Injury Report: Kirby Dach injured — upd: out 4-5 months

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
He will have one of the best surgeons in the country fixing this. Calm down people. Expect 100% recovery until he doesn't 100% recover.
Yep.

It's possible he won't ever be the same, but that's not likely.

Odds are he'll recovery just fine. Just sucks to see a kid like him miss a year of development, but he's smart enough that it won't be a huge learning curve when he finally returns.

Reactions: Boqvy wan Kenobi

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Dach will be paid his $900k salary. It's not like he was hurt base jumping. Did he have a chance of earning the $2.5 million bonus money? Losing that would hurt.

Any Colour You Like

Regular bean eater
Nov 13, 2011
Boston U
Hoping for a full recovery for Dach, of course, and not just because he plays for one of my favorite hockey teams.

In terms of whether he should have been at the tournament... if Zegras, Stützle, and Byram were there, I have no problem with Dach being there. The outcome was just incredibly shitty.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I think your contract can only slide in the first year of the ELC. Since he has already played that year (more than 9 NHL games) his contract will continue toll.

Reactions: Pertti

Crow

May 19, 2014
I find it odd that people are pointing at going to world juniors is some terrible idea in hindsight. He could have just as easily gotten injured playing in the NHL. I don’t understand the logic of saying this professional hockey player might get hurt so he shouldn’t play. It was something he was obviously proud to be involved in and something that could have been great for further development in a leadership role.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Question if Dach doesn’t play this year does his ELC slide at all for the season?

speculation in the thread that it does yet another poster said it did not as he played more than 9 games in his initial season...I have no clue man I am not into that type of stuff but there are people here who are and I am sure we will know for certain soon.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
speculation in the thread that it does yet another poster said it did not as he played more than 9 games in his initial season...I have no clue man I am not into that type of stuff but there are people here who are and I am sure we will know for certain soon.

Thanks. Was just wondering.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Was that really his hand? I saw zero muscle definition on that Human, also looked like a big belly and very weak small hands.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Was that really his hand? I saw zero muscle definition on that Human, also looked like a big belly and very weak small hands.

Probably from mommy babying him too much. When you don’t need to tuck yourself in, it’s kind of hard to build up wrist muscle. :sarcasm:

As for the belly, too much night night time warm milk and cookies.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Like I've been saying, at least he and his agent won't have as much fire power after his current contract is up. Only having one season where you pass 30pts makes it hard to ask for top dollar.

agreed that is a potential blessing in disguise in a grim situation

Reactions: CallMeShaft

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Like I've been saying, at least he and his agent won't have as much fire power after his current contract is up. Only having one season where you pass 30pts makes it hard to ask for top dollar.
I wanna further elaborate a bit here.

Like I said, this could potentially help us in regards to his next contract. And like others have said, this'll likely help with our draft position. And maybe the Hawks will try harder to be sellers at the deadline because we're so far out of a playoff position, meaning more future assets.

Yes, this is looking at things in a glass half full sorta way. But it's also the truth. Nobody thought the Hawks were going to wind up better off the night Kane f***ed up his clavicle. But in hindsight, we don't win in 2015 without that moment. If we're looking at positives right now, it's that this moment may help set into motion a way for the team to be more successful long term. Butterfly effect.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
The Worlds are at the end of May so if he doesn’t get any NHL time this year he still has something that he can go to. Worst case scenario you risk another injury but I think you’d have to send him with the amount of time he’d have off by next season.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
The Worlds are at the end of May so if he doesn’t get any NHL time this year he still has something that he can go to. Worst case scenario you risk another injury but I think you’d have to send him with the amount of time he’d have off by next season.

He is not going to worlds. No chance. The next game he plays will be for the Hawks at training camp. The Hawks will not want anyone else managing his readjustment to hockey.

Reactions: Gabe MacAntanen

Nellie Fox

Jun 22, 2020
North Mankato, MN
I find it odd that people are pointing at going to world juniors is some terrible idea in hindsight. He could have just as easily gotten injured playing in the NHL. I don’t understand the logic of saying this professional hockey player might get hurt so he shouldn’t play.
You truly don't see the difference between a player getting injured playing for the team that's paying him, instead of while playing for a team that isn't? Would you let one of your employees work for someone else, while guaranteeing their salary if they get injured doing it?

Reactions: Gabe MacAntanen

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
You truly don't see the difference between a player getting injured playing for the team that's paying him, instead of while playing for a team that isn't? Would you let one of your employees work for someone else, while guaranteeing their salary if they get injured doing it?

Real life work and playing Professional sports are nothing alike. Full stop there.

Kane broke his wrist training in the summer, no outrage. Shit happens.

Dach getting hurt could have easily just have happened playing the the Chicago summer league. People are outraged because they hate Bowman or are just plain looking for an issue that is not there. Dach competing in the WJC and dominating would have been the perfect way to lead into the NHL season for him. HE asked to go.

Now we have hindsight heros out there being led by the “blame Bowman “for not stepping up”” crowd. The same people that lie about playing college hockey and the asshats at faxes.

People don’t bitch Olympics, World Championships, or World Cup.

Bowman has done enough shit to justify being canned but this is not one of those things. The trolls can eff right off as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: RedDogBedard

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad