freaking out and grabbing someone where they walk at the end of the year or we lose a bunch of organizational depth.

People here get so fixated on where a player was drafted or how they were acquired. I couldn't give a tiny shit less about that. I care about what that player does for the team. Capobianco has been a great pick up, as has a bunch of these other guys like Maenalanen, Fjallby, and yes, even Kuhlman. Some times players just fit better with a different team, different players, different systems.

There is a very real risk if we panicked now and tried to get a top 6 guy we'd get fleeced AND the guy wouldn't fit or produce (hello Kevin Hayes)

I also don't think players or teams look at themselves or other players in boxes. There is a sense of what they can do and what their strengths are, but all of these guys have played critical top tier roles throughout their hockey careers.

I don't think they are seen as a finished 'you must be this or that' product. That's a fan thing

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
This was exactly the kind of game where we needed eysemont. Hopefully hes out of the doghouse soon.
I really wish they would have injected some fresh bodies into the game. Not sure if Essy or Ville would have changed the result but they could have brought some added energy.

One thing I will say for Bowness is he seems to learn from his mistakes, he doesn't seem so fixated on stuff, so hopefully he will make more adjustments as he goes

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Are you kidding me with knee jerk reactions to a temporary problem??

Knee-jerk reactions for temporary problem? They've been rotating somebody in the top six ever since game 3. This isn't a knee-jerk reaction or a temporary problem. They've been thin all season. That they've been able to play to the level that they have is testament to the system that they are playing, but this is far from a knee-jerk reaction. They need help. They've needed help. I'd like to see them get help before they get to a point where they are scrambling for points. They've built a comfortable buffer, and I'd like to see the Jets be more proactive than reactive.
I really wish they would have injected some fresh bodies into the game. Not sure if Essy or Ville would have changed the result but they could have brought some added energy.

This is the other part. The schedule is catching up with them now, and they work hard to play the way they are. Bodies break down, players get injured, and it's next man up. How many more next man up are we going to be able to afford?

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Knee-jerk reactions for temporary problem? They've been rotating somebody in the top six ever since game 3. This isn't a knee-jerk reaction or a temporary problem. They've been thin all season. That they've been able to play to the level that they have is testament to the system that they are playing, but this is far from a knee-jerk reaction. They need help. They've needed help. I'd like to see them get help before they get to a point where they are scrambling for points. They've built a comfortable buffer, and I'd like to see the Jets be more proactive than reactive.

This is the other part. The schedule is catching up with them now, and they work hard to play the way they are. Bodies break down, players get injured, and it's next man up. How many more next man up are we going to be able to afford?
I agree we should add if there is a player available for the right price. Also, at this point other teams can look at our injuries and see we are desperate and any adds would be reactive instead of proactive like you suggest we should be.
Adding a player in the offseason is proactive, adding now is reactive and comes across as desperate and ripe for taking advantage of.

Teppo Numenor

Mar 14, 2016
Schedule maker 1 Jets 0 , having said that if the Jets didn't have so many injuries i think they win that game.
I wonder if its usually the road team on back to backs, intentionally giving the home team fans more to cheer about

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Feels like we wasted a really good start from Dave. Once they tied it I was just hoping to hold onto OT as we likely dominate that and win.

DeMelo and Dillon fumble the ball and flush our points good bye. Seattle outplayed us. Special teams was the only thing that kept it close.

We better beat Ottawa before the Bruins throat punch us.

Last edited:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Feels like we wasted a really good start from Dave. Once they tied it down bead just hoping to hold onto OT as we likely dominate that and win.

DeMelo and Dillon fumble the ball and flush out points good bye. Seattle outplayed us. Special teams was the only thing that kept it close.

We better beat Ottawa before the Bruins throat punch us.
:laugh:

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Perfetan has been kinda underwhelming IMO, getting gifted a top 6 spot without earning it is never right!
He has been the past few games, he's gone stretches where he's straight up dominant as well. Might be time to mix up his linemates.

Reactions: sipowicz

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
He has been the past few games, he's gone stretches where he's straight up dominant as well. Might be time to mix up his linemates.
Might be time to leave him with the same linemates and probably extend the stretches where he's been straight up dominant.

Reactions: sipowicz

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Might be time to leave him with the same linemates and probably extend the stretches where he's been straight up dominant.
You say that like he's been all over the place. Apart from injury mix-ups he's only played on two lines this season. He's been quiet for awhile now.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016

One thing I will say for Bowness is he seems to learn from his mistakes, he doesn't seem so fixated on stuff, so hopefully he will make more adjustments as he goes
Hearing his post game comments, I almost got the impression he was expecting more from the guys based on a light game against the nucks and balanced minutes across the lines -
I also hope he gets that B2B's are hard - regardless of how well the minutes were managed in the prior game.
Keep shuffling the deck Bones - it's not getting any easier this month

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I think we might start to see (already seeing?) how important Wheeler was to that line. Kuhlman doesn't seem like the answer on that line. I would push for Harkins to get slotted up there based on pure performance but that 3rd line has been working so well I loath to break it up. Even if Chevy wanted to make a trade it is no longer possible due to the freeze.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad