Kitchener Rangers 2016-17 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
LoneRanger on Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:21 am

Spits called today inquiring about Bracco...Spits offering Luke Boka and several draft picks (apparently 2-2nds,2-3rds and a 5th)...Heibert asked for Gabriel Vilardi but the Spits said no way,Vilardi isn't available...Talks with the Spits are now dead.

This just posted on the rangersrush board. LoneRanger is usually spot on with his info.

Personally, I don't believe there's any way the Spits can move Vilardi. He's too big a part of this year's team. I believe that Heibert will demand a bigger package for Bracco than what the Petes gave up for Korostelev (and so he should).

I wonder if WR/Hiebert would agree on the deal below that I posted earlier on the Windsor board? I can make the argument that DiPietro holds more value than Vilardi when you consider Vilardi may graduate to the NHL as an underager next year or the year after while Dipetro will certainly play in this league the next 2.5 seasons and would solve our goaltending ??? after this year.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Rymsha doesn't move the needle because that isn't what the Spits need. Yes they need a finisher and probably Bracco fits the bill you still need to find the assets. He probably has stolen a game here or there because the Spits don't create a lot of opportunities. For instance that defense against Kitchener both their goals were in great scoring areas. I like DiPietro but Timpano/Parsons have also been great this year and I think the Spits "advantage" in net isn't as great against those teams.

My reply to the above post by RayzorIsDull:

Then, dare I say, you entertain a deal for a veteran goalie where DiPietro goes the other way?

The goalie would have to be a veteran, proven goalie - likely in his last year of eligibility so the price isn't that high.

Opilka in Kitchener was lights out last year up until his illness and subsequent hip surgery. The hip is now 100% again and he has returned to his excellent play. He has been money in the bank since returning. You guys saw that last week. He is a 19 year old NHL drafted goalie. He'd have likely been invited to the WJC camp again for the US, as he was last year, had he been ready to go from the injury.

I know DiPietro is a big piece of the team right now but if WR is to make a splash at the deadline, moving DiPietro would be a little easier than moving Vilardi to improve your team - especially if you're getting Opilka in return.

And since DiPietro would be a more valuable piece than Opilka due to age, maybe a blockbuster can be put together where Opilka and Bracco go to Windsor with DiPietro and another couple young players along with pick(s) go back to the Rangers.

How would this sound:

To Win: Opilka and Bracco
To Kit; DiPietro, Boka, Nother, 2nd '17 (Nia), 4th '17 (Kin), 2nd '23, 3rd '23

Just throwing it out there. WR has to pull a rabbit out of his hat somehow. This may be the only way a Bracco finds his way to Windsor.

Based on the Pete/Sar deal, I know the Rangers would likely get more value if they split up Opilka and Bracco and dealt them separately but let's say we are handcuffed by Bracco's NTC so we have to get what we can get.

If not Opilka, then McNiven may be had from OS?

ORYX

Mar 2, 2008
I'd book one of Hora or DiPerna to the Soo. Doubt Soo is in on any marquee forwards. They get one back in Blake Speers shortly.

Bracco will not remain a Ranger, I've never been more sure of that. Some on here have mentioned Mississauga, and that is what I am hearing as well, that a deal is in place for when the WJC ends.

High risk move for Missy if true, given their current position in the standings, and having a difficult road to the conference final, let alone league final.

Where ever he goes, I hope it returns an A level 1st/2nd year player and a boat load of draft picks.

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
I'd book one of Hora or DiPerna to the Soo. Doubt Soo is in on any marquee forwards. They get one back in Blake Speers shortly.

I could see this as a realistic move by Raftis if the price for Desrocher or Vande Sompel are too high. Probably wouldn't cost very much, maybe a draft pick or two...Di Perna would be the better of the two IMO

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
I could see this as a realistic move by Raftis if the price for Desrocher or Vande Sompel are too high. Probably wouldn't cost very much, maybe a draft pick or two...Di Perna would be the better of the two IMO
Even though DiPerna brings more offence I suspect most Rangers fans has Hora as the better defenceman. But it's all about SSM needs for a defenceman.

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Even though DiPerna brings more offence I suspect most Rangers fans has Hora as the better defenceman. But it's all about SSM needs for a defenceman.

I'm going simply based off stats....I know Raftis is seeking a strong backend defenseman who isn't afraid to jump into a rush and plays the puck well on the PP; Ideally another DeAngelo type player would be nice...

Mar 12, 2009
Does Erie still have an open OA slot? I know there assets are down, but from what I've read it sounds like if they add another piece it would be a defenseman. DiPerna/Hora could be a good fit, considering their limited assets I'd say DiPerna since he would probably return less.

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Does Erie still have an open OA slot? I know there assets are down, but from what I've read it sounds like if they add another piece it would be a defenseman. DiPerna/Hora could be a good fit, considering their limited assets I'd say DiPerna since he would probably return less.

Erie filled their last slot by trading for Foegele.....they have Foegele, D. Raddysh and Pettit as their three OAs

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009

Nope. Foegele from Kingston filled the last spot.

I think if we move an OA D-man, it may have to be to the Soo.

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario

Bracco will not remain a Ranger, I've never been more sure of that. Some on here have mentioned Mississauga, and that is what I am hearing as well, that a deal is in place for when the WJC ends.

High risk move for Missy if true, given their current position in the standings, and having a difficult road to the conference final, let alone league final.

Where ever he goes, I hope it returns an A level 1st/2nd year player and a boat load of draft picks.

What does Mississauga have that the Rangers could get other than draft picks?

They wont give up any 99's. Only ones they have are Tippett, R McLeod.

Scoley Dow, Aidan McFarland and Jeremy Goodwin are the other but are far below average players.

They don't have any 2000's and even if they did they can't trade them.

He's not going there. If in fact MH did reject the windsor proposal that involved Luke Boka as the player coming back to kitchener with picks, then he would 100% reject any trade from missy that doesn't involve one of tippett or R Mc as Luke Boka is far better than Dow, McFarland and Goodwin and possibly just as good as Ryan McLeod.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007

Scoley Dow, Aidan McFarland and Jeremy Goodwin are the other but are far below average players.

He's not going there. If in fact MH did reject the windsor proposal that involved Luke Boka as the player coming back to kitchener with picks, then he would 100% reject any trade from missy that doesn't involve one of tippett or R Mc as Luke Boka is far better than Dow, McFarland and Goodwin and possibly just as good as Ryan McLeod.

first player I thought of was Nic Hague!
But nothing wrong in getting a boatload of picks.

h10*

Jan 12, 2011

McLeod is a better get than Boka. Would be a slight stretch to even say they are equal. I think McLeod has more potential to be that elite top 6 guy over Boka

But Hague is definitely a good one

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
One thing people have to think about is the player that is being discussed in trades. First he has to give up his NTC. Second he will only do so to go to a preferred team of his choice. Some NHL drafted players have other priorities in mind other than a run at a Mem Cup. It could handcuff a team as far as getting the proper value but it is what it is. Love to have Ryan McLeod or KW boy Hague here. As Larry the Cable Guy says" Getter done":)

Last edited:

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
McLeod is a better get than Boka. Would be a slight stretch to even say they are equal. I think McLeod has more potential to be that elite top 6 guy over Boka

But Hague is definitely a good one

Only argument ill make is Boka has put up around the same amount of points with significantly less PP time than Ryan McLeod. Could be the guys they play with.

McLeod is a very interesting prospect. And will likely be better. Both will be good players but i'd say right now the gap between is slightly thin. IMO

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
Big time Seb.

I figured if you where going to unload a player like Bracco, you'd want more years out of the player you get. Better for the long term but this team does need immediate help on the back end. I guess you could add Hague to the list. And i'm sure out of their big young prospects, he'd probably be the most likely to get dealt.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I wouldn't be satisfied with Hague instead of a 2000/1999 elite player. No way!! I don't care where his hometown is. There'd have to be a bunch of extra 2nds and 3rds sent too to make it comparable to a possible deal with London or Erie (Foudy / McShane plus two 2nds and two 3rds).

According to the reconfigured draft pick database, on this side of 2020, Missy has three 2nd rounders, one 3rd rounder, and two 4th rounders. I want them all and maybe more if Nic Hague is the skater coming to the Rangers.

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
Nic Hague wouldn't be coming back. Anyone that significantly detracts from a roster lessens the impact of the move, and someone losing someone like Hague would make it too much of something resembling a sideways step.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Nic Hague wouldn't be coming back. Anyone that significantly detracts from a roster lessens the impact of the move, and someone losing someone like Hague would make it too much of something resembling a sideways step.

Mach not many D make the NHL right away. Your right. He is too important. Doubt the Trout would trade him anyway. Just spit balling like everyone else. I think Seb is correct about wanting a player that will be here for a couple of years.

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
Mach not many D make the NHL right away. Your right. He is too important. Doubt the Trout would trade him anyway. Just spit balling like everyone else. I think Seb is correct about wanting a player that will be here for a couple of years.

Agreed bobber. A younger guy who can add some value for a while would be ideal. It is tough with a lot of our trading partners seemingly having '99s that are pretty much untouchable (e.g., Vilardi). Hopefully an agreeable package can be found, not just for the club but also in terms of a destination for Bracco. I'm sure promises were made when he was asked to leave college, and doing right by him would hopefully be a priority for MH as well.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
One thing people have to think about is the player that is being discussed in trades. First he has to give up his NTC. Second he will only do so to go to a preferred team of his choice.

Exactly I don't think he goes to Missy I just don't see the WIFH?

As far as maximizing the return for Bracco maybe packaging him is something to consider? If Kitchener were to be in a complete rebuild mode would they add something to the package that a team can potentially have for next year as well? Bracco all alone is attractive to Windsor (but they are in tough on what they can offer back it would appear) who have their seat booked in the Final Four but for other teams the guarantee isn't there? Maybe the gamble will be just to high? Just a thought how about Bracco and Mascherin...... now we're cookin with gas baby. Lol....one can dream anyway? Big trades are great fun to speculate on but really so few actually happen.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Exactly I don't think he goes to Missy I just don't see the WIFH?

As far as maximizing the return for Bracco maybe packaging him is something to consider? If Kitchener were to be in a complete rebuild mode would they add something to the package that a team can potentially have for next year as well? Bracco all alone is attractive to Windsor (but they are in tough on what they can offer back it would appear) who have their seat booked in the Final Four but for other teams the guarantee isn't there? Maybe the gamble will be just to high? Just a thought how about Bracco and Mascherin...... now we're cookin with gas baby. Lol....one can dream anyway? Big trades are great fun to speculate on but really so few actually happen.
I think the big trades are already done Butsy. Just waiting to be announced after the WJC. I can see a couple of top prospects leaving the Knights and maybe Foudy also:) You know who I mean.

ScoresFromCentre

Jan 29, 2016
Tonight's win moves the Rangers to 19-5-3-1 (.750) without Bracco over the last two seasons, so fans worrying about what might become of the team if and when he's moved can perhaps take some solace. (Unfortunately most of that time without Bracco came with other teams' stars away as well, but I do think this hints at some of the Rangers' depth.)

For reference, the Rangers are 46-24-3-2 (.647) with Bracco in the lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad