Kings News: Kings resign Martinez 2 years 2.2 mil total

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Ha, I love it! Alec wanted to make sure that he got paid 100k more than Muzzin.

That leaves us with 9 legit dmen. Which one will be traded I wonder...

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Great news...and that leaves the Kings with 21 players signed with a little of 3 million left for Clifford and Lewis. I am going to assume Nolan is gone and Penner as well. And one of the 9 D...most likely.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
WillieM
RR
MG
DD
VV
JM
AM
KE
JS

This log jam is gonna give.

Smart signing. We now have a signed A Mart to move for a certain value if we want.

Keaton
Schultzy
A Mart

One will be moved and one sent down at least. Going to be interesting.

Marty got what he was looking for salary wise. Good deal.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Very good value. I'm still hoping we keep him. Doughty-Voynov-Reghr-Greene-Martinez-Muzzin is a very good top six, and hopefully Willie joins them. If he does, we're set and we can send down or press box Ellerby and Schultz.

I think Schultz and Ellerby are now for depth incase Willie's not ready to go at the start of the season, as we have carried 8 D before. If he i ready, one of them will be waived.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Funny that Dean preaches about every dollar counting and then slightly overpaying Muzz and Mart IMO. It's not much and I'm really not complaining but to me, he did overpay.

Very glad he's back though. Don't Setoguchi him. Don't be like that **** **** stain organization in San Jose. 8 D this year please.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Funny that Dean preaches about every dollar counting and then slightly overpaying Muzz and Mart IMO. It's not much and I'm really not complaining but to me, he did overpay.

Very glad he's back though. Don't Setoguchi him. Don't be like that **** **** stain organization in San Jose. 8 D this year please.

He overpaid Muzzin, not A-Mart. For a third contract, 2 years at that price without going through arbitration is pretty good.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011

I'm guessing the "every dollar counts" remark was to please Penner when they were still considering him?

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
He overpaid Muzzin, not A-Mart. For a third contract, 2 years at that price without going through arbitration is pretty good.

Not trying to be dramatic, I'm not upset, and it's not even a huge issue but I thought Amart deserved Muzzin's contract at most and Muzz at MOST deserved $925K. Again, we're splitting hairs here but that's just my opinion. I'm ecstatic to have Alec back. Competition is a GREAT thing and hopefully him and Muzzin push each other to be better and whichever one of them plays, plays well.

BallPointHammer

Los Angeles Kings - We're Back!
Oct 25, 2006
Maryland
There's no such thing as too many defensemen

Good deal!

AMart was off this past season, as were many players due to the lockout, injuries, fewer games and minutes to go around and less calendar time to let things play out. I think he is a decent player who plays within himself and is dependable. He could outplay Muzzin and is better than Schultz or Ellerby. Don't count him out.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Kings still have Lewis and Clifford to sign, so he might be the odd man out.

If we re-sign both of them, It'll be for under $2.5M total for SURE. With Alec back, we have $3.1M in space. So let's say those two DO sign for $2.5M total, we have $600K. But we need to move a D for SURE. No way we keep 9 D. Schultz makes the least at $700K. That bumps us up to at least $1.3M and we'd still need one forward. So we easily have room and cap space for Nolan. What it all comes down to is if we DO go with 8 D and if Pearson makes the team.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Someone's gone unless DL wants the Kings to be able to do nothing at the deadline. The Kings cap will room be in six figures by the time this is over if there are no moves made.

With teams having the ability to retain cap space, it makes the deadline a LOT easier. Sure you'll pay more but it's definitely easier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad