Kitchener Rangers 2016-17 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorangersgo90

Dec 11, 2016
Well there's the first big trade. I think that sets the standards as far as prices are concerned. This is just another example of buying and selling. Sabrina goes out on a limb last year and sends all those picks (can't remember exact) for konecny and it backfires, but now get almost alll back with one trade. I think if Murray gets anything less than multiple seconds and a good young player for Bracco that is considered a failure

SYWTom

Dec 10, 2016
What's really frustrating is that if we don't move players we may not see the high quality come back to Kitchener. IF we move Bracco, I understand that we could offer Rippon the "A" Package he desires?

If Murray Heibert thinks Lias Andersson is coming here next year, he better be building for that season because if we aren't gonna be a contender why would he leave Sweden where he likely would make $20,000 USD or more.

It's time to suck this year, make our picks better and go for it next year. If we don't, next deadline we'll all be sitting here hoping for Mascherin to be moved for a big package. I'm not a season ticket holder to be entertained, I want to watch the Championship team develop. Not the annual 2nd round failures.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
McHugh out injured. Cascagnette out suspended two games. Garreffa , Merieles and Mascherin on the second line. Henderson up on first line with Kohn and Darby.

Medway Bear

Sep 8, 2011
I was looking at the boxscore on the OHL website and Richardson is not credited with his 0.7 second of ice time today. Does anyone know the rule for how long a goalie has to be in to be considered as having gotten on the ice? Just curious.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
I was looking at the boxscore on the OHL website and Richardson is not credited with his 0.7 second of ice time today. Does anyone know the rule for how long a goalie has to be in to be considered as having gotten on the ice? Just curious.

I'd be willing to bet the scorekeeper didn't catch it.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
What's really frustrating is that if we don't move players we may not see the high quality come back to Kitchener. IF we move Bracco, I understand that we could offer Rippon the "A" Package he desires?

If Murray Heibert thinks Lias Andersson is coming here next year, he better be building for that season because if we aren't gonna be a contender why would he leave Sweden where he likely would make $20,000 USD or more.

It's time to suck this year, make our picks better and go for it next year. If we don't, next deadline we'll all be sitting here hoping for Mascherin to be moved for a big package. I'm not a season ticket holder to be entertained, I want to watch the Championship team develop. Not the annual 2nd round failures.

I would be very surprised if Andersson comes next year. He'll be an NHL 1st rounder. He'll either be in the NHL, AHL or playing for $$ in Europe.

Therefore, I expect us to go with Schiemenz and an import selected in the next import draft.

Personally, if it were me, I'd be monitoring Schiemenz the rest of the season and then deciding if even we bring him back. As it stands now, the only way he gets into the lineup is if there are injuries. When he is in the lineup, he struggles. Imports have to be top six (F) or top for (D) players in this league. This is his draft year and to me, as an import, he should be a top six player. He clearly isn't even close.

I think the Rangers should be making two selections at the 2017 import draft.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Drake Rymsha is sitting at home awaiting a trade out of Ottawa. I like his game. He has 15 G and 29 pts thus far this year. As an 18 year old, he has this year, next year and a likely OA season left in the league. If we are looking to contend over the next two years he'd be a good guy to have around.

I wonder if there's a way that he winds up in Kitchener? Ottawa isn't contending this year so won't be interested in older players. I'm not in favor of sending Ottawa any of our quality youth as it would be a sideways move. What would it take to get a deal done? A pick or two? Our cupboard isn't that stocked up right now but if we can turn Bracco and an OA d-man or two into picks, maybe we move a pick or two to Ottawa for him.

Just a thought.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
So, what's your best guess regarding the "Bracco Sweepstakes"? Bracco will...

a) remain with the Rangers.
b) be traded to Erie.
c) be traded to Windsor.
d) be traded to London.
e) be traded to the Soo.

:popcorn:

Tim Raines

Oct 26, 2015

b) be traded to Erie.
c) be traded to Windsor.
d) be traded to London.
e) be traded to the Soo.

f) be traded to Mississauga ;)

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON

b) be traded to Erie.
c) be traded to Windsor.
d) be traded to London.
e) be traded to the Soo.

Hounds don't have the 'required' resources to trade for Bracco...would require picks in addition to a player or two that we don't otherwise have

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
Bracco is a better player than Korostelev, so we can conclude that either:

a) PBO had no interest in Bracco, or no interest in him at the price being asked (I find this unlikely)
b) Kitchener has no intention to trade him, or will not unless their socks are blown off (this one is more likely)
c) Kitchener will likely trade Bracco, but the asking price was higher and PBO opted to make a deal with the Sting (perhaps Gogolev was the ask in terms of the player coming back)
d) Bracco did not want to go to PBO

b) and d) seem to be the most likely options. Bracco is an upgrade on Korostelev, and giving up a slightly better package for him (I can't imagine it would be SO high that PBO would scoff, considering it's not really a seller's market, or so it seems). This perhaps hurts the Soo's chances.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace

b) be traded to Erie.
c) be traded to Windsor.
d) be traded to London.
e) be traded to the Soo.

Bracco is going to have a very short list on where he will except a trade so I would guess Soo and London are not on his list - Windsor is only attractive because they are the host and Erie would give him a good shot to get there. Don't think Windsor or Erie have enough to get him. I think he stays in Kitchener.

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Bracco is going to have a very short list on where he will except a trade so I would guess Soo and London are not on his list - Windsor is only attractive because they are the host and Erie would give him a good shot to get there. Don't think Windsor or Erie have enough to get him. I think he stays in Kitchener.

whose to say London isn't on his list?

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009

b) be traded to Erie.
c) be traded to Windsor.
d) be traded to London.
e) be traded to the Soo.

IMO, a) or d).

Rumor has it, but I've heard it from a source at the Aud, who would definitely know, that tells me it is way more than just a rumor, that Bracco with the NTC, has already veto'ed a deal to Erie so b) is out.

Windsor doesn't have the assets. They don't have the high end picks, and they can't send us Vilardi as he is too big a part of this year's team. They are easily outbid by most teams that would choose to do so. Also, there may be too big a risk doing a two part trade where Vilardi could come our way in the summer. This is his draft year and being ranked a very high 1st round pick, there is always the chance he plays in the NHL next year. Too risky. Even Kadri back in the day was a late birthdate so he was 100% coming back the next year. Therefore, c) is out.

The Soo is also lean on assets. However, they at least have more in the way of young player(s) that could be sent our way in a deal. But Bracco's NTC may factor in here. I know graduating star players have waived NTC's in the past to go to what many see as unsavory locales because they want to win (Justin Bailey and Nick Richie did just that for a chance to win in the Soo just a few years ago). Waiving a deal to the Soo is a lot easier to do when you are only going there for a few months as opposed to waiving the NTC as a 16 or 17 year old. But I'm going to assume that Bracco would veto a deal to the Soo for the same reason he veto'ed the deal to Erie - He may feel he can get dealt to a more favorable location and still have a chance to go all the way. Therefore, IMO, e) is out.

I can see a scenario where Bracco waives his NTC to go to London. Some have said Bracco has said it's Windsor or bust with him waiving the NTC, but being a Leaf pick, perhaps Mark Hunter gets involved and advises his prospect that a trade to London would give him an opportunity to grow as a player and give him the probability of a long playoff run. Since Windsor doesn't have the assets to acquire Bracco, staying put in Kitchener would mean a likely 1st round playoff exit and a seat in the press box with the Marlies, or at best 5-7 minutes per game with the Marlies. The Rangers may be more inclined to deal him to London as they could get more for him than what Windsor could come close to paying. And don't rule out the possibility of a pre season "agreement' between Hunter and Hiebert. It wouldn't surprise me if as a condition that the Leafs send Bracco back to the Rangers this year, Hunter did so with an "agreement' that should Kitchener sell this year, London gets the opportunity to acquire him in a fair trade over any other team. (I don't want to hear about the possibility of sanctions and the like here. There would be no way of ever proving such an agreement ever took place. He said she said). Therefore, if the Rangers choose to trade him, I see d) happening.

The issue though is that I don't really think the Rangers want to trade him. It's all about playoff dates under the guise of "entertaining the fans" with this team and if they feel they have a better shot at getting past the first round with Bracco in a Ranger uniform, then I see them keeping him and standing pat at the deadline. The way Opilka has been playing lately may also have the brass here feeling that they can win a round or two this year.

I see the answer being a) or d) with some major leanage towards a)

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I would say Bracco is not on the Knights list. Just a good hunch:)

That's the popular belief on the Knights board but their management team may feel differently.

In other news, Erie filled their last OA spot today. That's one less team who would have interest in one of our OA's.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Bracco is a better player than Korostelev, so we can conclude that either:

a) PBO had no interest in Bracco, or no interest in him at the price being asked (I find this unlikely)
b) Kitchener has no intention to trade him, or will not unless their socks are blown off (this one is more likely)
c) Kitchener will likely trade Bracco, but the asking price was higher and PBO opted to make a deal with the Sting (perhaps Gogolev was the ask in terms of the player coming back)
d) Bracco did not want to go to PBO

b) and d) seem to be the most likely options. Bracco is an upgrade on Korostelev, and giving up a slightly better package for him (I can't imagine it would be SO high that PBO would scoff, considering it's not really a seller's market, or so it seems). This perhaps hurts the Soo's chances.

IMO a) is closer to the mark. Korostelev just seems like a better fit for the Petes. Yes Bracco is a better offensive player than Korostelev, but maybe Bracco upsets the team chemistry. No one on the Petes gets a pass on back checking and playing defense. IMO if they get Bracco and he doesn't buy in to that system then it could cause problems. Korostelev should be a better fit - Moscow born like Gogolev and SDA; I'm sure those two 16 yr olds will be excited with Korostelev's arrival. Korostelev is a 7th round pick of the Leafs while Bracco is a 2nd round pick. In an ideal world the Petes have a good playoff run, Korostelev enjoys playing in Peterborough and when he looks around he realizes that they have a strong team heading into next season as well. Hopefully the Leafs sign Korostelev and advise him that playing in Peterborough as an OA and leading the league in scoring would be great for his development.

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
The Soo is also lean on assets. However, they at least have more in the way of young player(s) that could be sent our way in a deal. But Bracco's NTC may factor in here. I know graduating star players have waived NTC's in the past to go to what many see as unsavory locales because they want to win (Justin Bailey and Nick Richie did just that for a chance to win in the Soo just a few years ago). Waiving a deal to the Soo is a lot easier to do when you are only going there for a few months as opposed to waiving the NTC as a 16 or 17 year old. But I'm going to assume that Bracco would veto a deal to the Soo for the same reason he veto'ed the deal to Erie - He may feel he can get dealt to a more favorable location and still have a chance to go all the way. Therefore, IMO, e) is out.

I can see a scenario where Bracco waives his NTC to go to London. Some have said Bracco has said it's Windsor or bust with him waiving the NTC, but being a Leaf pick, perhaps Mark Hunter gets involved and advises his prospect that a trade to London would give him an opportunity to grow as a player and give him the probability of a long playoff run. Since Windsor doesn't have the assets to acquire Bracco, staying put in Kitchener would mean a likely 1st round playoff exit and a seat in the press box with the Marlies, or at best 5-7 minutes per game with the Marlies. The Rangers may be more inclined to deal him to London as they could get more for him than what Windsor could come close to paying. And don't rule out the possibility of a pre season "agreement' between Hunter and Hiebert. It wouldn't surprise me if as a condition that the Leafs send Bracco back to the Rangers this year, Hunter did so with an "agreement' that should Kitchener sell this year, London gets the opportunity to acquire him in a fair trade over any other team. (I don't want to hear about the possibility of sanctions and the like here. There would be no way of ever proving such an agreement ever took place. He said she said). Therefore, if the Rangers choose to trade him, I see d) happening.

The issue though is that I don't really think the Rangers want to trade him. It's all about playoff dates under the guise of "entertaining the fans" with this team and if they feel they have a better shot at getting past the first round with Bracco in a Ranger uniform, then I see them keeping him and standing pat at the deadline. The way Opilka has been playing lately may also have the brass here feeling that they can win a round or two this year.

I see the answer being a) or d) with some major leanage towards a)

With SSM being 1st in the OHL, personally I don't see that as being a hindrance in any player wanting to come here, we're positioned similar to how we were back in 14/15; London, Erie, Windsor and SSM are all on equal footing IMO, with Windsor having the obvious advantage with them being guaranteed a berth in the Memorial Cup.

Kyle Dubas could always get involved too with this....keep in mind both are Assistant GMs with the Leafs.

My original statement still stands though that he won't be a Greyhound due to our lack of bargaining chips unless Raftis pulls something out of his a**

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Reading into your use of emojis (last two posts), I would say that you have some inside info regarding Bracco. Don't hesitate to send me a PM, if that's the case. I can keep a secret! :sarcasm:

If I knew something Nelli I wouldn't even tell Ranger fans;) Lose lips sink ships.

Gorangersgo90

Dec 11, 2016
If we keep Bracco that will be the worst thing Murray could do. He's gone next year. There's no way he is back. Get what you can get. Go high try to get something good but if no one will pay the steep price adjust a bit. Don't keep him for a half a year and then get nothing from him for the future. That will be huge shoes to fill next year and getting nothing in return will hurt this team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad