Kinda playing for your Chicago Blackhawks: #86, Teuvo "Turbo" Teravainen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
/\ which would have been great if he hadn't prefixed it with " “I don’t know, I’m just living day by day here,”

To not tell this kid what they are planning for him rings as quite familiar. I have no problem with easing a 19-year old into the line-up, but there's ne excuse for keeping him in the dark. If Hawks aren't sure of their plans themselves, just tell him so.

Seems to me that's exactly what they told him, since that's what they have said publicly and that's what TT has said.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Or perhaps he knows and he's been told not to disclose anything to the media/public by the organization. And if they aren't sure of the plans themselves, maybe they've told him just that; that they don't know. In turn, he's not going to know anything either when asked about it. I think it's a reach, much like the theory of some dressing room rift.

there's a rift?

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Just like the Stalberg benching last spring, the usual parties are drawing lines and bashing Q/Stan on hearsay and speculation while the other side takes throw away media sound bites and drawing their own conclusions.

I'll let the situation play out and let the kid turn twenty before I jump to any conclusions about how the organization is handling TT.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
/\ which would have been great if he hadn't prefixed it with " “I don’t know, I’m just living day by day here,â€

To not tell this kid what they are planning for him rings as quite familiar. I have no problem with easing a 19-year old into the line-up, but there's ne excuse for keeping him in the dark. If Hawks aren't sure of their plans themselves, just tell him so.

Hammer, meet nail

Easton Modano Curve

Jun 19, 2013
Chicago
Here's a 19 year old coming overseas and he already seems a tad bewildered. At least they could communicate with the poor kid, but no, Q and Hawks don’t play games with their players.

Don't see how you can evaluate communication between Q and TT from anything said in the media.

1) Hawks athletes and coaches are trained by media relations (thank you McD) to give ambiguous answers. TT is handling the media great for a 19 year old. Personally love Kaner the best with the media, you can totally tell he's BSing. :laugh:

2) Is coach Q telling TT what games he's suiting up for days in advance what determines good communication between a coach and players? Personally, I'd define a good communicator as someone who articulates an individual's strengths, weakness, and areas for improvement and the team system in a way the player can understand. Unless you're in the locker room or on the ice at practice I'd find it hard to evaluate Q's communication with TT…for better or worse.

3) This is the best professional hockey league in the world, every rostered player should be ready to play whenever his number is called. An NHL coach does not need to hand out a weekly work schedule, as a professional athlete you work 365 days a year, not 82. You work everyday, whether you are in the lineup or not. You prepare everyday whether you are in the lineup or not.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I agree with most of that, but there's an exception between a standout college player and a 19 year old kid that just single handedly led his team to WJC Gold. Keeping him in the loop while telling him what to say publicly is on thing. Playing games with him and telling him to be ready when called upon is another.

I won't offer an opinion into what's actually going on because I don't know. But for either side to call the other totally wrong based on anything other than circumstantial evidence is just wrong.

Hawkscap

Jan 22, 2007
3) This is the best professional hockey league in the world, every rostered player should be ready to play whenever his number is called. An NHL coach does not need to hand out a weekly work schedule, as a professional athlete you work 365 days a year, not 82. You work everyday, whether you are in the lineup or not. You prepare everyday whether you are in the lineup or not.

Unless you are Q and Ben Smith is last year's Stanley Cup finals.

SLarmer28*

Funny, I hardly seen Bickell show up to work at all this season. If Bickell is not going to contribute offensively, the phrases "back check" and "shot block" needs to be incorporated into a winger's vocabulary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad