Kingston Frontenacs 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
Virtually all teams in the Eastern Conference can play with all teams in the Eastern Conference other than the Petes and Niagara. Well, Barrie as well. It is a piss poor conference.

Kingston has added 3 d-Men and still sit 3rd last in the conference for goals against. Let’s be real here….
If we are going to "be real here"
Let's be fair about it.
25 of that goal differential was under Caputi before getting Schmidt and Chromiak.
Under Mann they have been a -8 goal differential with several occasions being without their top Dman and most of below suspensions and injurys to the D core have been under Mann.
Schmidt's massive suspension... 6 games.
Burns has missed 10 games
Holmes missed 10 games
The defensive structure has definitely came a long way considering Ottawa the so called top team in the east cant even beat it.
I think it speaks volumes to Ottawa's pre scouting abilities that they can't figure out to beat Vaccari you just have to snipe over his shoulder when he drops to Butterfly like every other team does....

• Love
Reactions: frontsfan67

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
The Petes underachieved last year but still finished at .544 win%. Kingston is struggling to maintain .500. The Petes added two key OA’s, and Elite Centre as well as a couple early season trades. They also had a bonafide top 3 goalie. Don’t compare Kingston to the Petes. It makes you look silly.
I agree, comparing Kingston this year to last year's Petes team is silly. However, you choose to use the win% to compare them. I think there is actually a decent shot that Kingston collects 23 points in their remaining 17 games to get to that .544 win%.

Although currently 4th last in the East by win %, Kingston has a whopping 9 of it's remaining 17 games against teams with a lower win % (ERI x2, FLNT, SAR, BAR, PBO x3, NIA). They basically have to finish their remaining schedule collecting 2/3 of the possible points. It has to be one of the easier remaining schedules of any team in the league.

Reactions: frontsfan67

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
As I see it London will win the OHL championship and join Saginaw in the Mem Cup. The only way an eastern team will get in is if Saginaw can win the west.

London has the better goaltending and overall a well balanced team who have for most part been together for a couple of years. Barring unforeseen injuries they should be the champs.

The east to me is very competitive but whomever wins will not be successful in the OHL final. Sudbury is a real scoring machine but their defense leaves a lot to be desired.
Saginaw is 2 pts behind London; was Saginaw 0.500 to start November?
I place little value on what occurred before teams bought and/or sold. It remains to be seen just how good Saginaw, Sudbury, and NB get but they are no doubt loaded for a run. I am not awarding a championship to London.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
If we are going to "be real here"
Let's be fair about it.
25 of that goal differential was under Caputi before getting Schmidt and Chromiak.
Under Mann they have been a -8 goal differential with several occasions being without their top Dman and most of below suspensions and injurys to the D core have been under Mann.
Schmidt's massive suspension... 6 games.
Burns has missed 10 games
Holmes missed 10 games
The defensive structure has definitely came a long way considering Ottawa the so called top team in the east cant even beat it.
I think it speaks volumes to Ottawa's pre scouting abilities that they can't figure out to beat Vaccari you just have to snipe over his shoulder when he drops to Butterfly like every other team does....

I find your analysis very bias. Either that or your research is lazy. You’ve pointed to games lost to injury and suspension for Kingston but ignore games lost by injury/suspension for Ottawa.

You also have a bad habit of pointing to positive changes made by Kingston that have resulted in demonstrated performance boosts but completely ignore changes for Ottawa that have also resulted in demonstrated performance boosts. You’ve been fixated on one single head to head battle Which I find interesting. On one hand you suggest Kingston is much better than their record but on the other hand you mock the 67’s for losing to Kingston by insinuating they are a poor team with a poor goaltender. Which is it? Is Kingston a shitty team that Ottawa shouldn’t be losing to or are they a quality team which explains why Ottawa is losing to them? Figure it out.

I have been very clear on my assessments. The conference, in general, is very weak. There isn’t a clear elite team. This means any team could beat any team in the playoffs with the exception of 8 v 1. I feel, as a result of the deadline moves, Ottawa is the clear favourite for the Division. Taht said, it doesn’t mean they are an elite team that will roll over everyone. It just means in a weak division, they have the best chance of coming out on top.

IMO, at the deadline, Kingston should have traded Ludwinski. I didn’t feel they had the goaltending, nor the commitment to team defence required To be successful. I felt that Ludwinski would return a package that would be very advantageous for the fronts next year and potentially other future years. His impact as a trade pice far outweighed his impact as a player this year. To date, I think I have been proven correct. Kingston has slipped to 7th place and do not present as a team capable of going to the eastern Conference Final.

From an Ottawa perspective, they are 8-3-3 since the deadline (.678) and have had a tough schedule over that period. I stated that Ottawa would find some consistency in scoring and would prove to be a team worthy of winning the division after the deadline. Their performance to date has proven that to also be true. They are capable of winning the division and do seem to be a favourite to do so when you look at their schedule down the stretch. They are 6 points out of first with two games in hand. That is very much in close striking distance. 8 of their remaining 16 games are against teams at or below .500. They may have the most favourable schedule of all the teams in the division.

I agree that Kingston is a better team under Mann. However, when a significant coaching change coupled with a new structure of play is implemented mid-season, it usually takes that full season and the following offseason to make the required changes to properly implement the structural change. Kingston is handcuffed with players that don’t necessarily suit the new structure. They will need the offseason to perform the roster shuffle. They will be much better next season as a result. This is not uncommon. Kingston still struggles with that structure change and probably struggle a bit with a culture change too. This will likely remain through the end of this season. I am positive that next year will be a huge breath of fresh air with the pending roster changes etc. But, you are still stuck with a lot of dead wood that doesn’t’ suit their new structure. It is what it is. That is a big negative right now and it will be very difficult to mitigate against the rest of the way. This is why you will likely see some inconsistent team performances while still seeing some solid individual performances.

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
I find your analysis very bias. Either that or your research is lazy. You’ve pointed to games lost to injury and suspension for Kingston but ignore games lost by injury/suspension for Ottawa.

You also have a bad habit of pointing to positive changes made by Kingston that have resulted in demonstrated performance boosts but completely ignore changes for Ottawa that have also resulted in demonstrated performance boosts. You’ve been fixated on one single head to head battle Which I find interesting. On one hand you suggest Kingston is much better than their record but on the other hand you mock the 67’s for losing to Kingston by insinuating they are a poor team with a poor goaltender. Which is it? Is Kingston a shitty team that Ottawa shouldn’t be losing to or are they a quality team which explains why Ottawa is losing to them? Figure it out.

I have been very clear on my assessments. The conference, in general, is very weak. There isn’t a clear elite team. This means any team could beat any team in the playoffs with the exception of 8 v 1. I feel, as a result of the deadline moves, Ottawa is the clear favourite for the Division. Taht said, it doesn’t mean they are an elite team that will roll over everyone. It just means in a weak division, they have the best chance of coming out on top.

IMO, at the deadline, Kingston should have traded Ludwinski. I didn’t feel they had the goaltending, nor the commitment to team defence required To be successful. I felt that Ludwinski would return a package that would be very advantageous for the fronts next year and potentially other future years. His impact as a trade pice far outweighed his impact as a player this year. To date, I think I have been proven correct. Kingston has slipped to 7th place and do not present as a team capable of going to the eastern Conference Final.

From an Ottawa perspective, they are 8-3-3 since the deadline (.678) and have had a tough schedule over that period. I stated that Ottawa would find some consistency in scoring and would prove to be a team worthy of winning the division after the deadline. Their performance to date has proven that to also be true. They are capable of winning the division and do seem to be a favourite to do so when you look at their schedule down the stretch. They are 6 points out of first with two games in hand. That is very much in close striking distance. 8 of their remaining 16 games are against teams at or below .500. They may have the most favourable schedule of all the teams in the division.

I agree that Kingston is a better team under Mann. However, when a significant coaching change coupled with a new structure of play is implemented mid-season, it usually takes that full season and the following offseason to make the required changes to properly implement the structural change. Kingston is handcuffed with players that don’t necessarily suit the new structure. They will need the offseason to perform the roster shuffle. They will be much better next season as a result. This is not uncommon. Kingston still struggles with that structure change and probably struggle a bit with a culture change too. This will likely remain through the end of this season. I am positive that next year will be a huge breath of fresh air with the pending roster changes etc. But, you are still stuck with a lot of dead wood that doesn’t’ suit their new structure. It is what it is. That is a big negative right now and it will be very difficult to mitigate against the rest of the way. This is why you will likely see some inconsistent team performances while still seeing some solid individual performances.
I don't know how defending and providing information behind the improvements to their Goal Differential is biased when you continue to point out how poor their defense still is?
The trends show its improved since Mann.

I think people here feel the same way about your views on Kingston / Ottawa to be honest.

You referred to the their bad goal differential / goals against but there were several blowouts under caputi before a few key pieces were brought in that were a major factor in that.

What is you're research based off on this theory that it takes a whole season for a structure change to work when there's a coaching change? No offense but this is something you just talked yourself into thinking is true,
I have been involved in hockey for 20+ years and never heard this lol.

Do you remember the 2018 St Louis Blues who fired Mike Yeo the end of November and won a Stanley cup under Craig Berube the same season? -That was far from a great team on paper too.
Do i think Kingston have a chance at winning the East? -No not really but stranger things have happened and their chance is just as good as Ottawa from what I see.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I don't know how defending and providing information behind the improvements to their Goal Differential is biased when you continue to point out how poor their defense still is?

I think people here feel the same way about your views on Kingston / Ottawa to be honest.

You referred to the their bad goal differential / goals against but there were several blowouts under caputi before a few key pieces were brought in that were a major factor in that.

What is you're research based off on this theory that it takes a whole season for a structure change to work when there's a coaching change? No offense but this is something you just talked yourself into thinking is true,

Do you remember the 2018 St Louis Blues who fired Mike Yeo the end of November and won a Stanley cup under Craig Berube the same season? -That was far from a great team on paper too.
Do i think Kingston have a chance at winning the East? -No not really but stranger things have happened and their chance is just as good as Ottawa from what I see.

With respect to culture/structural changes, you need:
1> Players that buy into those changes
2> Players with skill attributes that can support the structural change
3> Internal leadership that can champion the change even when the initial results are poor

This is basic Change Management principles That also apply to sport.

If you bring in a coach that requires a puck pursuit/puck possession type structure from a dump and chase/cycle structure, you need players with skill sets that can accommodate it. Teams that may be more of a dump and chase style may have bigger bodies that are less mobile and aren’t capable of playing an aggressive puck pursuit and puck possession style of game. They work the puck heavy down low and clog the neutral zone and let the opposition carry the puck and come at them while trying to keep the puck to the outside. Think of the traditional Stan Butler style of play. Can you imagine if a Stan Butler style team build to handle his style of play were to adopt a puck pursuit and heavy possession style of play? It wouldn’t work. That is what I am talking about.

In Kingston’s case, they went from a very individual way of playing to a more structured way of playing. Teams usually get 6 weeks to work on it in training camp and the pre-season. They get an offseason prior to that to draft and trade for players that suit their style of play. they then get a full season to continue to fine tune it. That is one fo the main reasons why we see teams make tremendous improvement over the course of the season and scoring goals becomes more difficult in the second half of the season. Kingston didn’t have the benefit of drafting and trading int he offseason, nor did they have training camp or the preseason, nor did they have the first 4-6 weeks of the season to continue to develop. They lost all of that. Mann comes in and has to start from scratch with the players he has. They are well behind the development curve compared to other teams.

IMO, it would have been better for Kingston to approach the deadline as if they were trying to set up for their new system early. It was an opportunity to delete a few players that are questionable in that system and maybe bring in younger players that suit that system and then focus on next year. Get a head start.

What I am talking about is not some sort of foreign made up theory. You can have a team with players that don’t suit the type of style being played and then bring in a coach that does implement a system that suits the style of the players already on the team. There are many examples of that. But in Kingston’s case, I don’t see it that way. I feel they have a poor key skill/talent distribution with varying attributes that don’t fit together. It is making it difficult to to get everyone working as a single unit with a common goal. One of the main positives of the system Mann has implemented is when it finally is embraced and the players within the system are the right players, goal suppression increases dramatically. Offence then comes gradually. But, the goal suppression hasn’t gotten anywhere near where it should be. that suggests the team either needs more time, needs a few different players or both.

You would never get full value out of smaller skill players on Stan Butler team. You’d never get full value out of big and slow players on a Kilrea team. If you dropped Kilrea into a Butler dressing room, half of those players would be gone Almost immediately. Same with Butler dropped into a Kilrea dressing room. This is an extreme example for the purposes of demonstration but the message holds true. Kingston needs time to pick up what Mann is throwing down. It is not all that difficult to see.

Since Mann came in, their win% hasn’t really changed in any meaningful way. They are something like 20-18-1? Somewhere around there. Improvement is marginal. My point is after they have an offseason and a full training camp and pre-season etc, the changes will be far more noticeable on the ice and in the standings.

Last edited:

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013

Regarding the other comment about defence of analysis, I agree mostly. I have no issues with your assessment when loooking at them individually. Where my issue lies is when you suggest Ottawa losing to Kingston proves they are a poor team while also suggesting Kingston is a much better team than they get credit for. You can’t denigrate one team for losing to them while int he same statement suggest they are better than they get credit for. It is contradictory.

Again, I have stated there isnt’ a lot that separate the teams in the Eastern Conference and just because I pick one particular team to win the division, it doesn’t mean that team is elite and is above scrutiny. It also doesn’t mean the team below them are poor. I have stated that Oshawa is still a bit young and Brantford made some seller trades and shouldn’t be as solid inthe 2nd half as they were int he first half. Those assertions may or may not hold true. I stated that Ottawa was playing the first half with one centre and they acquired two more centres and an impact D-Man, all of which were gaping holes in their roster. They’d be significantly better for it. I hadn’t seen a remarkable improvement in Kingston, at least not enough that I felt they were division winners. No need to comment on Peterborough. Based on that, I felt at the time that Ottawa was the favourite for the division and I still feel that way. Brantford has not slipped back as much as I anticipated so it will be more of a battle than I thought but that is a good thing for the division. Make sit much more interesting.

If you and/or other fans of Kingston or any other team feels that assessment is an affront to me mocking or denigrating the Frontenacs or any other team, that isn’t the intention at all. I have consistently defending my opinions and so far, most of what I had stated at the deadline Has held true. Both Brantford and Sudbury are better than I anticipated (from a win-loss perspective) but the rest has been pretty much on the mark.

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
I feel, as a result of the deadline moves, Ottawa is the clear favourite for the Division. Taht said, it doesn’t mean they are an elite team that will roll over everyone. It just means in a weak division, they have the best chance of coming out on top.
This is the main part that seems a little off to me - I don't think there's anyway you can confidently call any team in this division a favourite over the others - let alone a clear favourite.

Obviously the deadline moves may not have fully clicked for whatever reason, but even after there's nothing that really sticks out to me about any of the top 3 teams that put one ahead the other.

I honestly don't know what to think of Kingston - their good games they look incredible and I'd say they can beat any team in the conference, but when they're bad - it is ugly.

Like many have said - I think regardless of the standings, whoever gets hot at the right time will go deep.

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
Regarding the other comment about defence of analysis, I agree mostly. I have no issues with your assessment when loooking at them individually. Where my issue lies is when you suggest Ottawa losing to Kingston proves they are a poor team while also suggesting Kingston is a much better team than they get credit for. You can’t denigrate one team for losing to them while int he same statement suggest they are better than they get credit for. It is contradictory.

Again, I have stated there isnt’ a lot that separate the teams in the Eastern Conference and just because I pick one particular team to win the division, it doesn’t mean that team is elite and is above scrutiny. It also doesn’t mean the team below them are poor. I have stated that Oshawa is still a bit young and Brantford made some seller trades and shouldn’t be as solid inthe 2nd half as they were int he first half. Those assertions may or may not hold true. I stated that Ottawa was playing the first half with one centre and they acquired two more centres and an impact D-Man, all of which were gaping holes in their roster. They’d be significantly better for it. I hadn’t seen a remarkable improvement in Kingston, at least not enough that I felt they were division winners. No need to comment on Peterborough. Based on that, I felt at the time that Ottawa was the favourite for the division and I still feel that way. Brantford has not slipped back as much as I anticipated so it will be more of a battle than I thought but that is a good thing for the division. Make sit much more interesting.

If you and/or other fans of Kingston or any other team feels that assessment is an affront to me mocking or denigrating the Frontenacs or any other team, that isn’t the intention at all. I have consistently defending my opinions and so far, most of what I had stated at the deadline Has held true. Both Brantford and Sudbury are better than I anticipated (from a win-loss perspective) but the rest has been pretty much on the mark.
I'm not in anyway offended by any of your posts. -Discussions like these are what these forums are for.
I'm not delusional enough to think Kingston has a OHL championship team.
I guess where I was going with this is I don't think Ottawa does either.
Oshawa is much better suited for a OHL Cup Run then either Ottawa or Kingston. -I do feel like they will battle through their off ice issue distraction and probably win the East.

P.S - I will take my $100 in one Brown Bill end of March :)

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
This is the main part that seems a little off to me - I don't think there's anyway you can confidently call any team in this division a favourite over the others - let alone a clear favourite.

Obviously the deadline moves may not have fully clicked for whatever reason, but even after there's nothing that really sticks out to me about any of the top 3 teams that put one ahead the other.

I honestly don't know what to think of Kingston - their good games they look incredible and I'd say they can beat any team in the conference, but when they're bad - it is ugly.

Like many have said - I think regardless of the standings, whoever gets hot at the right time will go deep.

I think the main caveat to all of that was Brantford sold players, Oshawa only added one piece and Ottawa filled three holes. Going into the Christmas break (prior to a big rash of injuries), they were the first place team in the division. Based solely off that, you should consider Ottawa the favourite. They were the first place team for the better part of three months and made the heaviest series of additions at the deadline (in three key positions - two centres and a PP QB D-Man).

We could go deeper into the analysis but just using the level one analysis that is right in our faces would suggest Ottawa has the upper hand. That is no different than looking at the deadline and suggesting that North Bay and Sudbury should cruise ahead of Mississauga (who was in 1st at the deadline in the Central Division) because they made significant buyer moves to strengthen their team.

Reactions: dirty12

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I'm not in anyway offended by any of your posts. -Discussions like these are what these forums are for.
I'm not delusional enough to think Kingston has a OHL championship team.
I guess where I was going with this is I don't think Ottawa does either.
Oshawa is much better suited for a OHL Cup Run then either Ottawa or Kingston. -I do feel like they will battle through their off ice issue distraction and probably win the East.

P.S - I will take my $100 in one Brown Bill end of March :)

If we were to have a playoff discussion, it would likely have a different ending than a regular season division win discussion. The biggest issue for Ottawa from a playoffs perspective is the health of MacKenzie. Any chances Ottawa has start and end with him. End of story. He has the ability to win a series by himself if he is playing hot. He was one of the main reasons why the 67’s were in the division lead for so long.

I think North Bay and Oshawa re the two best suited playoff teams. I think their combination of offence and defence with strong goaltending is the key. Ottawa could poke their nose into that mix if they are healthy but Maillet has not proven to be productive at all in the Ottawa system. If he doesn’t get it together, Ottawa won’t be a three line team. Their chances diminish greatly.

Oshawa scares me a bit now. It is unlikely we see Lockhart the rest of the season. That is a big loss for them. He was driving their offence. They’ve had some injury issues that seem to be lingering with players playing hurt.

Sudbury is just terrible defensively. They give up so many goals. I don’t think you can play like that deep into the playoffs and be successful.

If I was forced to put $100 on the table for the Conference Champs, I would put it on North Bay. If the Standings are:

1> North Bay
2> Ottawa
3> Sudbury
4> Oshawa

…and those are the teams that win in round one, I think Ottawa beats Sudbury and North Bay beats Oshawa. If you flip North Bay and Sudbury in the 1/3 seeds, I think North bay beats Ottawa and Oshawa beats Sudbury.

I don’t think Mississauga is ready for the playoffs. Kingston needs to turn a corner to be a serious playoff team BUT if they do turn that corner, they likely won’t be a one series win team. They likely go to the Conference Final. If they are good enough o win round one, they are good enough to win round two because they’ll have managed to find a way to win and that will carry over.

Brantford and Oshawa will likely play round one. Brantford is good at home but Oshawa has the type of team that would be decent playing in the smaller rink. I don’t think they are as handicapped as a team like Ottawa in that rink.

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
To counter the Kingston 3rd worst in the east goal's against you could also make a case against Ottawa for having the 3rd worst goals for....
How is the team that struggles to score goals going to win the East? -this will be very difficult to accomplish without your star goalie.

2 teams with the complete opposite issues holding them down.
1 can't score enough.
1 lets others score to much...

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
To counter the Kingston 3rd worst in the east goal's against you could also make a case against Ottawa for having the 3rd worst goals for....
How is the team that struggles to score goals going to win the East? -this will be very difficult to accomplish without your star goalie.

2 teams with the complete opposite issues holding them down.
1 can't score enough.
1 lets others score to much...
It is typically easier to win with strong goal suppression because you are more successful in one goal games.

The one aspect many are not fully grasping is how odd this season is set up. We have a tendency of applying typical season arguments to this season. Those normal analytical arguments aren’t as meaningful this season.

The biggest thing I am pointing to for Ottawa is their strength of schedule. 8 of their last 13 games are against team at or below .500. If they do well over the next five games (2xNB, OSH, LDN and BAR), they should be in a very good position playing weak teams down the final stretch. I point to that more than anything.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
For the east division, I’ll take Brantford for $100.
Hamara + Sobelev + Lavoie - Donovan - VavVliet - Wray - Cheynowski = a better Bulldogs team?

I think we are starting to see both Brantford and Oshawa level out to being that .550 win% team that they should be.

We’ve seen Brantford struggle against the stronger teams like Sudbury, North Bay, Oshawa and Ottawa Going 2-4-1 against those teams since the calendar flipped. Their schedule gets a little tougher through the end of the season. 12 points in their last 10 games.

Oshawa is 2-3-2 vs the stronger teams since the calendar flipped. 11 points in their last 10 games.

Ottawa is 3-3-1 vs the strong teams since Jan 1. They have 15 points in their last 10 games. Ottawa is trending up while Oshawa and Brantford are stagnant and maybe even trending down a bit.

Brantford has played much better than expected but I am not sure they are a better team post-deadline than they were pre-deadline. I think because we expected them to drop a bit and they haven’t is making us look at them as being better than they are.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I think we are starting to see both Brantford and Oshawa level out to being that .550 win% team that they should be.

We’ve seen Brantford struggle against the stronger teams like Sudbury, North Bay, Oshawa and Ottawa Going 2-4-1 against those teams since the calendar flipped. Their schedule gets a little tougher through the end of the season. 12 points in their last 10 games.

Oshawa is 2-3-2 vs the stronger teams since the calendar flipped. 11 points in their last 10 games.

Ottawa is 3-3-1 vs the strong teams since Jan 1. They have 15 points in their last 10 games. Ottawa is trending up while Oshawa and Brantford are stagnant and maybe even trending down a bit.

Brantford has played much better than expected but I am not sure they are a better team post-deadline than they were pre-deadline. I think because we expected them to drop a bit and they haven’t is making us look at them as being better than they are.
Unsure of the actual number, but I think Brantford has bettered their W% by ~0.025 (0.590 to 0.615)? in about 5 weeks without their top scorer; I’m impressed.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Unsure of the actual number, but I think Brantford has bettered their W% by ~0.025 in about 5 weeks without their top scorer; I’m impressed.

Kinda weak schedule though. That’s what bothers me a bit.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Saginaw is 2 pts behind London; was Saginaw 0.500 to start November?
I place little value on what occurred before teams bought and/or sold. It remains to be seen just how good Saginaw, Sudbury, and NB get but they are no doubt loaded for a run. I am not awarding a championship to London.
That is your opinion you are entitled. We shall see.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
I agree, comparing Kingston this year to last year's Petes team is silly. However, you choose to use the win% to compare them. I think there is actually a decent shot that Kingston collects 23 points in their remaining 17 games to get to that .544 win%.

Although currently 4th last in the East by win %, Kingston has a whopping 9 of it's remaining 17 games against teams with a lower win % (ERI x2, FLNT, SAR, BAR, PBO x3, NIA). They basically have to finish their remaining schedule collecting 2/3 of the possible points. It has to be one of the easier remaining schedules of any team in the league.
100%.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
And you’re not very biased for Ottawa? Hypocritical don’t you think?
Here we go with the bias again. Nobody is the favourite for the division right now it’s a 3 way between brantford, Oshawa and Ottawa lol nobody is the CLEAR FAVOURITE. Everybody but you agrees with this.
If you watch and follow games there’s been several key suspensions and injuries lol. Just like at the start of the year too. The already weak defence missing burns, Holmes and Schmidt (their 3 best) is not going to be easy for kingston. To put into perspective that’s like Ottawa playing without Mayer, marelli and mews. You wouldn’t be the same team without those 3. Also not to mention 2 of the guys I mentioned on the fronts regularly quarterback the powerplay. Schmidt and holmes. There is 3 teams I see vying for the east final- Sudbury, north bay and Mississauga. Oddly enough 0 east division teams. Your opinion may be different but missisauga has good depth at forward, defence and have by far the best goaltending tandem in the east right now.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Brutal loss tonight. Outplayed them start to finish just like the barrie game. Stuzka played amazing. Good thing we got a point but definitely should’ve been 2.

Reactions: Section5Petes

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
And you’re not very biased for Ottawa? Hypocritical don’t you think?

Here we go with the bias again. Nobody is the favourite for the division right now it’s a 3 way between brantford, Oshawa and Ottawa lol nobody is the CLEAR FAVOURITE. Everybody but you agrees with this.

If you watch and follow games there’s been several key suspensions and injuries lol. Just like at the start of the year too. The already weak defence missing burns, Holmes and Schmidt (their 3 best) is not going to be easy for kingston. To put into perspective that’s like Ottawa playing without Mayer, marelli and mews. You wouldn’t be the same team without those 3. Also not to mention 2 of the guys I mentioned on the fronts regularly quarterback the powerplay. Schmidt and holmes. There is 3 teams I see vying for the east final- Sudbury, north bay and Mississauga. Oddly enough 0 east division teams. Your opinion may be different but missisauga has good depth at forward, defence and have by far the best goaltending tandem in the east right now.

I stand by my assessment. It is not biased at all. I’ve always been honest. Just because the team I cheer for is the beneficiary of my assessment doesn’t make it biased.

Oshawa lost tonight on Niagara. They are dropping.

The only two errors in judgement on my part so far post deadline is the ability of Sudbury to consistently out score their opponents while giving up a lot of goals and Brantford holding on and performing after making seller moves. I believe everything else I forecast has been accurate including Ottawa’s overall performance, even without MacK.

I’ve been accurate with Oshawa, Kingston, Peterborough, Mississauga, and North Bay. They’ve all pretty much followed the script so far.

Reactions: Section5Petes

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
Well. That sucked.

I thought the call the led to the first Petes' goal was a really soft post-whistle penalty, but after they scored the Petes' had an equally weak call that led to a PP that they couldn't convert.

I have no idea what to think about this team. It makes for no boring hockey but goddamn is it annoying when they lose what should be locked and loaded win games, but junior hockey is junior hockey.

I know sometime you get goalied and losses happen, but goddamn it feels like a letdown.

Oh well, at least Queen's has a decent team this year - oh wait they got swept in an upset by Concordia. Good thing I have the Leafs to hinge my hockey fandom on......

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
I know sometime you get goalied and losses happen, but goddamn it feels like a letdown.
I agree. They’ve been “goalied” twice in the past 7 days.

Feb 10th 46 shots on barrie. 3 goals.

Tonight 48 shots, 2 goals.

Both games they definitely should’ve won but some teams goalies play like prime hasek against us here and there LOL.

Stuzka has played pretty good against us all year. If he was on a better team he would be getting wins and have way better numbers. Very underrated goalie.

Reactions: OMG67
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad