Kitchener Rangers 2022-23 Off-Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBlueMonster

Sep 14, 2022
Was this aimed at me, if so, point out where I said anything close to what you said? Most I ever brought in on occasion is a bottle of water in which I carried in my hand.
I understand how fans with families need to save money anyway they can nowadays. A family of four spends over 100 on tickets and due to time restraints, all may not had time for dinner at home and can't afford probably another 40 plus on food.

Yeah, I am not sure why some are choosing to got to bat for the big corporation that needs to make money.

Complaining about the New/ish policy is valid. Thinking about the parents that have kids, or type 1 diabetics that have that coke or mr big on hand, the people tossing out thousands (2 adults seasons tickets and 2 kids seasons tickets is just shy of 3K I believe)

It's a dumb rule and just because it's elsewhere in the league doesn't make it any less dumb.

I pay for the hockey, I pay for the seats, I should be allowed to have a bottle of water or a can of coke that I brought.

Had the aud concessions not cheapen out on everything and raised the prices, maybe people would be inclined to buy stuff but nobody wants a burger from a heated drawer that was made at 530, or a slice of pizza that has little to no taste. Or a fountain pop that costs 6 bucks. One thing that has always bugged me is they have nothing to help you carry food for 4. Ask for a box and they don't have any.

I miss when we had that little sandwich shop in the front many years ago, at least there you could get something a little better.

I am with the fans that are upset about it. It never seamed like it was being abused but 100% this is being done because the 43 billion dollar company that run these concessions know they can hold you and your wallet hostage.

I pay almost $2000 for my tickets. I buy my kids new stuff at the beginning of the year. I contribute to many of the fundraisers. It's bullshit if you ask me.

TheBlueMonster

Sep 14, 2022
The new earlier start time gives those families even less time to prep for games.

But I’m with you, let’s talk Hockey.

I am starting to warm up to the new times, but after going to games at 730 for the last 25 years or so its a bit strange. Getting out a little earlier is a bonus but as someone who will give away or donate a few games a season so I can watch from home and follow the league, it sucks that eeveryone will essentially be starting at the same time.

Luckily for me I work in the same area I live in. So it works out but for someone who works off northfield and lives in cambridge or sportsworld, that extra half hour means the world.

OnlyUpFromHere49

Jun 6, 2023
Hunter Brzustewicz sent back to the team earlier today.

Just leaves Andonovski, Hamara and Rehkopf at NHL camps… guessing they’ll all be back from Friday.

Hamara and Rehkopf each playing in exhibition games tonight!

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
OHL released some Media power ranking system today. Rangers are projected to miss the playoffs which most of us expected. Lottery pick would be great as I believe the last one was Mascherin. We also hold Erie 2nd rounder so hopefully they miss too.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
OHL released some Media power ranking system today. Rangers are projected to miss the playoffs which most of us expected. Lottery pick would be great as I believe the last one was Mascherin. We also hold Erie 2nd rounder so hopefully they miss too.
It's like the CHL's top 10. We'll see.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Hamara was in the Ottawa lineup last night vs. the Leafs. No Ando.

Rehkopf had a PP assist in Kraken's game against Calgary!

1695732779481.png

The video on TSN wouldn't play for some reason but look who's in this pic....

1695732139799.png

Last edited:

OhSheilaa

Sep 18, 2022
Yeah, I am not sure why some are choosing to got to bat for the big corporation that needs to make money.

Complaining about the New/ish policy is valid. Thinking about the parents that have kids, or type 1 diabetics that have that coke or mr big on hand, the people tossing out thousands (2 adults seasons tickets and 2 kids seasons tickets is just shy of 3K I believe)

It's a dumb rule and just because it's elsewhere in the league doesn't make it any less dumb.

I pay for the hockey, I pay for the seats, I should be allowed to have a bottle of water or a can of coke that I brought.

Had the aud concessions not cheapen out on everything and raised the prices, maybe people would be inclined to buy stuff but nobody wants a burger from a heated drawer that was made at 530, or a slice of pizza that has little to no taste. Or a fountain pop that costs 6 bucks. One thing that has always bugged me is they have nothing to help you carry food for 4. Ask for a box and they don't have any.

I miss when we had that little sandwich shop in the front many years ago, at least there you could get something a little better.

I am with the fans that are upset about it. It never seamed like it was being abused but 100% this is being done because the 43 billion dollar company that run these concessions know they can hold you and your wallet hostage.

I pay almost $2000 for my tickets. I buy my kids new stuff at the beginning of the year. I contribute to many of the fundraisers. It's bullshit if you ask me.
It's not a Rangers decision it's an Auditorium decision that is the same at every major arena in every major city.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Our last four top four picks:

Adam Mascherin.
Ryan Murphy.
Micheal Richards.
Steve Eminger.

I don’t mind missing the playoffs one bit.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Luckily for me I work in the same area I live in. So it works out but for someone who works off northfield and lives in cambridge or sportsworld, that extra half hour means the world.

I live about an hour’s drive from the Aud. Getting to 7pm games on Tuesday night was a near impossibility. Now with these 7pm starts on Friday nights, my attendance at Friday night home games with be minimal to nil.

Thanks.

Gondrex

Apr 10, 2017

Our last four top four picks:

Adam Mascherin.
Ryan Murphy.
Micheal Richards.
Steve Eminger.

I don’t mind missing the playoffs one bit.

There will definitely be some of us keeping one eye on the 2008's as the hockey season progresses.

For instance, Braidy Wassilyn, the highly touted forward playing for the Markham Majors and who was also recently mentioned on this board had scored 5 goals in his first game of the schedule. German Spitfire gives a nice overview (as always) on this kid here....

2008 Born for the 2024 OHL Draft

Alex McLean is another name that caught my attention. He broke Ryan Roobroeck’s scoring record by 8 points at the World Selects Invitational tournament south of the border this past summer.

Those are the names of just two potentially outstanding players available in the next draft.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
My fears are always when you draft those top of the draft picks are that the player turns out to being so good that they make the NHL at 18 or 19 years old. Thus losing a year or two of service to the Rangers.

Landeskog and Skinner

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
My fears are always when you draft those top of the draft picks are that the player turns out to being so good that they make the NHL at 18 or 19 years old. Thus losing a year or two of service to the Rangers.

Landeskog and Skinner
For every Skinner, who wasn’t a top pick, you have the four guys I mentioned who played four years here. The 04-05 lockout notwithstanding.

Reactions: rangersblues

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
There will definitely be some of us keeping one eye on the 2008's as the hockey season progresses.

For instance, Braidy Wassilyn, the highly touted forward playing for the Markham Majors and who was also recently mentioned on this board had scored 5 goals in his first game of the schedule. German Spitfire gives a nice overview (as always) on this kid here....

2008 Born for the 2024 OHL Draft

Alex McLean is another name that caught my attention. He broke Ryan Roobroeck’s scoring record by 8 points at the World Selects Invitational tournament south of the border this past summer.

Those are the names of just two potentially outstanding players available in the next draft.
Wassilyn feels like a NCAA player. Has a perfect blend of offence and size, someone I’d enjoy to watch on this team.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
For every Skinner, who wasn’t a top pick, you have the four guys I mentioned who played four years here. The 04-05 lockout notwithstanding.
Coincidentally (or maybe not) those were the last really good teams that the core was built from the draft. I'll take my chances drafting what is viewed as best player that will report every time 😁

Last edited:

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Rehkopf returns and that means FULL LINEUP for this Friday's opening.

Nothing like taking on Saginaw who, according to the OHL "power rankings", are #2 going into this season. There's no doubt that they will be a force to be reckoned with. The young Rangers are about to get a glimpse of the mountain they will need to climb in the next couple of years.

Saying this, IF the OHL had a power ranking for defense only, Rangers should appear nearer to the top of the list. With limited viewing, Parsons looked good to go and will have his hands full this season.

Ahokas has two solid assistants who will help him design game plans as they move along this season. And dare I say, make tactical adjustments during individual games when their game plan isn't working as expected. The harder they work - the harder the team will respond.

Here's hoping for competitive games where the Rangers show no quit no matter how much they are bombarded by the older, more seasoned teams. Development starts this Friday. GO RANGERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad