Value of: Kovalchuk confirms NHL return for next season-plans to play 5-6 more years

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
How he can sign with any other team, if im reading right all rights are in the Hands of the VGK. If the Info in the other Thread is right, so his right must be traded then from VGK to another Team.
So VGK will again get some Pick for the Kovalchuck comeback in the NHL: :D

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
How he can sign with any other team, if im reading right all rights are in the Hands of the VGK. If the Info in the other Thread is right, so his right must be traded then from VGK to another Team.
So VGK will again get some Pick for the Kovalchuck comeback in the NHL: :D

You're talking about Gusev sir, Kovy's rights as of right now belongs to NJD.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I am not interested in starting a Russian version of the Czechmates. What will we call it? The Borschtheads? The iron curtain? The young guys will come over when they are ready. We don't need Kovy to be putting pressure on them and RUSSIAN them along.
Badoom-pa!
Thank you. I'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip the waitress, try the veal!

SwissGrog

Oct 10, 2012
The only reason he’s returning is that he wants to join the Triple Gold club.

He’s only going to sign with a true contender

This. He wants the Cup.

Would be funny to see him in Pittsburgh with Malkin, maybe he signs for peanuts to make it happen. But I wouldn't rule Nashville out.

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
I suppose Crosby, Malkin or Brassard could use another running mate. NHLs version of the Golden State Warriors. Kind of.

Reactions: BlacknGold4life

Steve

Mar 6, 2002
I haven’t watched him play since he left the NHL but is he expected to be a top-6 player still or is he pretty much done?

He was a great player in his prime that’s for sure.

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
Happy to hear. Hell of a player and whoever signs him will be making a worthy investment.

Gotta be a sour taste for the Devils tho
Nope, not really. A couple of holdover fans still pine for him, but most have moved on. If he'd come back to NJ during his window last year for a sensible contract, fans would have been behind him; but that ship has sailed. I'll always appreciate his role in getting the Devils close to another cup in 2012 with a bad back, but getting out of that contract was clearly a boon to NJ.

I'd expect NJ to boo him lustily for the saga, in general, and especially if he signs with a close rival after not helping garner some assets last year; but that's more a knee-jerk reaction than anything meaningful.

Reactions: trufleshufle13

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
I haven’t watched him play since he left the NHL but is he expected to be a top-6 player still or is he pretty much done?

He was a great player in his prime that’s for sure.
He's better now than he was during his first 2 KHL years.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
With Kovie going to DC perhaps we have some collusion.
Then we would have solid proof of Russian collusion in DC.

Reactions: Arnusson

pfloyd75

Sep 17, 2008
Atlanta, GA
At this point in his career, I don't think that money is that big of an issue. The only thing that he probably wants is a legitimate shot at winning the Cup. I watched every game he played as a Thrasher aside from the odd road game that wasn't televised. Sure, he got excited and talked trash from time to time but I never got the impression that he had an attitude problem.. he also rounded into a pretty good Captain. AFAIK, he never had problems in the locker room either. Dude can obviously still score but probably still won't play much defense. Some team will give him a good contract for 2-3 years. I'm looking forward to him coming back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad