Not open for further replies.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Karlsson
Doughty
Pietrangelo
Klingberg

One of these things is not like the other...

Well only one of those players has a Cup ring, so yeah. Doughty stands alone.

Or were you looking at their level of production?

Career points per game:

Karlsson 0.79
Klingberg 0.68
Pietrangelo 0.59
Doughty 0.56

Hey look at that, Karlsson way ahead of the others.

Wait what were we talking about?

• Haha
Reactions: Recipe Unlimited

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Well only one of those players has a Cup ring, so yeah. Doughty stands alone.

Or were you looking at their level of production?

Career points per game:

Karlsson 0.79
Klingberg 0.68
Pietrangelo 0.59
Doughty 0.56

Hey look at that, Karlsson way ahead of the others.

Wait what were we talking about?
Pietrangelo also has a cup ring there bud. Also has some decent Norris finishes to go with Doughty and Karlsson’s Norris voting records. Also those 3 are all legit #1 all situations dmen (or at least were when they signed those contracts).

Career points per game? Lol ok then.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Pietrangelo also has a cup ring there bud. Also has some decent Norris finishes to go with Doughty and Karlsson’s Norris voting records. Also those 3 are all legit #1 all situations dmen.

Career points per game? Lol ok then.

Whoops, you're right, I totally forgot about that run with the Blues.

Guess these last two seasons in Vegas really removed some of that shine off him. :dunno:

I still feel like Klingberg, the youngest of your group, is a top-pairing blueliner and should fare better wherever he ends up. Might even get a "decent Norris finish" or two.

And hey, if he doesn't get a 7-year deal so be it.

• Haha
Reactions: Recipe Unlimited

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Wishful thinking from your side in such case. You can have it if you want, nevertheless makes it no more real.
I think we have had enough cases lately blown up in the media lately and rightfully so that show hockey players and entitlement views is no less than among what happens with athletes in other sports.

Most been around cruelty to people but recently also a player who made a list of tax heaven areas where it would be only those spots he would be traded to. Another case is where you have a couple of guys who don't want to stay through a rebuild. So, there is plenty of that in hockey as well.
You think the players just go on their own and make lists of tax havens? Not the agents to present the players? Few vets who get the option of choice choose a rebuild, that’s a different topic altogether. You’ve not spent much time around these guys and there’s nothing wrong with that. We’re agreeing to disagree man. I know it’s not wishful thinking but it’s a waste of time for either of us to try to convince the other obviously. Moving on.

Last edited:

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
You think the players just go on their own and make lists of tax havens? Not the agents to present the players? Few vets who get the option of choice choose a rebuild, that’s a different topic altogether. You’ve not spent much time around these guys and there’s nothing wrong with that. We’re agreeing to disagree man. I know it’s not wishful thinking but it’s a waste of time for either of us to try to convince the other obviously. Moving on.

I'm sorry but did the player or the agent select "I'm only going to these places"?
So you can just stop at the attempt of passive condescending attitude of like you know it all.
Players can use google too even if you don't. Players can say "where do I pay the least amount of tax?".
The agent did not select these as the only places he would play, the player did.
So you can try and make the agents the big bad villains all you want, but it's the players choice.

And conveniently you just picked the one option that was closest to fit your narrative. Whether they get the option or not and choose rebuild is irrelevant all the time they feel entitled to play for a contender. Now I'm not disagreeing with the view, but it still is what it is.

You gonna discuss the other cases as well about sexual assault and so on, or you gonna pretend you are all NHL'ers best friend and agents are the root of all problems when it comes to offers and opportunities.

I don't need to agree with you as you don't seem to understand reality.

Either way, now Klingberg understood he cannot get the offer he wants long term, he signed a good short term deal for himself. Most likely if he plays well he will get a 3 or maybe 4 year deal at most next summer, or he gonna have to keep signing short term deals, which will be a bigger risk, but probably benefit him money wise. But hey, he's not greedy right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad