Post-Game Talk: Krackheads 3 Tired Jets 2

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Pleasantly surprised we were in that one.

It's going to be a rough 3 or 4 weeks. It's not the number of injuries to our starting lineup that's the issue. It's not the length of those injuries, looking like 2, 3 or 4 weeks. It's not the ridiculous schedule either.

It's the number of injuries, the length of those injuries, and the ridiculous schedule all together.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
After playing last night, the Jets at least tried, but were beaten by the squids...

giphy.gif

The Prediction Contest for the game against the Senators has been posted and is ready for your guesses. Don't forget to sign up for a GDT! There are plenty still available, including the Ottawa game...

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
I was literally just telling my son that he needs to not lose the puck on the boards when taking a pass from the d-man. Then that happened. Thanks for providing an example, Perfetti. But I don't say that with malice. It happens.

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I forgot, we're supposed to go 82-0

Special thanks to all the posters in here reminding me that it's unacceptable to lose our 10th game in 17 days (on a west coast back to back)

I bet the boys checked in to the hotel in Seattle around 5:00am CST this morning (unless they chose to stay in Van and take the short flight today - which poses its own challenges).

You try that then work the next day and let me know how your productivity levels are

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Bad game all around. The third esp.

PLD was with a rough one, constantly missing passes, missing tip ins to prevent icings, you can tell from his body language when he has a bad game he starts doing things to make it worse.

Still could have managed to get a point out of this had they not completely combusted in the 3rd. Dillon wears the goat horns on this one for not being able to make a simple pass.

It's been only 2 games but I don't like Kuhlman on that line. Eyssimont should draw in at the expense of either Kuhlman or AJF.

Lowry line was the only line that seemed to have anything going.
I disagree greatly on PLD. From my view he generated a lot of chances and was in on both of the goals that the Jets did end up getting past Seattle.

I'm not sure how much stock I can put into the rest of your analysis when it feels like every single game you are calling out PLD, who is on route to a 40 goal & 90+ point season

GreenLine

May 24, 2021
That one stings a bit because despite all the injuries, it being a back to back and playing their backup goalie, it was a winnable game and they lost on a stupid mistake.

rittich doesnt belong in the nhl... plays way too deep in his net for a small goalie... chevy never should have signed him
Rittich is 6'3", which is average for an NHL goalie. His issue isn't size. It's that he's simply not as good of a goalie as Hellebuyck. Can't really blame him tonight though, he didn't steal the game but the team in front of him didn't help much.

Out of curiosity I looked it up: Sarros is the shortest starting goalie in the league this year at 5'11". Shesterkin, Binnington and Georgiev are the next shortest at 6'1"

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
The boys are at their best when they play fast and hard - they didn't have it in the tank to do that tonight.
Hard to fault them - they didn't make this f**kin' schedule.

Could be a rough week - we have a lot of things going against us right now -
Take out Ottawa and split the B2B is the absolute most one can hope for - save Helle for Washington - throw Dave to the wolves on Thursday (sorry Dave).

objectiveposter

Jan 29, 2011
That one stings a bit because despite all the injuries, it being a back to back and playing their backup goalie, it was a winnable game and they lost on a stupid mistake.

Rittich is 6'3", which is average for an NHL goalie. His issue isn't size. It's that he's simply not as good of a goalie as Hellebuyck. Can't really blame him tonight though, he didn't steal the game but the team in front of him didn't help much.

Out of curiosity I looked it up: Sarros is the shortest starting goalie in the league this year at 5'11". Shesterkin, Binnington and Georgiev are the next shortest at 6'1"
well he certainly doesnt play like hes 6'3.... he reminds me of comrie..just doesnt have a real intimidating presence... for a team with decent cap space it is alarming how often this team still goes after dollar store goalies and waiver wire pickups... yes some of those pickups have worked out....but why not use some of that cap space to acquire some proven talent instead of just crossing you fingers and hoping it works out? I can understand like a few years ago the the jets had no cap space... fair enough...but now they got plenty and yet chevy is still the stingiest gm in the league.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
well he certainly doesnt play like hes 6'3.... he reminds me of comrie..just doesnt have a real intimidating presence... for a team with decent cap space it is alarming how often this team still goes after dollar store goalies and waiver wire pickups... yes some of those pickups have worked out....but why not use some of that cap space to acquire some proven talent instead of just crossing you fingers and hoping it works out? I can understand like a few years ago the the jets had no cap space... fair enough...but now they got plenty and yet chevy is still the stingiest gm in the league.
I mean we all complained about brossoit, comrie and now Riddich when Chevy found them at the dollar store

So maybe he just knows our goalie coach can get the most out of a bargain

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
If i was a good goalie why would i sign in Winnipeg Helly is going to get 80% of the starts because he's one of the best in the NHL . Now throw in the pure fact that Winnipeg isn't high on players list to want to play and Chevy has one of the toughest GM jobs in the NHL.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
That’s very much a schedule loss. Unfortunate. NHL gets their way though

I suspected a loss due to Rittich starting and a brutal B2B. It's almost as if the NHL head office gave Seattle every chance they could...

Well, prediction contest points are my condolence prize.
Seattle and Vegas have the least number of B2B’s this year. I know schedule-making is tough, but I’m just saying.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I was impressed that the Jets managed to get 2 goals on 6 shots through a period and a half, on 2 PPs, but the rest of the game looked like a tired team struggling against a team that had its legs. Though Lowry's line showed something out there, especially in the 2nd period.

Probably could have earned a point if a simple d to d pass doesn't become a turnover. But that's a sure sign of fatigue. I don't think there's a need to scapegoat anyone after this game.

I wonder if Ville the Kid draws in for Ottawa, with the home ice matchup advantage. Capobianco made a hell of play to save a goal very early in the game. And he was the only one up to standing up for Cole Perfetti, who took a couple of shots in the back tonight. That will be an interesting choice given the PP was pretty successful, the 2nd PP maybe not, but they only got one shift.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Now I know that Capobianco has only had a cup of coffee so far with the Jets and his play has been not to bad. I wonder if he continues his play if this would be an opportunity to try to trade Schmidt and that contract of his. That's 5m in cap space that can be used elsewhere

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad