Pre-Game Talk: Kings in Ottawa, Tues. 7:30 pm on TSN/RDS

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I'm surprised White wasn't sent down to bingo the second he was cleared for contact. Do they plan of having him jump right into the sens lineup with no game action since pre-season?

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I'm surprised White wasn't sent down to bingo the second he was cleared for contact. Do they plan of having him jump right into the sens lineup with no game action since pre-season?

Maybe they are desperate enough since there isn't anything in Bingo worth calling up at this point. I think the original plan was to have White in the AHL, but with Bobby and Zack hurt, that has changed.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Maybe they are desperate enough since there isn't anything in Bingo worth calling up at this point. I think the original plan was to have White in the AHL, but with Bobby and Zack hurt, that has changed.

Certainly a possibility. Maybe we try Brown on the wing in the top 6 if Burrows doesn't work out seeing as Boucher et co don't see it as wingers and centermen, rather F1, F2, F3.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia
If he is what we all hope he is, then he can handle the load. Not expect hatty from him, just 5-7 minutes with some PP.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Did I really just see on Twitter that Nate Thompson got moved onto the line with Turris and Hoff is playing with Pageau and Pyatt??

#FREEtheHOFF

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Did I really just see on Twitter that Nate Thompson got moved onto the line with Turris and Hoff is playing with Pageau and Pyatt??

#FREEtheHOFF
Thompson pretty much playing for Smith though that line will probably be juggled around depending on how the young guys play

Boucher likes to put high end talent on each of the top 3 lines

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
I was kind of hoping Brown might get a look with Brass and Stone.

Bit of a reach, but the kid has the top 6 potential and an honest look with other top 6 players would let you know where he is.

Ryan has been a playmaking catalyst on that line with his passing and that's something Brown could offer given it's a strength of his.

Burrows has played better this year IMO, but he's still a bottom 6 player.

Brown-Brass-Stone
Hoff-Turris-Dzingel
Burrows-Pageau-Pyatt

That would have been what I put out.

Reactions: danielpalfredsson

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
So what's the plan here? Boro in no contact jersey, Harpur sent back to the ville , White supposedly not playing

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
I was kind of hoping Brown might get a look with Brass and Stone.

Bit of a reach, but the kid has the top 6 potential and an honest look with other top 6 players would let you know where he is.

Ryan has been a playmaking catalyst on that line with his passing and that's something Brown could offer given it's a strength of his.

Burrows has played better this year IMO, but he's still a bottom 6 player.

Brown-Brass-Stone
Hoff-Turris-Dzingel
Burrows-Pageau-Pyatt

That would have been what I put out.

Pageau has always seemed to have nice chemistry with Stone, why not this:

Pageau-Brass-Stone
Hoff-Turris-Dzingel
Burrows-Thompson-Pyatt
DiDo - Brown - ??? (we all know its gonna be McCormick)

I would love to see Brown up higher, but GB doesn't.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I haven't been that impressed with Burrows so far this year.

Basically he's stood in front of the net on a few of our goals.

This is his big chance I guess.

I'm thinking Boucher is desperately trying to keep three lines of offence going but the cracks are showing.

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

My twitterbox is sadly broken, no clue what you linked...

Pageau has always seemed to have nice chemistry with Stone, why not this:

Pageau-Brass-Stone
Hoff-Turris-Dzingel
Burrows-Thompson-Pyatt
DiDo - Brown - ??? (we all know its gonna be McCormick)

I would love to see Brown up higher, but GB doesn't.

I think the first goal is to try and maintain the chemistry we have on the other lines, hence not wanting to take Pageau off his line.

I haven't been that impressed with Burrows so far this year.

Basically he's stood in front of the net on a few of our goals.

This is his big chance I guess.

I'm thinking Boucher is desperately trying to keep three lines of offence going but the cracks are showing.

Underlying numbers are quite good for Burrows this year (at or near the top on our team in CF%, SCF%, and HDCA%), and he doesn't appear to be particularly sheltered. He's also had a few particularly strong games imo (1st game in Vancouver, I though he was good against NJD too).

Not my first pick (was hoping Brown, as I think he's our closest match to Ryan in terms of skillset), but I think we could do worse.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Boro in.

Today in no-contact jersey, tomorrow in the lineup. No respect for the guy. Let him heal up properly ffs.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
What's the plan with DiDo?

He only received 5m of ice time last game, does management see him as a possible 3rd/4th liner?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
What's the plan with DiDo?

He only received 5m of ice time last game, does management see him as a possible 3rd/4th liner?
5 minutes! Sounds like we got another blue chip prospect to me. That's more than White got in his last (playoff) game!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad