Kitchener Rangers 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

K2

Jun 11, 2015
With the 15th overall pick, the Kitchener Rangers select ... ?

2024 OHL Priority Selection First Round Order of Selection:

1. Windsor Spitfires
  2. Sarnia Sting
  3. Peterborough Petes
  4. Niagara IceDogs
  5. Barrie Colts
  6. Flint Firebirds
  7. Owen Sound Attack
  8. Kingston Frontenacs
  9. Guelph Storm
  10. Erie Otters
  11. Ottawa 67’s
  12. Sudbury Wolves
  13. Mississauga Steelheads
  14. Brantford Bulldogs
  15. Kitchener Rangers
  16. North Bay Battalion
  17. Oshawa Generals
  18. Soo Greyhounds
  19. Saginaw Spirit
  20. London Knights
  21. Ottawa 67’s*
*indicates compensatory pick

Jives

Jan 6, 2018
I have a feeling Rangers will get a top 10 player at 15 who is a maybe on NCAA. Seems like half the Vaughan team is playing the NCAA game. Rangers get a stud at 15th. My prediction.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
D
Does anyone know if any of these players will be USDP or College committed? At this point I don't think we need another Hage.
If you follow the priority draft you can pick up a few didbits on players committing to US schools and such. One is going to the BCHL apparently.

Wrong thread
Right thread wrong Pops. 🤪

D
Does anyone know if any of these players will be USDP or College committed? At this point I don't think we need another Hage.
Hage is supposedly going to Chicago Steel in the footprints of his brother. Rangers won't go there.

Reactions: Rangers True Blue

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
New profile pic.... was a first round NHL pick and he may have challenged a fellow Nova Scotian for the hardest shot ever for the Rangers.
Unfortunately he passed away in the early 2000s

Last edited:
Reactions: K2

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
D
Will be a really interesting draft. First year the OHL is competing with the USHL and BCHL for players
Jude Bray BCHL
Beckham Edwards USHL
Callum croskery USHL
Jet Kwajah USHL
Nyman BCHL
Hage USHL
Are all confirmed to be signed elsewhere
Caleb Malhotra is still deciding but has offers based on a recent Toronto star interview.
There will be more that are not announced yet.

*Beckham Edwards would be my pick for a Rangers flyer pick.

Last edited:

KRangersRookie

Jan 6, 2024
Will be a really interesting draft. First year the OHL is competing with the USHL and BCHL for players
Jude Bray BCHL
Beckham Edwards USHL
Callum croskery USHL
Jet Kwajah USHL
Nyman BCHL
Hage USHL
Caleb Malhotra is still deciding but has offers based on a recent Toronto star interview.

*Beckham Edwards would be my pick for a Rangers flyer pi
Like I said a few days back if my children were of OHL draft age with the way the league is being run the last few years I'd 100% be pushing the best NCAA path available to them. The OHL is just way to inconsistent and not transparent for my liking and I really hope the next commissioner can start righting the ship.

OnlyUpFromHere49

Jun 6, 2023
Jude Bray BCHL
Beckham Edwards USHL
Callum croskery USHL
Jet Kwajah USHL
Nyman BCHL
Hage USHL

*Beckham Edwards would be my pick for a Rangers flyer pick.
Beckham Edwards is definitely my pick for “signing this tender just in case but I’m likely going to the OHL depending who takes me” this year

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Like I said a few days back if my children were of OHL draft age with the way the league is being run the last few years I'd 100% be pushing the best NCAA path available to them. The OHL is just way to inconsistent and not transparent for my liking and I really hope the next commissioner can start righting the ship.
I certainly don't know how the NCAA is run in any way or form to garner on opinion. I'm fine with the OHL. Better the devil you know than the one you don't. If players want to go another route more power to them. Some highly skilled players and parents pass the message that they are going that route when they have no intention. The players drafted later don't have the option because the franchises could care less. Personally unless the Rangers are positive a player will commit stay the course and stay away from flyers. I am sure if the NCAA was more attractive all the skilled players from Ontario would be heading in that direction.

Reactions: Rangers True Blue

JRHockeyBUZZZ

Mar 28, 2024
Happy First Day of playoffs!
Kitchener Rangers (4) Taking on Erie Otters (5) Game 1 Friday Night 7:00 At the Aud.

Rangers are entering the post season being lead by 50 goal scorer and Kraken draft pick. Carson Rehkopf. the Kraken prospect finished the regular season with 95 points in 60 game played. Another highly touted prospect this time of the Flames Hunter Brzustewicz comes in as perhaps the favourite to take him the OHL's D-Man of the year. The Recently acquired Flames prospect finished the year with 92 Points in 67GP. Overage forward and Kitchener's own Matthew Sop looks to continue his childhood dream playing for the Rangers and bring a championship back to the Aud. In between the pipes will be 19 year old Jackson Parsons. He is looking to build off a terrific season in which he posted a record of 27-18-2 with an .897 Save% - In the 2022 playoffs Parsons took his game to another level posting a .928 Save% so we will be looking to Parsons to be a big game goalie and improve on an already great season.

On the other end of the ice we will have the Otters lead by 04 born Pano Fimis who lead the Otters with 76 Points. Carey Terrance the Ducks prospect looks to improve on an almost PPG season by driving the Otters into 2nd round appearance. Slovak born Molnar & Misak (CHI) look to continue their productive seasons coming into a round one date with the Blue shirts. In what was likely the craziest of seasons in goal for any OHL club (Ignoring Connor Crisp) the Otters had 8 different goalies play at least one game for them. in What is also one of the craziest stories of the season they have found stability with Overage rookie & former Firebirds U18 2nd Round Pick Ethan Fraser. Fraser who was playing with the Lindsay Muskies in the Ontario Jr Hockey League (OJHL). Fraser posted a record of 22-18-2 before getting the call from Otters GM Dave Brown and heading to Pennsylvania to backstop the Otters. Since getting to Erie Fraser has posted a record of 6-1-1 with a Save% of .904 & 1 Shutout.

I think this series is going to be a fun back & forth match-up Similar to the season series (Rangers 4-1-1) (Otters 2-3-1)
with home ice playing a huge factor as both the Aud & EIA are 2 of the best atmospheres in the league.

I give a slight edge to the Rangers & their depth but with that being said can Fraser & the Otters continue and complete a cinderella story!?

My prediction is Otters in 7

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
If my kid was a dman I'd definitely be leaning towards the NCAA. Most of the top dmen in the NHL are either US college or Euro trained. Admittedly not a clue why that's the case.

Reactions: East Avenue Bully

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Hmmm, Namestikov hits Beck w a borderline blindside hit and takes him out of the SSM Guelph game, scrum ensues. SSM gets a 4 min double minor, Guelph up 1-0.

Beck hasn't returned.

Oddly deja vu.
Watched the game and thought the same. Once again, no penalty whatsoever. Nada. Advantage Guelph.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
For me, tonight's game will indicate whether the Rangers truly intend to take this series and move on. A message needs to be sent loud and clear with no let up through 60. GO RANGERS!

Reactions: RB76
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad