Recalled/Assigned: Klingberg Recalled Kane on IR

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
Makes sense given Maurice's talk about how it was important to have size on the wings, coupled with the whole thing about speed as a part of the teams identity.

Good for him for bringing himself back into the conversation with a solid season in the AHL so far!

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
I would imagine that this is a very important call up for 'Berg in that he is only recently making himself relevant again on the Jets depth chart, and with his ELC about to expire soon, he needs to show something to the decision makers and he needs to show it now. I'm really pulling for him. First rate attitude from all that we have heard over the years, reasonably big body with some finishing hands, and in an increasing willingness to play the body. McCambridge said a year or more back that once 'Berg comes to play a consistent, physical game only then will he put himself into a position to play in the show. That is his role, and I'm interested to see if he can do it.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Slot him with Schiefele and Wheeler instead of Thorbs?

I would like to see this. I also think that Tangradi would be a good fit alongside Scheifele and Wheeler. I think he has more offensive creativity than Thorbs.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I like that Klinger is being rewarded for playing the right way on the Rock this season.

Get well soon EK.

trouty

Oct 3, 2011
Funny when Albert got called up,prob hardest working icecap their were nothing but insults.Now one of the most inconsistent and lazy icecaps in the 2 plus years gets called up ur All happy.Klingberg is having a typical last yr of contract season,sure he's doing decent this year but he be back in Sweden next yr I dought the Icecaps even offer him a Ahl deal.Im happy thou now u will see how grid gut and not suited for pro he really is

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
I think it's just as a bit of insurance; I doubt he'll make the trip to Calgary this afternoon, and my hunch is either Kane or Seto will probably be healthy enough to play for Saturday. Maybe 50/50 Klingberg gets to play a game.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Funny when Albert got called up,prob hardest working icecap their were nothing but insults.Now one of the most inconsistent and lazy icecaps in the 2 plus years gets called up ur All happy.Klingberg is having a typical last yr of contract season,sure he's doing decent this year but he be back in Sweden next yr I dought the Icecaps even offer him a Ahl deal.Im happy thou now u will see how grid gut and not suited for pro he really is

There's not too many people here that think klingberg will get another contract.

Analyst365

Oct 24, 2011
Victoria

Interesting.

Probably down the fact that the entry draft is treated like the end-all-be-all by some nowadays. There is no way a player drafted in the 6th round will ever develop into a better professional than one drafted in the second. ;)

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com

Nobody had a problem with Albert - they had a problem with Albert getting the call instead of O'Dell.

O'Dell is already here.

Klingberg wasn't called up over him.

Thus, no indignation.

peg

Jul 8, 2010
I think it's just as a bit of insurance; I doubt he'll make the trip to Calgary this afternoon, and my hunch is either Kane or Seto will probably be healthy enough to play for Saturday. Maybe 50/50 Klingberg gets to play a game.

It will be interesting to see if Maurice will put in Klingberg ahead of Thorburn or Tangradi. Would Noel??

koth

Feb 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Meh. Klinberg has had his chances in the past to prove himself in an NHL lineup. He hasn't done it thus far. Much like Cormier, I don't hold out a lot of hope for him doing it this time either. I would have honestly rather seen J.C. Lipon get called up.

winterpeg

Sharp Dressed Man
Feb 20, 2013
Winnipeg
Interesting.

Probably down the fact that the entry draft is treated like the end-all-be-all by some nowadays. There is no way a player drafted in the 6th round will ever develop into a better professional than one drafted in the second. ;)

I recognize and acknowledge your sarcasm. (and appreciate it)

But I still need to make a comment about Datsyuk...

Yeah.

That's all.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Meh. Klinberg has had his chances in the past to prove himself in an NHL lineup. He hasn't done it thus far. Much like Cormier, I don't hold out a lot of hope for him doing it this time either. I would have honestly rather seen J.C. Lipon get called up.

The Jets need to decide if Klinger is worth another contract.

There is no real rush with J.C., plus big AHL minutes will benefit him more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad