Prospect Info: Kings Prospects in the CHL/College

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Playing goalie in the CHL is actually really hard. I've always found that it's difficult to evaluate netminders in the CHL.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Sucks there's no team to root for in the Memorial Cup with Kings' prospects.

Adopt Matt Luff’s former club, Hamilton!

He was at the game today so I had a quick chit chat with him. Hardest thing for him to adjust to was the travel in the AHL.

Enjoyed his linemates this year with their wealth of experience in the pro game.

Also mentioned the fan support in Ontario was really good. Something like 8k in season tickets which is impressive.

Last edited:

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
Since seemingly everybody except JAD, Phillips and Villalta is graduating from Juniors, Jacob Ingham, Akil Thomas and Aidan Dudas will be at the forefront of the Kings CHL pool. We'll see if Rymsha and Moverare go back for their OA seasons.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Since seemingly everybody except JAD, Phillips and Villalta is graduating from Juniors, Jacob Ingham, Akil Thomas and Aidan Dudas will be at the forefront of the Kings CHL pool. We'll see if Rymsha and Moverare go back for their OA seasons.

And Rymsha doesn't have a contract yet...........

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
Mikey Anderson had a good performance in the summer showcase yesterday, was recognized as player of the game for his team.

Not Kings related, but prospect related, Team USA for WJC in December looks to be pretty loaded, with Quinn Hughes (and brother Jack, though he is apparently staying in the USNTDP) returning to Michigan and Brady Tkachuk apparently leaning toward returning to BU, along with teammate Joel Farabee, and Oliver Wahlstrom at BC.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
This is a little bit late, but Canada is playing Finland in the World Junior summer showcase on NHL network. Anderson-Dolan (17) and Rasmus Kupari (34) are playing. Its about halfway through the 3rd period, 3-2 Canada

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Kings ranked 24th.

Blurb:
The re-tool in Los Angeles has been pretty deliberate, but the Kings all of a sudden own a couple of quality pieces that form a sturdy foundation for the future. Center Gabe Vilardi shook off an early-season injury to become the OHL's best player in the second half, and Finnish pivot Rasmus Kupari has Vilardi's creativity while owning excellent speed and agility. Defense always has been a Kings' hallmark, and both Kale Clague and Mikey Anderson have just scratched the surface of their top-pairing potential

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
For those of you interested, Pronman, who is one of the guys whose feedback I trust most with prospects, is doing an NHL farm system rankings countdown from 31 to 1 at the Athletic. He's now all the way from 31 to 13 and STILL no sign of the Kings, which means he has them at least top 12. That's shocking even to me so I'm looking forward to his evaluation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->