Prospect Info: Kings 7th Round Pick #191 - Dominik Kubalik

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I don't have high hopes for Dergachyov coming over. Doubt he'll want to spend the likely-needed time in the AHL/development vs. what he could make in the best league at home.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
The Kings had some good luck drafting Voynov, because he was willing to come to North America immediately.

Based on recent experience, I wouldn't waste any more picks in the first three or four rounds on Russian players.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
The Kings had some good luck drafting Voynov, because he was willing to come to North America immediately.

Based on recent experience, I wouldn't waste any more picks in the first three or four rounds on Russian players.

for some reason the Russian players don't seem too fond of being drafted by the Kings let alone coming over to play for them... The biggest difference is that I believe Blake and Co. will tell these guys (Prokhorkin, Kubalik, Dergachyov) that spots are open for the taking and that its up to them to seize them, whereas DL and Co. believed that these guys had to put in their dues in the AHL before sniffing the NHL...

I think Blake is trying to get Voynov stateside to play next season, while he also has done his HW on Kubalik and Prokhorkin. It would surprise me to see 2/3 come over, I for one would love to see a skilled guy like Porks or Kubalik on the LW of one of our lines.

Voynov - As most already know, would face a stiff suspension from the NHL and the cost to the LA Kings brand/image could be significant. With that said, they would be acquiring an instant top 4 defenseman on a bargain deal(Kings still hold his rights ??). would allow the team to trade Muzzin or Martinez if not both for younger, ELC players. Age:28

Kubalik - He seems to have blossomed into a sniper with a wicked shot and a near NHL ready body(I think he was 160lbs when drafted). Could be a nice addition to our 3rd line possibly alongside Michael Amadio. Age:22

Prokhorkin - He wouldn't be eligible to come stateside until 2019, but would only be 25YO. The kid is a very, very good player with Frolov like puck possession but a much better passer. Big, strong kid who could help a ignite a Kings offense that seems to have been struggling since the Ziggy Palffy days.

I know its a long shot of a dream but all 3 of those guys could help this team out especially the Russians.

Reactions: KingTrouty and Albi

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Voynov could be suspended for an entire season. He has not been punished by the NHL for his conviction in the US. The NHL to make a statement would certainly do so. You can't count on Slava playing the same year he applies for re-entry into the NHL.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Voynov could be suspended for an entire season. He has not been punished by the NHL for his conviction in the US. The NHL to make a statement would certainly do so. You can't count on Slava playing the same year he applies for re-entry into the NHL.
I’m not, I’m just entertaining the idea of having more assets.. or players who are plug in ready

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC
Geez, how much can the guy get punished? He already sat out the rest of 2014. I definitely not condoning his actions, but he plead guilty of a misdemeanor and finished his jail time. I guess Bobby Hull is lucky he isn’t playing today, he’d have a lifetime suspension.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Geez, how much can the guy get punished? He already sat out the rest of 2014. I definitely not condoning his actions, but he plead guilty of a misdemeanor and finished his jail time. I guess Bobby Hull is lucky he isn’t playing today, he’d have a lifetime suspension.

He didn't finish his jail time, as I understand correctly. He self-deported prior to sentencing.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
He didn't finish his jail time, as I understand correctly. He self-deported prior to sentencing.

Slava served his criminal sentence in a private jail. He self-deported himself before his immigration hearing to determine whether he would be involuntarily removed from the US.

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
Yup, regular season is over already.

HC Ambri-Piotta play 3 more games to stay in the highest league.

Begging your pardon, but I do believe it's 2 more games after today. AIUI, they're actually playing a game as I type this. So, after March 24th, Kubalik's fate becomes .....well..... subject to whomever best understands the NHL rules regarding whether or not he's still King's property..... I know not......

BallPointHammer

Los Angeles Kings - We're Back!
Oct 25, 2006
Maryland
It's ironic how Voynov was the poster boy for the Kings drafting and development program then self destructed and now the three current eastern Europeans (two Russians and one Czech) could have been very valuable prospects but have instead fumbled around with their development and chances of playing in the NHL.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Maybe they can still get Bud Holloway and Oscar Moller back into the fold.

Personally, I’m still waiting for Andrei Shefer’s arrival.
Bud Holloway , people are sleeping on him , he will pot 50 goals first season.

Albi

Nov 24, 2004
Claro - Switzerland
I’m an Ambri Piotta fan, and we are playing against Kloten in the playout final, leading the series 3-1. If we’ll win game5 on Thursday, season will be over.

Since coming over from Czech Republic, Kubalik has been an effective player. He’s got a wicked one-timer, but he’s also a very underrated passer, and he makes his linemates better players. He can definitely skate, plays a sound defensive game, and he’s probably our best PKer. Sometimes he’s a bit inconsistent, but he has NHL potential. I’m curious to see if he’ll be at the Kings training camp next year, in my opinion another season in Switzerland, which has a very competitive league, might be better for his development.

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com
Some of Kubalik's plays from yesterday's CZE-SVK game at Worlds. Ha was named the best player for CZE. (1+1)

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Again, will this guy ever play for the Kings?
I think the chances of that are slim.

I'm not sure if he has a deal in place with a Euro team next season. If he doesn't I think he'll get offers from NHL clubs including the Kings.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
I think the chances of that are slim.

I'm not sure if he has a deal in place with a Euro team next season. If he doesn't I think he'll get offers from NHL clubs including the Kings.
Yeah its remote. And if he does sign an NHL deal look at a Euro heavy roster to sign him like Vegas did with former Kings prospect Hyka.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad