Rumor: Khokhlachev is going back to Russia

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
If I were him I'd at least attend camp, being that he's waiver elligible. If he doesn't make the Bruins and the other other 29 teams all pass on him, then he can go to Europe.

Scruffy

Jun 18, 2009
Bawstin
Spooner was almost trade, Boston was lucky Buffalo decided to decline the deal, Murray got too greedy. He only got a chance because Krejci got hurt.

Yup, I think it was Spooner and a 2nd for a rental of Chris Stewart. Thank you buffalo for not making that trade.

Koko deserved a shot but if he doesn't play defense then Claude was never giving him a shot. There's no room for an offense only player in Claude's system.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Is this the kid that was angry at management for telling him they will give him a roster spot if he just stays patient in like 2014? Or am I thinking of someone else?
He did this the 1st day of training camp this past year..

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Kid could have been worth a NHL ready D prospect in February. Now he is worth nothing.

Good asset management.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Kid could have been worth a NHL ready D prospect in February. Now he is worth nothing.

Good asset management.

You know this is a random rumour right? I wouldn't get too excited just yet

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Curious if Boston would be willing to trade Koko for Beau Bennett.

Bennett has a lot of skill in his game but can't seem to stay healthy. Koko is all but done in Boston and may bolt back to Russia.

Boston doesn't lose him for free and gains a good player when healthy, Penguins gains a young player.

Both players are played out in the current cities. Doable?

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
what's not adding up.... he appeared to have dominated the AHL but only got 9 games over 3 years with the Bruins??

don't know enough about the situation to understand why.. is it a case of too good for AHL, not good enough for NHL? I don't see how he got an honest shot in anyway.

no wonder he's leaving.

He's not better than Bergeron, Krejci, or Spooner. He's also not suited for a 4th line role. Basically boils down to that, in my opinion.

Now's a chance for a team to give up next to nothing if they want him.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008

Bennett has a lot of skill in his game but can't seem to stay healthy. Koko is all but done in Boston and may bolt back to Russia.

Boston doesn't lose him for free and gains a good player when healthy, Penguins gains a young player.

Both players are played out in the current cities. Doable?

Sold.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Koko wasn't given a fair shake, IMO. I get the centre depth issue but why not try him on wing? Or move Spooner to wing like they did towards the end of the season?

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008
Koko wasn't given a fair shake, IMO. I get the centre depth issue but why not try him on wing? Or move Spooner to wing like they did towards the end of the season?

Because icing Max Talbot or Kempainen was seen as a better option by someone on our coaching staff.

KasperTheGrittyGhost

Jan 12, 2008
Michigan
Khoklachev for Jurco would be an interesting deal. Change of scenery trade for two young players, could work out either way. Any interest from B's fans?

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
Because icing Max Talbot or Kempainen was seen as a better option by someone on our coaching staff.

With no veteran center for the 4th line spot and and Spooner as the 3rd line center I don't think there are many coaches in the league who is going to roll with another small undersized offence first center as the 4th line C. Neither Spooner or any members of the 3rd line like Beleskey, Hayes, or Connolly kill penalties and make up a scoring 3rd line.With 3 strong offensive lines you you need a 4th line that that can win faceoffs,handle defense zone starts, and take some of that pk time. Do you think Koko is the guy for that job? I don't. Especially on a team with a top 10 offence and a bottom 10 defence.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC

At this point I would take Bo Derek in a trade for Koko even though midway through next season Claude Julien would cite a lack of defensive awareness for her lack of playing time. :(

I give this post a perfect 10

65973678.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille