Post-Game Talk: Kings @ Preds 7:00 PM - Christmas Party Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Lol. Jesus these are the games that make the drive home painful. Why wait until the 3rd to completely crap the bed?

Also, our offense is so maddingly inconsistent.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Pekka what has become of you?

Peks and team seem to get easily unfocused and rattled when he gives up a goal that he/the team ends up giving up another goal quickly after that. Seems to happen alot lately this year.

Last edited:

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I'm so tired of this team. Probably the most frustrating Preds team we've ever had.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
I'm so tired of this team. Probably the most frustrating Preds team we've ever had.

Not the most frustrating Preds team. We have had worse but definitely the most inconsistent team this year, especially w/ the talent we have on this team. Seems like we either score alot of goals in a game or can't score at all or give up goals and not a whole lot in between.

Last edited:

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
What is frustrating though is when it's a big game on the line and a chance to move up in the standings we fail to win.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
When you're down 1-0 and your goalie gives up a soft goal it kills any sort of momentum your team is trying to build. Rinne has to keep us in the game at that point and he didn't. Yeah, we need to score but when you watch your goalie give up a softie it deflates you as a player.

Notice our inconsistencies as a team revolve around Rinne's inconsistencies?

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
When you're down 1-0 and your goalie gives up a soft goal it kills any sort of momentum your team is trying to build. Rinne has to keep us in the game at that point and he didn't. Yeah, we need to score but when you watch your goalie give up a softie it deflates you as a player.

Notice our inconsistencies as a team revolve around Rinne's inconsistencies?

Regardless, you have got to score some goals.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
What I have noticed is that we keep on giving up early goals in the first few minutes of the first or the beginning of the first which needs to stop; Having to always play catch up is frustrating. Really like to see us start playing better in the first period.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Regardless, we played well for 2 periods. Well, at least Fiala played.

Brutal schedule next week, MIN, CHI and STL come to visit. Better wake up before then.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Although I liked Fiala's hussle and him generating plays (he was the best looking player out there tonight), until he's able to finish think we should give him less minutes and give more ice time to Arvidsson or other players as playing well and looking great still doesn't help us if it doesn't end up resulting w/ goals on the board. Once he gets better and can finish then I'm fine w/ him getting more ice time or on the top line.

Last edited:

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
That sucked.

Fiala and Arvidsson were buzzing.

I feel like we didn't play terrible, but LA just clamped down on us defensively and Budaj was great. Then the 2 quick goals just sucked the life out of us and it was all over.

I did not like how we just let their players walk in on us. We are still giving up too much room to other teams players. And letting players camp out in Pekka's crease with no resistance, I'd like to see a Predator flatten an opposition player at least once during a scramble in the crease.

Lol, the "thanks Paul" for the "last minute to play in regulation" sounded like "thank god!".

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Although I liked Fiala's hussle and him generating plays (he was the best looking player out there tonight) until he's able to finish think we should give him limited minutes and give more ice time to Arvidsson.

How many lines can Arvy play on? And by this analysis are you going to give limited minutes to Smith, Forsberg, Wilson, basically anyone not named Neal because they aren't finishing? You can't play Arvy and Neal every shift or every other shift. Lots of guys aren't finishing. If Fiala was out there lost and not doing anything that's one thing but when he's making plays and the puck isn't falling, you can't punish that. Also, having Fiala with Forsberg and Johansen spreads the scoring out too. You have three lines that can produce goals, although they didn't tonight. Better to have it spread around then load up on one line.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
I left after the second goal and before I could even get to the stairs I could hear that they scored again.

Nothing went right tonight.

Sometimes I wonder if we'll ever see any kind of championship in this town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad