Post-Game Talk: Kings @ Preds 7:00 PM - Christmas Party Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
How many lines can Arvy play on? And by this analysis are you going to give limited minutes to Smith, Forsberg, Wilson, basically anyone not named Neal because they aren't finishing? You can't play Arvy and Neal every shift or every other shift. Lots of guys aren't finishing. If Fiala was out there lost and not doing anything that's one thing but when he's making plays and the puck isn't falling, you can't punish that. Also, having Fiala with Forsberg and Johansen spreads the scoring out too. You have three lines that can produce goals, although they didn't tonight. Better to have it spread around then load up on one line.

I don't mind Fiala getting ice time just rather him on the second or third line than the first line and then build his way up to the first line w/ more experience. Seemed to me like he was on the first line with the playing time he got. If I'm wrong and he wasn't on the first line then I apologize.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
That sucked.

Fiala and Arvidsson were buzzing.

I feel like we didn't play terrible, but LA just clamped down on us defensively and Budaj was great. Then the 2 quick goals just sucked the life out of us and it was all over.

I did not like how we just let their players walk in on us. We are still giving up too much room to other teams players. And letting players camp out in Pekka's crease with no resistance, I'd like to see a Predator flatten an opposition player at least once during a scramble in the crease.

Lol, the "thanks Paul" for the "last minute to play in regulation" sounded like "thank god!".

There have been games I have attended where that is exactly what I said with one minute left..

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
I don't mind Fiala getting ice time just rather him on the second or third line than the first line and then build his way up to the first line w/ more experience. Seemed to me like he was on the first line with the playing time he got. If I'm wrong and he wasn't on the first line then I apologize.

We roll 4 lines with the top 3 getting more lines when we're needing more offense. Arvy gets PK and PP time that Fiala doesn't get so he's getting anywhere from 2-4 more minutes a night is my guess. With the regular line rotations they'll get about the same minutes. Like I said, having Arvy split with Neal and Fisher keeps our offense spread out a bit. Arvy's production will not suffer from being on a line with these two and I don't really perceive our lines in the traditional line 1, 2 and 3 sense. I think you could make an argument that the Fisher or Joey line is our number 1 line, sort of like a 1a, 1b situation and the Ribeiro line is our 3rd line. And I say this even though it's shown on TV differently.

And the experience part, if the kid has the talent to play on that line, experience shouldn't matter. If he's doing all that he needs to be doing he'll be fine. I've never been one to say a guy with experience should get more time than a guy with more talent. Talent trumps experience IMO.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
True talent trumps experience but that talent needs to score goals. Guess I'll give Fiala more time and see.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
He's got the same amount of goals as Forsberg and in less games. Just saying.

Well this has been an off year for Forsberg though. Definitely a slump year for him. Like I said, I'll give Fiala a chance though and see what he can do as he is still very young and has room for growth and seems to be getting better/is looking alot better than last year.

Last edited:

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
This team is going nowhere except golfing in April. :shakehead

Hey we still have PK Subban :) With him I think we can get into the wild card spot but just barely but if we make it to the playoffs don't think we will get very far though.

Last edited:

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
Org been here for almost 20 years. No conference, no division, no prez, no banner of any kind. That's all.

I need to relax. Good things come to those who wait.

I expect the second 20 to be better as we're well passed the expansion phase.

Last edited:

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Never been more glad to have totally forgotten there was a game tonight...

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
How many lines can Arvy play on? And by this analysis are you going to give limited minutes to Smith, Forsberg, Wilson, basically anyone not named Neal because they aren't finishing? You can't play Arvy and Neal every shift or every other shift. Lots of guys aren't finishing. If Fiala was out there lost and not doing anything that's one thing but when he's making plays and the puck isn't falling, you can't punish that. Also, having Fiala with Forsberg and Johansen spreads the scoring out too. You have three lines that can produce goals, although they didn't tonight. Better to have it spread around then load up on one line.

Spot on- Fiala needs more ice time, not less. He keeps playing like he did tonight and the rewards will come

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Well this has been an off year for Forsberg though. Definitely a slump year for him. Like I said, I'll give Fiala a chance though and see what he can do as he is still very young and has room for growth and seems to be getting better/is looking alot better than last year.

Well, glad you are willing to give him another chance. :shakehead

Jeez- the kid is 20 years old and getting his first regular playing time in the NHL. He is doing just fine..

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Just got home from the dreaded 6 hour round trip, and watched the 2nd goal for the first time since seeing it live at the arena.

I am in no way trying to defend Rinne here, and maybe I am nuts, but after watching the replay I still have no idea how the heck that shot went in.

I really think Dowd could take that shot again 100 times and it probably would never go in.

And on the Carter goal I have no idea what in the heck we were doing out there. We had absolutely no one on an entire side of the ice, and we managed to get that far out of position in about 4 seconds. Unreal.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Although I liked Fiala's hussle and him generating plays (he was the best looking player out there tonight), until he's able to finish think we should give him less minutes and give more ice time to Arvidsson or other players as playing well and looking great still doesn't help us if it doesn't end up resulting w/ goals on the board. Once he gets better and can finish then I'm fine w/ him getting more ice time or on the top line.

And Wilson/Smith can deserve more? They have been floating out there for some time. Fiala is getting his chances. I think like Forsberg though, he is trying to hard. Keeps shooting it over and wide.

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
I left after the second goal and before I could even get to the stairs I could hear that they scored again.

Nothing went right tonight.

Sometimes I wonder if we'll ever see any kind of championship in this town.

Sure something went right. That was the fastest I've ever gotten out of the arena and downtown after a Preds game! Remarkable! And it reinforced my decision to skip season tickets this year. Feel pretty good about that decision. You guys are such Debbie Downers. There are some things to feel good about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad