Prospect Info: Kings Prospects in the CHL/College

Status
Not open for further replies.

USE Fi

Sep 20, 2007
Home
Kärpät lost their first game 2-3 after overtime. Kupari played 16:36 7th most minutes of all forwards. He took 12 faceoffs won 7 (58,3%) was -1 took 2 shot on goal.

Reactions: King Trouty

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Perhaps Södergran is the darkhorse of this season.

His junior numbers werent too bad at all but no points with the pro’s last year.

Perhaps he has turned a switch.

I must admit I didn't follow Linköping very closely last season, but junior players rarely get huge roles in SHL in general and Linköping in particular - especially forwards. They typically land 4th line minutes (generational talents aside), working on their overall game and chipping in a few points here and there. Even Jakub Vrana only had 3 points in 24 games his draft year.

At least to start the season, he's on a middle six line with Lycksell (sixth round pick of the Flyers last year) and Adam Brodecki, who's 23. If he manages .4 to .5 PPG along with using his size well, in a pro league the calibre of the SHL in his draft+1 year, you should be excited, imho. Anything above is hunky dory. Of course it might not end up meaning anything, but with a 6th rounder, there's little to lose. I don't know if you have many Swedish fans or others who follow the SHL who can give you updates, but I might chime in if I notice anything spectacular.

Edit: 4th liner might even be generous at times. Often they'll dress but not play at all or get 2-5 minutes of ice time as the extra forward. And you might want to check in on the Flyers' thread for Lycksell for related updates, they have a guy who seems to follow SHL closely. Lycksell is a year ahead in development, but as long as they're on the same line, their progress will obviously be tied to each other.

Last edited:

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
9/20 games:

Owen Sound (Phillips, Dudas) @ Barrie

Who knows if they will play, as they were just assigned yesterday.

For reference, here is the full list of players I intend on tracking.
Jaret Anderson-Dolan
Cole Kehler (if sent back)
Matt Villalta
Akil Thomas
Aidan Dudas
Markus Phillips
Jacob Ingham
Rasmus Kupari
Gabe Vilardi (should they opt to send him back)
Drake Rymsha (if sent back)

This is my source for knowing who is in the org as of now:
Los Angeles Kings at eliteprospects.com

Last edited:
Reactions: King Trouty and LB

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Södergran with 2 goals (including what's currently the GWG) after 46 minutes against his team's biggest rivals, it's now 5-1. Couldn't catch this game either, but I'll pop in with the highlights for you guys later (or you can find them on shl.se).

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Södergran with 2 goals (including what's currently the GWG) after 46 minutes against his team's biggest rivals, it's now 5-1. Couldn't catch this game either, but I'll pop in with the highlights for you guys later (or you can find them on shl.se).

Appreciate all the SHL updates!!!

Sodergran is going off, he looked good at camp, but still surprised to see 3 goals in 2 games!

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
9/20 games:

Owen Sound (Phillips, Dudas) @ Barrie

Who knows if they will play, as they were just assigned yesterday.

For reference, here is the full list of players I intend on tracking.
Jaret Anderson-Dolan
Cole Kehler (if sent back)
Matt Villalta
Akil Thomas
Aidan Dudas
Markus Phillips
Jacob Ingham
Rasmus Kupari
Gabe Vilardi (should they opt to send him back)
Drake Rymsha (if sent back)

This is my source for knowing who is in the org as of now:
Los Angeles Kings at eliteprospects.com

Pretty sure Kehler if ticketed for the Manchester Monarchs should Budaj clear waivers.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
As promised, highlights for Södergran and Linköping (his are the second and fifth goals for LHC):

Linköping HC - HV71

Quick translation of the interview towards the end:

"Hockey involves a lot of ups and downs, and at the moment things are going pretty well. The efficiency is there, which you can't take for granted, so I guess I'll have to enjoy it while it lasts."

I typically enjoy the live commentary over recap commentary for goals even if I don't understand the language. Here's the first goal "live":

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad