Injury Report: Kirby Dach injured — upd: out 4-5 months

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
BTW where were all of the hindsight heros when Dach got hurt due to a dirty hit in TC? TC is a far more dangerous tourney as you have the grinders trying to slash and fight their way to a PTO.

Oh yeah...you said nothing.

Back to bed after my daughter woke me up with a bad dream. Bad dreams can eff off too.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Shite! I really thought it would only be a month or two tops! Crazy that such a harmless looking check could cause this much damage. Ok ... I'm on board for a top 5 pick in '21!

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
There were tons of people saying it was stupid to let Dach go, the injury was just proof. Stop acting like this is hindsight for everyone.
Tons of people?!
I guess if you and Gabe are more on the heavier side than we could say tons of people but ... ;)
Seriously ... there is no hindsight here. Sh*t happens. Injuries happen .. regardless of where and how.
All we can do now is accept it and move on with a positive attitude.
The silver lining is either more fuel for a high pick or on the flip side an opportunity for a young'n to step up and flourish ... hint hint Kurashev.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
There are no blessings in disguise with him missing an entire (even if shortened) season of play and development.

It is for sure not a good thing but it is also something that will not kill/really hurt his development like the hindsight heros claim. Ideal or a blessing, 100% no.

He will still be able to skate workout during his recovery.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
What? I literally said that Bowman done more that enough to be canned. If you going to troll at least try to not be a lazy troll but yada yada tldr yada lazy troll yada yada.
Yeah, 10X over. You have coddled Stan and his dismal performance just like you did with Q.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I have said for quite a while that Bowman can go and they could use fresh blood.

10x over eh? List it.

There it is again. Passively supporting our lame-duck GM. Just take a look at the Hawk's org beginning with the team we will ice this season. Look at our goaltending. Look at our cap space. Then look at RFD, then our prospect pool .... objectively. I know you always see "potential".
Compare Hawks "potential" with AVs for example.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
There it is again. Passively supporting our lame-duck GM. Just take a look at the Hawk's org beginning with the team we will ice this season. Look at our goaltending. Look at our cap space. Then look at RFD, then our prospect pool .... objectively. I know you always see "potential".

It was joke Bobby...

There was zero passive support there so you are just imagining things. It is fairly black and white to me. I said this months ago, since the Wirtz family insists on keeping Bowman I would have promoted him (like they did (even though he gained nothing power wise) and brought in a new GM to run the show (Drury would be my choice). Bowman would then be the liaison between hockey ops and business ops working on bigger picture things. The GM would run the team and Kelly would remain in his role.

Do I see potential in the future? Sure do but I also see a lot of work to be done.

Last edited:
Reactions: ClydeLee

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Tons of people?!
I guess if you and Gabe are more on the heavier side than we could say tons of people but ... ;)
Seriously ... there is no hindsight here. Sh*t happens. Injuries happen .. regardless of where and how.
All we can do now is accept it and move on with a positive attitude.
The silver lining is either more fuel for a high pick or on the flip side an opportunity for a young'n to step up and flourish ... hint hint Kurashev.

If you venture off this board you'll find a lot of people that knew this was stupid for a variety of reasons. Injury was just one of them.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Wow, who cares? Someone things differently than me in a way that has zero impact on anything changing. Lets rip this apart and bring up contextless examples.

After all the Hawks are trying to be where thr Avs were around 16-17 and after. Yeah you have no great reason to think Bowman will come out of that good but nobody has reason to think Sakic would too.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
It was joke Bobby...

There was zero passive support there so you are just imagining things. It is fairly black and white to me. I said this months ago, since the Wirtz family insists on keeping Bowman I would have promoted him (like they did (even though he gained nothing power wise) and brought in a new GM to run the show (Drury would be my choice). Bowman would then be the liaison between hockey ops and business ops working on bigger picture things. The GM would run the team and Kelly would remain in his role.

Do I see potential in the future? Sure do but I also see a lot of work to be done.
Oh, I see another joke. The org is a joke.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Oh, I see another joke. The org is a joke.

Why are you so bitter?

You are welcome to pick a new one.

I like the structural changes made but more needs to be done. I explained how I would do it.

Who would you pick? What would you change? How would you structure it?

If he were up for it, Marian Hossa would be the former player I would try to develop into our next coach.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Why are you so bitter?

You are welcome to pick a new one.

I like the structural changes made but more needs to be done. I explained how I would do it.

Who would you pick? What would you change? How would you structure it?

If he were up for it, Marian Hossa would be the former player I would try to develop into our next coach.

Would you consider Hossa as the GM if he wanted to go down that route instead?

Reactions: ClydeLee

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I’d consider Hossa for anything

I’m in the same boat, personally.

Id like to think he’s be able to get players to buy into how hard of an effort he put out there into a two way game.... but wonder if he’s too timid to get a guy like Strome to buy in. I don’t see him having that fire on the bench like Torts to get it done. You know? That’s not to say he can’t go about it a different way, and I’d still love giving him a shot as the coach if he wanted it.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I’m in the same boat, personally.

Id like to think he’s be able to get players to buy into how hard of an effort he put out there into a two way game.... but wonder if he’s too timid to get a guy like Strome to buy in. I don’t see him having that fire on the bench like Torts to get it done. You know? That’s not to say he can’t go about it a different way, and I’d still love giving him a shot as the coach if he wanted it.

While Hossa is roughly the same age as Colliton, I can’t imagine guys like Toews/Kane/Keith not wanting to run through a damn wall for a Coach Hossa.

I think you’d need a strong assistant to handle more game planning and strategy stuff while Hossa learns more of those aspects of coaching, but his presence alone would motivate the f*** out of a lot of these guys.

(Same can be said for Seabrook whenever he retires and hopefully goes the coaching route)

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I dont see Hossas attitude or communication to be on par to be a real coach. He could do a scout/coaching one on one role like Campbell had. Maybe with like Reichel or someone

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad