Confirmed with Link: Kings Trade Carcillo to the Rangers for a Seventh Round Pick

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
He started the year decent but then completely fell apart.

I assume this opens up the roster spot for Quick to be activated.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Should of been Fraser.

Any hate for Carcillo around here has to be based on his past NHL history. He didn't do anything stupid for LA and stepped up physically numerous times for teammates. More points than Lewis too.

Not a fan of this move. Not crying either but just saying he wasn't a problem.

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
I mean, of all our laughable bottom 6 players, I thought Carcillo was far from the worst

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
It was stupid to have Clifford and Carcillo both on the roster, if I had it my way it would have been Clifford being moved, but atleast DL has finally gotten rid of one of the Kings grinders, hopefully another one or two is gone soon in favor of some skill.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I'll miss the people who for some reason would make make lineups with "Car Bomb" on the left wing with Richards and Carter.

Those were fun.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
It was stupid to have Clifford and Carcillo both on the roster, if I had it my way it would have been Clifford being moved, but atleast DL has finally gotten rid of one of the Kings grinders, hopefully another one or two is gone soon in favor of some skill.

Hopefully he's part of a bigger move. Nolan pretty much cancels Clifford out, does the same job as him, if not better.

The next move should involve Scrivens heading elsewhere (Calgary maybe?) and them making Vey a permanent member of the roster. The PP seemed to be so much better when they had fresh faces on there and Vey can provide some creative playmaking.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Should of been Fraser.

Any hate for Carcillo around here has to be based on his past NHL history. He didn't do anything stupid for LA and stepped up physically numerous times for teammates. More points than Lewis too.

Not a fan of this move. Not crying either but just saying he wasn't a problem.

Exactly how I feel. So far Lombardi has ditched Ellerby and Carcillo for nothing. Not a fan of either of these moves to be honest.

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
I'll miss the people who for some reason would make make lineups with "Car Bomb" on the left wing with Richards and Carter.

Those were fun.

to be fair to those people, we do have to put 1 of our lw's on their line

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He started the year decent but then completely fell apart.

I assume this opens up the roster spot for Quick to be activated.

He kind of always started that way.

Clears the way for an addition down the line, or for someone from Manchester to stick. And: they don't have Carcillo anymore which in itself is a win.

Another thing I figured would happen when he was here was that he's such a dolt, that once he started getting passed around the league, more teams and players wouldn't want him on their team.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Am I the only one here who actually liked Carcillo?

I thought he was good for what he was, just redundant. I would have moved Clifford first though and used Carcillo as a stopgap for the rest of the season though or for Pearson and the like to move up; however, we don't know Clifford's actual value around the league. I am sure Dean doesn't want to give him up cheaply, but his value probably isn't too high right now.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I liked Carcillo. In my head I like to imagine that DL is trying to Moneyball Sutter out of redundant roster options :P

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
I love how some people exaggerate: "completely fell apart" lol.

Carcillo was solid all year, but if he's gonna continue being a HS under Sutter, we're better off trading him I suppose.

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
Guess this means Jones will stay for now after all. Or he's down and (hopefully) Vey comes up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad