Post-Game Talk: Krackheads 3 Tired Jets 2

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Now I know that Capobianco has only had a cup of coffee so far with the Jets and his play has been not to bad. I wonder if he continues his play if this would be an opportunity to try to trade Schmidt and that contract of his. That's 5m in cap space that can be used elsewhere
What if Schmidt is a big part of the locker room... I wouldn't trade away any key players on a winning team

Last edited:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I know this won't be popular but i would like to see Perfetti get going a little especially with all our injuries. Not down on him or anything but would like to see a little more scoring from him especially when he is playing with our #1 center Scheifele.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
The roster freeze is tomorrow, huh? One more day to get some help for the Jets before the Christmas break. They sorely need it. No one was making anything happen 5v5. The schedule didn't do them any favours, but it's not like Seattle is a powerhouse. Just no legs in the last half of the game. Too bad, because it was still a winnable game.
Haha the Jets were the top scoring team in the nhl for the month of December iirc until last night, and because they were obviously tired we need to panic and make a move?

I didn't realize one forward was going to save us from terrible scheduling.

At any rate, the Jets were in that game despite being dog tired. We just need to get through the next few weeks and we'll be fine, as a matter of fact, we'll probably end up losing a good player or two.

Reminder: this team is 20-10-1 and right there with Dallas for first in the Central.

New this one wouldn’t end well with Rittsieve in net!
Rittich played well outside losing his net on that Eberle backhand, which was bar in. He did exactly what you need a cheap backup to do

Mistake made with the starting goaltenders this weekend. Could have been a 4-pointer.
Crystal Ball thinking, besides having Hellebuyck in wouldn't have made the team any less tired

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I disagree greatly on PLD. From my view he generated a lot of chances and was in on both of the goals that the Jets did end up getting past Seattle.

I'm not sure how much stock I can put into the rest of your analysis when it feels like every single game you are calling out PLD, who is on route to a 40 goal & 90+ point season
There's no point 🤣

Reactions: Inanna

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I was impressed that the Jets managed to get 2 goals on 6 shots through a period and a half, on 2 PPs, but the rest of the game looked like a tired team struggling against a team that had its legs. Though Lowry's line showed something out there, especially in the 2nd period.

Probably could have earned a point if a simple d to d pass doesn't become a turnover. But that's a sure sign of fatigue. I don't think there's a need to scapegoat anyone after this game.

I wonder if Ville the Kid draws in for Ottawa, with the home ice matchup advantage. Capobianco made a hell of play to save a goal very early in the game. And he was the only one up to standing up for Cole Perfetti, who took a couple of shots in the back tonight. That will be an interesting choice given the PP was pretty successful, the 2nd PP maybe not, but they only got one shift.
Id pull out samberg for heinola and for the love of God split up 5 and 4

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
I forgot, we're supposed to go 82-0

Special thanks to all the posters in here reminding me that it's unacceptable to lose our 10th game in 17 days (on a west coast back to back)

I bet the boys checked in to the hotel in Seattle around 5:00am CST this morning (unless they chose to stay in Van and take the short flight today - which poses its own challenges).

You try that then work the next day and let me know how your productivity levels are

I have

Their work day starts at 7 PM

Reactions: Adam da bomb

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I know this won't be popular but i would like to see Perfetti get going a little especially with all our injuries. Not down on him or anything but would like to see a little more scoring from him especially when he is playing with our #1 center Scheifele.

My guess is the scheduling is hitting him harder then the rest of the team given he's never experienced it before. He's looked fatigued and a bit sluggish the last few games. But yes if like to see a bit more scoring but having ups and downs in scoring is par for the course for a young player. He went 9 in 7 and now is 1 in 4. He will likely get going again soon.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Whoever plays with 4 seems to struggle. So you either find someone (ville) to play with him or you move 4.

4 makes a bit of coin too. 88 brings personality and leadership atleast when he's off his game

Reactions: Inanna

Jetland162702

Pup-peroni Junkie
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg
1671466349193.png

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Perfetan has been kinda underwhelming IMO, getting gifted a top 6 spot without earning it is never right!

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

Lions67

Mar 6, 2018
Winnipeg
If i was a good goalie why would i sign in Winnipeg Helly is going to get 80% of the starts because he's one of the best in the NHL . Now throw in the pure fact that Winnipeg isn't high on players list to want to play and Chevy has one of the toughest GM jobs in the NHL.
I get the first part of your post, but I can’t stand the last part.
How many times are we going to continue to band that drum that no one will come here to play?
Last I checked, we are one of 32 teams on the entire planet that plays in the number 1 league in the world. When we talk like this we just perpetuate the narrative.

Now I know that Capobianco has only had a cup of coffee so far with the Jets and his play has been not to bad. I wonder if he continues his play if this would be an opportunity to try to trade Schmidt and that contract of his. That's 5m in cap space that can be used elsewhere
I think you need to rein it in a bit here. Lol

Reactions: Stumbledore

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Perfetti had

so they start at 4pm still 8 hours of sleep.
I'm guessing they follow a similar routine every day on the road

Not all 8 hours of sleep are the same. Why is it so hard to accept that these guys were probably gassed? Not an excuse but certainly a factor

Reactions: Stumbledore

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
JFC, Perfetti is 3rd in rookie scoring. He is also 6th on the team for even strength scoring at 16, while Wheeler and Scheifele have 19, Connor and Dubois have 21 and Morrissey has 22.
He also sits 9th in PP time per game. Less than Gagner and barely more than Lowry FFS. Everyone above him in scoring on the team gets close to double the PP time per game.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I get the first part of your post, but I can’t stand the last part.
How many times are we going to continue to band that drum that no one will come here to play?
Last I checked, we are one of 32 teams on the entire planet that plays in the number 1 league in the world. When we talk like this we just perpetuate the narrative.

I think you need to rein it in a bit here. Lol
Hey i hate that talk too but unfortunately alot of players have Winnipeg on their no trade list. Now if we keep winning we might be able to get a Stastny type of player that wants a chance at winning in the playoffs ..:nod:

Reactions: Lions67

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Sucks to lose, but second half of a back-to-back and the Kraken are legit this season, so I don't see shame in the loss. Jets just didn't have a lot in the tank after the short turnaround and travel on the B2B.

I think the hate directed towards Rittich is a bit unfair. He didn't stand on his head, but he put in a solid backup net-minder performance. The team in front of him was just gassed. I did notice that two of the three goals went in over his head, so maybe the comment earlier about him playing too deep in his net has merit.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Id pull out samberg for heinola and for the love of God split up 5 and 4
I thought Samberg was pretty damn good out there, made some good heads up passes, and he's great on the PK. He's in it for the long haul, I'd say improving gradually. But I do think splitting up Dillon and Pionk isn't a bad idea, Especially if Heinola is drawing in the lineup.

Reactions: Huffer and Jet

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Rittich played well outside losing his net on that Eberle backhand, which was bar in. He did exactly what you need a cheap backup to do

Crystal Ball thinking, besides having Hellebuyck in wouldn't have made the team any less tired
The $1 million backup is a Jets fixture, as long as the Vezina calibre goalie is #1, people should get used to it.

I thought he was good enough to get a point. Seems like he was being scouted for giving up the top of the net, lots of shots trying to beat him high. After the Eberle goal all I could say was nice shot. There's not too many players who can roof a backhand, heck there's not many players who can get a quality shot on their backhand. Sometimes you have to tip your hat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad