Kings News: Kings Re-sign Dustin Brown, 8 Years, $5.75M AAV

Status
Not open for further replies.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Dennis Bernstein ‏@DennisTFP 1m
BREAKING: League source tells TFP that LA Kings Dustin Brown long term extension likely be done by day's end.

I don't trust Bernstein but hopefully he's right. Lock him up long term. Then there's so many less question marks and we know a lot more about our cap going forward. Also, let it be cheap again.

Last edited by a moderator:

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Good. One less thing to worry about. I guess DB negotiating his own contract worked out pretty well.

To me, that means he wants what's fair. Agents are always going to fight for top dollar. Someone negotiating his own contract (to me) means they want to stay with the team at a price that both sides are happy with. I wonder how much that price is though. Gotta be over $5M.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
I'm going to wager 5-6 years at $4.5 million per year. I think he takes a discount to a degree. If a deal really is wrapped up this far ahead of when he turns into a UFA, I doubt DL just gave him market value. Only reason to jump on it now (other than the lack of a distraction angle) is to same some money.

Besides, contracts for guys like Voynov, Quick, etc. don't seem to indicate DL will be handing Brown $5.5 mill or more.

The real interesting point will be if he got a NMC/NTC at all, since DL seems allergic to those.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I don't know if the rumor is true or not, but I'd expect a max term contract for Brown, regardless of the price, which I would assume would fall in the $5 million range, +/- $500k.

I really really never want to see Brown in another uniform. Hopefully he retires a King and has a career aligned with Taylor's.

Face Wash

Mar 17, 2002
Visit site
I'm going to wager 5-6 years at $4.5 million per year. I think he takes a discount to a degree.
The real interesting point will be if he got a NMC/NTC at all, since DL seems allergic to those.

You do realize that's one HELL of a hometown discount (see Ryane Clowe who has 20 goals the last two seasons and a $4.85M deal). DB23's done the hometown discount thing once, he won't do it again to that degree. 6 yr/$5.75M or 8 yr/$5.25. If DL wants it lower than that, he better be willing to break with policy and give him an NMC of some length.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
You do realize that's one HELL of a hometown discount (see Ryane Clowe who has 20 goals the last two seasons and a $4.85M deal). DB23's done the hometown discount thing once, he won't do it again to that degree. 6 yr/$5.75M or 8 yr/$5.25. If DL wants it lower than that, he better be willing to break with policy and give him an NMC of some length.

Both of these would be just fine.

Captain Mittens*

If I am right, Face Wash stole my answer
If I am wrong, Face Wash makes bad predictions and he is no longer going to be my fortune teller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad