Kings News: Kings Re-sign Dustin Brown, 8 Years, $5.75M AAV

Status
Not open for further replies.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
So we get at least 3 more years of the core of the Cup winners together. Doughty, Brown, Richards, Carter, Quick, Kopitar, Voynov all signed for great cap hits. Pretty awesome.

Face Wash

Mar 17, 2002
Visit site
So we get at least 3 more years of the core of the Cup winners together. Doughty, Brown, Richards, Carter, Quick, Kopitar, Voynov all signed for great cap hits. Pretty awesome.

dont forget Greener. I think the guy who wears the "A" should also be thought if as a core player. gotta get him signed too.

Model62

Jul 14, 2012
Yay!

If you add my Yay! to this news and my Boo! to the other news (BOOO), I think you get "Yoo!"?

"Bay!"?

Oh I know. "Meh".

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
dont forget Greener. I think the guy who wears the "A" should also be thought if as a core player. gotta get him signed too.

True. The only thing about Greene is the back injury that kept him out this past season. Hopefully, he can bounce back this year.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Let's ask Sharks and Ducks fans what they think about our captain! Brilliant logic. Why don't you ask me what I think about that ***** Corey Perry? :shakehead

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
Always remember...

1000508_10151760243354239_3128516_n.jpg

We will NEVER forget.

He deserves every penny.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
A great signing.

Brown is rare breed.

Not only is he going to get you 20 + goals a year, he's also always top 5 in the league in hits and penalties drawn. Plus he almost never misses a game. That's great value right there.

Face Wash

Mar 17, 2002
Visit site
True. The only thing about Greene is the back injury that kept him out this past season. Hopefully, he can bounce back this year.

I'm sure that's what the concern is which is why you haven't heard anything about an extension for him but he played the last 9 playoff games and despite the team going 3-6 in those games he averaged a little under his normal 17-minute plus TOI average (15:30 TOI) and was a plus-3. And those were big games and very physical. He held up well.

I can see them looking at how he's doing in contact drills during camp and maybe the first 5-10 games and announcing a 3 or 4 year deal with him at between $3.25M & $3.75M. If he's healthy he's extremely valuable to this team. He's the most physical defenseman in the NHL and he's flat out mean to the opposition. Very tough guy to play against.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
Brown will likely be up there, but it will come after Blake's. I am sure Blake will likely have his name next to Robitaille's.

which makes zero sense to me. he and the team did nothing to warrant that kind of accolade during his stint(s) in LA. yes he was a bright spot during some dark years, but beyond that i can't see hanging his jersey.

in comparison Rogie, Marcel and Luc were also bright spots but they produced HOF credentials during their careers. Taylor imo most closely resembles Brown, a life long King that captained the team. the difference being that DB brought # of SC('s) during his career.

a Legends night yes, but not a jersey retirement. factor in the bad blood between Blake and long time fans and to me it is a no brainer. they may want to test the water first by having a Blake Legends night first. my guess is Rob will be welcomed with a chorus of boos.

Face Wash

Mar 17, 2002
Visit site
which makes zero sense to me. he and the team did nothing to warrant that kind of accolade during his stint(s) in LA. yes he was a bright spot during some dark years, but beyond that i can't see hanging his jersey.

in comparison Rogie, Marcel and Luc were also bright spots but they produced HOF credentials during their careers. Taylor imo most closely resembles Brown, a life long King that captained the team. the difference being that DB brought # of SC('s) during his career.

a Legends night yes, but not a jersey retirement. factor in the bad blood between Blake and long time fans and to me it is a no brainer. they may want to test the water first by having a Blake Legends night first. my guess is Rob will be welcomed with a chorus of boos.

If he gets into the HoF, his number's going up. I'm not a fan of how he left the team twice, but He was a great player for many years in this town. all HoFers who played most of their years in LA deserve consideration for number retirement.

FootKnight

This ****ing team
May 28, 2007
Before the 5th I was dreaming about $5M and hoping for less than 5.5. After the crazy that went down on the 5th, I was dreaming of 5.5 and hoping for less than 6. I like it.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Too much money for that long of term. These GMs can't help themselves, I can't wait for the next lockout.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
Too much money for that long of term. These GMs can't help themselves, I can't wait for the next lockout.

Yeah it really does suck not having to sign your captain for a long while....

Cap is going to rise again, it will be a bargain in a few years.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Yeah it really does suck not having to sign your captain for a long while....

Cap is going to rise again, it will be a bargain in a few years.

Lets just hope this contract doesn't include a NTC/NMC....what else would there to be to inspire him to play to his potential?

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
All those in favor.... :sarcasm:

I.

Do you hang out with said Ducks and Sharks fans . . .

_________

These are great...

@MayorsManor 1h
Dustin Brown – ‘We weren’t built to win the Cup just one year’

@DennisTFP 4h
"If i had an agent, we'd still be negotiating and still be far apart" - Kings Dustin Brown on repping himself.

Puck U

2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
Aug 2, 2005
Apple Valley, CA.
Brown will likely be up there, but it will come after Blake's. I am sure Blake will likely have his name next to Robitaille's.
wait, where's Blake? :sarcasm:
That is awesome. Save room for Quick and Kopitar though :)
Don't forget that the banners/numbers aren't hung on the wall anymore.

poor quality but :), MS Paint and done on the cheap & fast ;) ...
but,

BROWN23inRAFTERSWithOTHERS_zps14b5075c.png

there now everyone's happy ... except the DUCKS fans that sneaked into our Brotherhood ! KILL 'em ! :thumbd:

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Dennis Bernstein ‏@DennisTFP 4h

"If i had an agent, we'd still be negotiating and still be far apart" - Kings Dustin Brown on repping himself.

Brown's quote speaks volumes on how agents can completely mess up the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad