Kitchener Rangers 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Possibility Rangers play Erie. If the Storm lose in regulation to the Knights. Rangers lost last 2 playing the Storm and last 4 in a row. Lost in Erie last night. Pick your poison. Both opposing teams on win streaks. All we can hope is MM has a plan and the team has been playing possum.
A quote from that infamous boxing philosopher Mike Tyson. " Everyone has a great plan until they get punched in the mouth".

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Possibility Rangers play Erie. If the Storm lose in regulation to the Knights. Rangers lost last 2 playing the Storm and last 4 in a row. Lost in Erie last night. Pick your poison. Both opposing teams on win streaks. All we can hope is MM has a plan and the team has been playing possum.
A quote from that infamous boxing philosopher Mike Tyson. " Everyone has a great plan until they get punched in the mouth".
And it’s looking more and more like the Rangers will get punched in the mouth in round one.

That punch in the mouth may come in the form of an early exit or in the form of a gruelling first round where they’ll advance, but be out of gas for the second round.

Reactions: All the Answers

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
And it’s looking more and more like the Rangers will get punched in the mouth in round one.

That punch in the mouth may come in the form of an early exit or in the form of a gruelling first round where they’ll advance, but be out of gas for the second round.
Fixter said the elephant in the room isn't just all the loses. It's a lack of scoring. Last night they were getting out shot double at one point. Razor seems to disappear in some games where the opponent plays on the edge. I guess him and Sop get more attention. Teams they have been playing all have something to play for also.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
Fixter said the elephant in the room isn't just all the loses. It's a lack of scoring. Last night they were getting out shot double at one point. Razor seems to disappear in some games where the opponent plays on the edge. I guess him and Sop get more attention. Teams they have been playing all have something to play for also.
Mesar and Sale have been held pointless in 6 of their last 10 games. That's not going to cut it in the playoffs.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Mesar and Sale have been held pointless in 6 of their last 10 games. That's not going to cut it in the playoffs.
Not sure what is going on. Couple games they all looked like world beaters. Then the offense dried up. Rangers really have issues with their break out also. A lot of lateral passes behind the blue line. Not sure if they react too slow coming out. Never get that first clean pass without being pressured by opposing forwards in our end. It causes a lot of turn overs. You can see it every game but coaches seem fine with the break out.

East Avenue Bully

Jan 9, 2020
Rangers really have issues with their break out also. A lot of lateral passes behind the blue line. Not sure if they react too slow coming out. Never get that first clean pass without being pressured by opposing forwards in our end. It causes a lot of turn overs.
I suspect that's opposing teams/coaches catching on to how the Rangers setup and break out and adjusting to clog up passing options and up forecheck pressure, not giving the D much time for a clean break out pass.

Now Jussi and the brain trust need to figure out a counter and execute for Round 1.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Full lineup of healthy players (Gazizov, Sim out--injured).
No surprise. A Guelph loss means a Ranger / Otter first round which means a battered 2nd round opponent for the Knights.

I know London isn’t worried about who they play in round two, but the easier matchup the better for London to set them up for some rest before round three.

Reactions: nelli27

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
Mesar has 8 points in his last 10. Sale has 10. You thinking of someone else?

Let me jump in here. I have Mesar with 7 in the last 10 and Sally with 10. Correct Mesar pointless in 6 out of 10 but Sally 5 out of 10.

HOWEVER, both are zero's in their last 4, and the last 5 out of 6. If you take away that blow out against Owen Sound, they each have a point in their last 6. Might I also point out that in that blow out against FLINT, they each only had a point. This is not a good thing.

RB76

Aug 22, 2023
Boys are up against it at the moment. Should be a real test for the team and the coaching staff to be ready come Friday night.

Reactions: East Avenue Bully

LostRangers

Feb 1, 2023
Let me jump in here. I have Mesar with 7 in the last 10 and Sally with 10. Correct Mesar pointless in 6 out of 10 but Sally 5 out of 10.

HOWEVER, both are zero's in their last 4, and the last 5 out of 6. If you take away that blow out against Owen Sound, they each have a point in their last 6. Might I also point out that in that blow out against FLINT, they each only had a point. This is not a good thing.
I can spin those numbers for every player on this team over the last 20 games. Why these two? I don’t care who it is, but without the skill or desire to get to the difficult areas on the ice, this team is out in the first round.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
I can spin those numbers for every player on this team over the last 20 games. Why these two? I don’t care who it is, but without the skill or desire to get to the difficult areas on the ice, this team is out in the first round.
These two are depended on to put up numbers being on the top two lines. It's the same on every team. Top two lines have to contribute especially on a midpack team like the Rangers. After those lines the pickings are slim to none.
Rangers aren't the Knights who have 20 goal scores peppered through out the whole squad. They win and lose by the offense or lack there of by the top two lines. One or two of those skilled forwards has to step up in the playoffs or you are correct. They could go out in round one.

Last edited:
Reactions: rangersblues
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: