Kitchener Rangers 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Watched some of last night's contest in Guelph. They have to be considered a threat to the Rangers in the playoffs. They out played the Attack for the better part of game. Capitalized on their opportunities.
Rangers have issues with hard forechecks. Hope they are watching lots of video on how to break out quicker. Get that first pass out of their end instead of 3 to get to the blue line. The Storm seem to be putting their game together at the right time of the season.

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
Reid out for last 2 games. Precautionary? Perhaps. Status unknown for playoffs. Max got away with enough interference (not penalized) that caused injury,and Swick got the book thrown at him.

We all know Burchell is brutal. So is this league.
And still no word of an appeal. "We're the Kitchener Rangers. We'll play nice no matter how much it works against us."

digicamo

Mar 31, 2023
And still no word of an appeal. "We're the Kitchener Rangers. We'll play nice no matter how much it works against us."
Reid is actually hurt and the officiating was brutal but that's hockey and it sucks for us but I'm not sure what an appeal would do. I hate to say it but what Swick did is exactly what the league is trying to get rid of. If things went sideways and he would've KO'd him like Bertuzzi did back in the day it would've warranted a lengthy suspension. I love seeing him stick up for the rookie but although it was interference, it was a quick play and Reid did hop up so I don't mind the non-call. If Reid hadn't left the game no one would have cared and as mentioned by others here there are other ways to get your pound of flesh with a lot of time left in the game.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Reeks of Steve B’s “high road”. I guess his successors have picked up the baton.
Wonder what the blue print looks like when the Ranger staff is preparing for the draft. What kind of player they look at. Is it the best player available when the turn comes up? The Brantford GM said he looks for character type players. One scout said he likes to focus on how a player plays away from the puck as apposed to when it's on his stick. No team wins championships on finesse alone. Nice to see some grit infused once in a while.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
If it wasn't for the Sudbury bounty suspension, I don't believe there's any grounds for appeal. But that decision opens up everything imo.

I'm sure there have been other cases of bounties in sports. But the one that immediately comes to mind is the New Orleans Saints. Sean Payton (Head Coach) suspended for a season. Greg Williams (Defensive Coordinator) suspended indefinitely. Turned out to be one season. There were 4 players suspended for various amounts including one for an entire season. NOW the OHL, a league that supposedly protects it's players, reduces a suspension from playoff games to virtually meaningless regular season games at the beginning of the season. C'mon man!

Mar 12, 2009
Reeks of Steve B’s “high road”. I guess his successors have picked up the baton.
I don't think Swick does that under old team rules. Maybe it's wishfull thinking, but I feel like there MIGHT be change with Ahokas, but I also have a bad feeling it's going to take several years to shed that and grow into something else.

Reactions: rangersblues

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Not a fan of his opnions?? 😀
Farwell or the Fixter?🤓 I don't mind listening to them on the radio talking hockey. Fans really don't have a lot of real sources to get tidbits if our media guys don't ask questions. I don't listen to Farwell on his daily talk show. Not everyone agrees with his opinions and he has the ability to hang up on them. That's a story for another kind of social media.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Farwell or the Fixter?🤓 I don't mind listening to them on the radio talking hockey. Fans really don't have a lot of real sources to get tidbits if our media guys don't ask questions. I don't listen to Farwell on his daily talk show. Not everyone agrees with his opinions and he has the ability to hang up on them. That's a story for another kind of social media.
Credit where credit is due. Farwell / Fixter is a huge step up from Farwell / Pope.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
Sally not playing tonight?..........

Rehkopf-Sop-Misaljevic
Ellinas-Romano-Mesar
Bottineau-Mercer-Pugliese
X-Stark-Lam

Andonovski-Brzustewicz
Dirracolo-Motew
Savard-Campbell

Parsons
Interesting that they're going with a short lineup. I'd think there would be players available whose season is over.

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020
Heard at the rink sprained thumb on Reid. Other hand from break earlier. Reliability of source dubious at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad