Confirmed with Link: Kings Trade Carcillo to the Rangers for a Seventh Round Pick

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
The Kings have 23 healthy bodies in the lineup now with 3 goaltenders, 7 defensemen, and 13 forwards. Either someone is going on IR, someone is going to be reassigned to the minors, or another player is being moved soon.

Dawdler

Run to the Hills!!
Aug 2, 2005
I liked Carcillo on the Kings, so its sucks that he's gone, the Kings just had too many of the same player.

I guess its time to change the avatar.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
HORSE ****!!!! Are YOU ****ING KIDDING ME!!!! Carcillo was a POS... but he was our bat-**** crazy POS. Going to miss him... Have fun in New York!!!

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Looking in to reason why he's out of lineup now. It COULD be related but its far too early to assume that.

I was hoping that one of the lws was getting the promotion but im happy to get vey back. As far as the next roster move (to get Quick in the lineup) i think its pretty ovious Jones is going back down. ( unless dean has a move for scrivens up his sleve)

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I'm sure the timing of the deal, from Dean's perspective, is for activating Quick. Then once the goaltending situation is figured out, likely with sending Jones back down, then we will call up Vey.

KingKopitar11*

DL wouldn't do that until he has exhausted his options and no teams are left that could use him as a stopgap in the future. Who knows, someone might need a guy like him due to injury or something later down the line. There would be nobody to replace him anyhow and he is a good locker room presence. We just opened a spot for Vey, who else are we bringing up for Fraser's spot? No point in getting rid of him just to get rid of him.

I highly doubt they traded a winger to bring up a center.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Even if Vey were to come up, there's no guarantee that he'll start ahead of Lewis or Fraser, so, I wouldn't get your hopes up.

It's Sutter we're talking about here.

KingKopitar11*

I'm actually hoping Nic D is the call up. He can do some of the things the kings are lacking at this moment. He would help our pp i think.

He is possibly the best at puck possession and stick handling in Manchester.

I love how he skates and he has some sick dangles.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
He is possibly the best at puck possession and stick handling in Manchester.

I love how he skates and he has some sick dangles.

This is exactly why hes needed on our power play. Maybe there some way we can get vey and nic to play with toffoli on the pp. Young offensive talent with fresh legs all sounds like something that could work to me.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
I'm actually hoping Nic D is the call up. He can do some of the things the kings are lacking at this moment. He would help our pp i think.

Just a small tidbit I've been telling people - he goes by Nick now. Its not a huge deal or anything but he prefers it be spelled Nick.

He's still not good enough positionally. He'd get killed right now by Sutter the way he positions himself defensively sometimes.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Just a small tidbit I've been telling people - he goes by Nick now. Its not a huge deal or anything but he prefers it be spelled Nick.

He's still not good enough positionally. He'd get killed right now by Sutter the way he positions himself defensively sometimes.

thanks for the tidbit with my bad spelling it one thing i try to remember to get it right but if he wants to be nick its one less thing for me to remember and totally will spell it as nick from now on. :)

I think in limited action like most of his time on the pp he would help. This team needs a offensive spark and I'm really hopeing its him or Tanner.

KingKopitar11*

You mean back checking or what?

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Lame. I liked Carcillo from the very start, before people started liking him.

We should have gotten rid of Fraser, Frattin and Lewis before him. In that order as well.

Damn you Dean.

-10 Points for you.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
Fraser has no value as far as return, which may/may not be why he's still around. Lombardi does NOT like to lose guys without some kind of return.

same as Konopka yesterday. he's a waiver wire player at this point. many teams won't consider him, because they would use a young prospect in the same role. the same way LA wants space for Vey

Lewis may return some value for his D skills and PK, but i doubt anything above a 3rd rounder. i think we see Trevor the entire season and pray he isn't re-signed over the summer

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00