Confirmed with Link: Kings Trade Carcillo to the Rangers for a Seventh Round Pick

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I love how some people exaggerate: "completely fell apart" lol.

Carcillo was solid all year, but if he's gonna continue being a HS under Sutter, we're better off trading him I suppose.

Exactly. I thought he played well for what his role was. Not a fan of this.

But we're on a losing streak, this team is garbage, and he needed to be traded!

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
Nic perhaps?

Perhaps, but I would assume vey is still first call. Then again he hasn't played on the the left that I can remember so nic could line up there. Play him with Richards/Williams or Stoll/Toffoli if it happened

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
time to make room for Quick, while getting some kind of return for the demotion/waiver player. surprised Danny didn't return at least a 4th-5th rounder to be honest, but the 7th is better than a stick in the eye.

it clears the redundancy of Clifford/Nolan/Carcillo situation, which is why the signing was puzzling to begin with. hey it netted Dean a 7th to work with

i was one of those that discussed skating him with Richards and Carter. he had a small amount of history with them and the guy gives 100% every time out there. he would have given them that down low physical presence to operate. anyone critical of that can go fly a kite, because what other existing option was there? there was none because Brown is AFK and there is a lack of a #1LW as it is. DB or King should be there, but King is up top and Dustin is stranded on Gilligan's Island. Clifford? Lewis? yeah right

now we sit and wait to see what else Dean has cooking

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Carcillo was exactly what those who saw his game is recent years knew he was, a 12th-13th forward that can be a pest who will take a few reputation penalties. What I'll never understand is why he was acquired in the first place considering our current roster. Oh well, it's no big loss, but I would have preferred to dump Fraser and Lewis first

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
his rep was his biggest problem, both on these boards and especially with the ref's, half of his penatlies were bullshot and he was usually hacked, slashed and roughed in an attempt to provoke him that I never saw them call, at least three others that should have been moved are still on the roster for no other reason than they were on the cup team, hope there are more moves coming Larry the left wing maybe, how much worse could he do

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
So

King-Kopitar-Carter
Clifford-Richards-Toffoli
Brown-Stoll-Williams
Nolan-Lewis-Frattin
Fraser

Wish it had been Clifford but hopefully him, Fraser and Frattin are next.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
his rep was his biggest problem, both on these boards and especially with the ref's, half of his penatlies were bullshot and he was usually hacked, slashed and roughed in an attempt to provoke him that I never saw them call, at least three others that should have been moved are still on the roster for no other reason than they were on the cup team, hope there are more moves coming Larry the left wing maybe, how much worse could he do

This too.

KingKopitar11*

Lol I can't believe we traded Carcillo before Fraser. Fraser is even more useless lol.

I guess this is the big trade we've all been waiting for.. Lol

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
So

King-Kopitar-Carter
Clifford-Richards-Toffoli
Brown-Stoll-Williams
Nolan-Lewis-Frattin
Fraser

Wish it had been Clifford but hopefully him, Fraser and Frattin are next.

remember when we had a good looking group of forwards, like 3 weeks ago. Those were the good days

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Carcillo came in and did what I expected,nothing too bad, but nothing too good either. Best of luck to the guy in NYC.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
I never understood why DL bought him to LA. They didn't another version of Clifford or Nolan. But of the lower level redundancy, I had the least objection to his play .
Fraser- don't get him at all but he's a Sutter favorite.

Last edited:

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Should of been Fraser.

Any hate for Carcillo around here has to be based on his past NHL history. He didn't do anything stupid for LA and stepped up physically numerous times for teammates. More points than Lewis too.

Not a fan of this move. Not crying either but just saying he wasn't a problem.

This X 100000000.

So many more worthless players than Carcillo on this team, and that's really saying something.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
I never understood why DL signed him. They didn't another version of Clifford or Nolan. But of the lower level redundancy, I had the least objection to his play .
Fraser- don't get him at all but he's a Sutter favorite.

I thought we acquired him from the Hawks for a conditional pick (5th?) in the summer? I don't think we signed him as a FA. I didn't mind him in the role he had but guys like him are a dime a dozen so no big deal in the end.

Some are wondering why Fraser is still here. Simply, as mentioned by someone in an earlier post, he holds zero trade value at the moment. Probably stays till the end of the season and leaves as a UFA.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
I'll miss the people who for some reason would make make lineups with "Car Bomb" on the left wing with Richards and Carter.

Those were fun.

Yeah, because the alternatives were sooooo much better :shakehead

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
I'm sure Lombardi is trying to pawn Fraser off to somebody. He knows Vey is ready to assume that 4th line center spot. I actually didn't mind Carcillo. Liked him more in the lineup than Fraser.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
At least Fraser wins more than 50% of his face-offs. Two 12th/13th type forwards, I'd rather keep the center too. Just for the heck of it.

It doesn't matter though. People can even find a way to complain about a guy that was traded that they didn't think should've been on the team in the first place, and didn't care if he was currently on the team today. Lombardi is an idiot for trading for him over others, and for trading him over others.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Carillio played the way i thought he would ok but i'm ok with him going because now all you clifford haters have one less thing you can say bad about him *( hes redundant) I wish him all the best in nyr :)

KingKopitar11*

Why are you guys so keen in trading Fraser, he has no trade value, you waive him and let someone pick him up for free. Like Konopka

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Guess this means Jones will stay for now after all. Or he's down and (hopefully) Vey comes up

I think this is exactly what happened. Dean moved a spare part to keep 3 goalies for a while. Once Quick is back in the lineup on a regular basis Jones will be sent down and Vey will return, or maybe Deslauriers will get a quick cup of coffee with the Kings. May as well see what we have in Deslauriers, and he can do everything Carcillo can do, and probably better.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Why are you guys so keen in trading Fraser, he has no trade value, you waive him and let someone pick him up for free. Like Konopka

DL wouldn't do that until he has exhausted his options and no teams are left that could use him as a stopgap in the future. Who knows, someone might need a guy like him due to injury or something later down the line. There would be nobody to replace him anyhow and he is a good locker room presence. We just opened a spot for Vey, who else are we bringing up for Fraser's spot? No point in getting rid of him just to get rid of him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad