Speculation: Kirill Kaprizov has tentative agreement on 8-figure deal in KHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

north21

May 1, 2014
MN
9X5 would be a horrible contract.

For what could be his prime years? I would take that chance, I would bet a great many GM's also would as well, yes based on one good year with a below average center and some very solid years in the KHL.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
The only 8 figure deal he was getting in the KHL would be in rubles not USD.

i do think KHL might look into investing 10 million usd for a one year of Kaprizov as a marketing money. Fishing a superstar level player at prime age, boost the league and cause havoc and show they have balls.

but the problem with that is that it would not be sustainable and next year Kaprizovs salary would need to be lowered to the normal 3-5 million level. Say he gets the max of that range for 5 mills for the next four years and he makes total of 30 million usd with a five year contract. With the rumoured Wild offer 9/5 he makes 45. It was never a legit thread.

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019
Talk about dragging things out. Ridiculous at this point. If I was the Wild I wouldn't even want him after all these headaches. If I'm the GM I'm hoping Kaprizov blows the doors off this season & then trade him while he has maximum value. If they were smart that would be the best move. There are some teams who would give up a killing to have a player like him. So let them offer up the farm. Is he a great player? Yeah absolutely. But I would rather just get a bunch of grade A prospects who have some development plus some picks. Someone who would actually want to play for the team.

Reactions: Sweetpotato

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I'm still in shock that a rookie that has played 55 regular season career games is gonna get 9 mill a year... no wonder so many teams are in such cap trouble every year.. its absolutely insane... but hey, I don't blame KK demanding this at all... gotta make as much money as possible as quickly as you can

Reactions: 57special

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
the system allows it, may as well ask for it. can't say it's gonna be great if this sets a precedent.

P10p

May 15, 2012
I'm still in shock that a rookie that has played 55 regular season career games is gonna get 9 mill a year... no wonder so many teams are in such cap trouble every year.. its absolutely insane... but hey, I don't blame KK demanding this at all... gotta make as much money as possible as quickly as you can

You can't point to the Kaprizov negotiations and project conclusions across the league based on it. This is a very unique contract situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad