Kings News: Kings resign Martinez 2 years 2.2 mil total

Captain Mittens*

Someone's gone unless DL wants the Kings to be able to do nothing at the deadline. The Kings cap will room be in six figures by the time this is over if there are no moves made.

I think Amart gets traded for a pick

Captain Mittens*

Why is everyone so sure Martinez is going to be traded? I think its pretty 50/50 between him and Muzzin right now.

Too many d men enough spots. And the Kings need cap flexibility. 1 mill now is 3 mill at the deadline

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Why is everyone so sure ANYONE on D gets traded? No one's going to claim Schultz or Ellerby. If they do, who cares? We lose a **** defenseman. I don't have a problem with that. I don't see either one of Muzz/Mart moving until the deadline or one clearly forces the other one out.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
Not trying to be dramatic, I'm not upset, and it's not even a huge issue but I thought Amart deserved Muzzin's contract at most and Muzz at MOST deserved $925K. Again, we're splitting hairs here but that's just my opinion. I'm ecstatic to have Alec back. Competition is a GREAT thing and hopefully him and Muzzin push each other to be better and whichever one of them plays, plays well.

You are right, you aren't splitting hairs. You're wrong.

;)

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Someone's gone unless DL wants the Kings to be able to do nothing at the deadline. The Kings cap will room be in six figures by the time this is over if there are no moves made.

But those moves will surely come from the defense and not the offense. Our only change up front is replacing Penner with Frattin. Re-signing Lewis, Clifford, and Nolan still only gives us 13 forwards unless one of our prospects (not counting Toffoli, who I included in the 13) steps up.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
You have 9 D now.

If Mitchell is not ready he goes on IR. that's 8

You then send Ellerby to Minors. Doubt anyone wants him. That's 7

Not complicated

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
odds are A-mart regains his touch, lets not forget he fractured his face and had a plate inserted then got injured again during a compressed season and just couldn't get going. so my guess is if anyone goes its Muzzin. the guys has the physical tools but lacks hockey sense and physicality for a big and im sure the return would be higher than Amart. just IMO

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
odds are A-mart regains his touch, lets not forget he fractured his face and had a plate inserted then got injured again during a compressed season and just couldn't get going. so my guess is if anyone goes its Muzzin. the guys has the physical tools but lacks hockey sense and physicality for a big and im sure the return would be higher than Amart. just IMO

Why are the odds in Martinez's favor?

Ron*

Wow, that's realllly cheap.

Not really, considering the horrid season he had.

But other issues may be going on here. The arbitrator might have decided in favor of Martinez, thereby making it more difficult to move him. Martinez himself may wish to be traded, as it has been reported that he feels he is unappreciated by Sutter and he won't play him.

A deal may have been struck between Martinez and DL in an almost sign-and-trade scenario (that doesn't happen in hockey, but its basically the same theoretical move).

In any event, it wouldn't be surprising to see him moved soon.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Because last season was his worst season. And he's been good before it. So the odds are in his favor to make a rebound.

Last season was his worst. The season before was his best.

Let me ask... do you think Dwight King will rebound next season? Because last season was his worst.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Can you imagine the carnage if we signed Scuderi to the 4 mil a year? How many players would we have had to dump on top of losing Richardson, Penner and such.

If just one of these defensemen steps up, we'll be in good shape both on the main squad and depth-wise.

Shellz

May 6, 2009
California
Not really, considering the horrid season he had.

But other issues may be going on here. The arbitrator might have decided in favor of Martinez, thereby making it more difficult to move him. Martinez himself may wish to be traded, as it has been reported that he feels he is unappreciated by Sutter and he won't play him.

A deal may have been struck between Martinez and DL in an almost sign-and-trade scenario (that doesn't happen in hockey, but its basically the same theoretical move).

In any event, it wouldn't be surprising to see him moved soon.

Well, he played fine for the Kings in the playoffs.

He didnt have a horrid season either. His injury took him out and no surprise he came back and was slow.

Hes a very solid second pair as far as I am concerned.

HolyShot*

I have a feeling that sutter wants to go with a big defense, hence why he scratched marty for muzzin last season. Also why DL brought in ellerby and schultz. Its actually a good idea cause we're losing size in penner and maybe losing size if brown isn't resigned so its good to have as big a team as possible. Although I really think marty is a top 4 d man and sutters making a huge mistake in not trying him there.

KingKopitar11*

I have a feeling that sutter wants to go with a big defense, hence why he scratched marty for muzzin last season. Also why DL brought in ellerby and schultz. Its actually a good idea cause we're losing size in penner and maybe losing size if brown isn't resigned so its good to have as big a team as possible. Although I really think marty is a top 4 d man and sutters making a huge mistake in not trying him there.

I'm sorry but that's a very very off speculation. They are on just to be extras. No other reason other than that. Not size or anything, and they aren't stupid to not resign brown.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad