Rumor: Khokhlachev is going back to Russia

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Wow and only 2 days later....
Mostly because he's gonna bolt and you'll get nothing in return

Jacobs was a 2nd rounder in 14, Koko also second, but in 11.
More upside with Jacobs already. More potential with Koko, sure I'll give you that. But Koko can't crack the lineup so there's that

Not that I don't think it's true, but the rumor is coming from a rag piece in Russian gossip.

Hopefully he is traded at the draft to a team that will give him a shot at making their roster like NJ.

Kitchener Boy

Apr 9, 2012
Kitchener
He is 5'9" and 180, that's why.

His talent is undeniable, and he might be able to transition that talent to the NHL. Not surprising his chances of doing so we're limited in Boston.

Alex is 178 cm 5' 10".
And there are several players at that height and weight.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Problem is that Koko got outplayed by other guys.

The org liked him more than Spooner, but it was Spooner that took a roster spot.

Then Vatrano out worked him for a bottom six winger role.

And late in the season Czarnik got the emergency call up over Koko, because he had out played him.

When Koko has come up, he has looked scared and tentative. Some guys take a little time to get their feet wet and he should be getting a shot somewhere and I understand his frustrations. Just don't see where he fits into the Boston lineup.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
You think the B's could've gotten together with the Wild and done something. D prospect, possibly a NHL'er (Folin, Belpedio) for him.

We've got nothing down in the AHL, and he would've gotten a looksee on the big club.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Problem is that Koko got outplayed by other guys.

The org liked him more than Spooner, but it was Spooner that took a roster spot.

Then Vatrano out worked him for a bottom six winger role.

And late in the season Czarnik got the emergency call up over Koko, because he had out played him.

When Koko has come up, he has looked scared and tentative. Some guys take a little time to get their feet wet and he should be getting a shot somewhere and I understand his frustrations. Just don't see where he fits into the Boston lineup.

It's a personal thing. Some players can play their 1st NHL game like they've been playing in the league for ages no matter what, and some can't. If you know, that a single mistake makes you going back to the AHL, it's hard to show your best qualities. Look at Grigorenko, he didn't have a place in Buffalo and sucked, he got one in Colorado and looked like a solid NHLer.

Stormcrow

Jul 5, 2010
A change of scenery would do wonders for Koko. I think that he still has NHL ability and is still very young. I can see him playing a top 6 role if he decides to stay in North America.
Boston didnt seem to give him much of a chance at the NHL level, but then again they are very deep at C.

BruinsNeedaRussian

Nov 21, 2009
It took close to 100 NHL games for Niederreiter to start fulfilling promises. Grigorenko was considered a bust after 80 NHL games. How many NHL games does have Khokhlachev?

Not calling him a bust, but cannot expect much more from the Bruins if he does not show anything in the bigs. Especially when his competition has. He's unproven at this level and for a former second rounder (we're not talking Nino top 10 pedigree), not many teams are likely going to be lining up to offer him a roster spot. KHL sounds like a logical solution for him.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
When a talented Russian or European has nothing left to prove and they are not getting ice time in the NHL they want to go somewhere they can play and make money. No surprise here.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Thank you Sweeney for not moving him, :shakehead :shakehead

He had very little value. If they wanted to move him they should have called him up and actually tried to use him in an offensive capacity.

Every team has guys who can score in the minors. Khoko's value is exactly what Alan Quine's was 2 months ago: nice little AHL player but probably not an NHL guy.... but lo and behold the Isles gave Quine a chance to shine and now he has raised his value to the team and league.

This just in: if you bury a guy in the minors and your coach refuses to use him the few times he's up, other teams won't think he's very good.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
s
Bruins didn't give this kid a shot and he earned one with his play in the AHL the last 2 years. Should have moved him.

What a load of crap, he has been recalled many times in the last two years and has done nothing, meanwhile other players on recalled showed they could play, head back to Russia, his level of skill is more suited to the KHL.

Musampa

Aug 3, 2015
Best scenario for him is to play couple of years in the KHL then come back.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Along with many other NHL teams, it's the draft, always hit and miss.

He went like 4 picks later and was a slider. I'm sure there was a long talk in the Bruins draft room. Not hard to imagine that he was next on Boston's list.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
s

What a load of crap, he has been recalled many times in the last two years and has done nothing, meanwhile other players on recalled showed they could play, head back to Russia, his level of skill is more suited to the KHL.

Lol, many times, you mean 9 games playing less than 10 min average? But I personally don't care. Khokhlachev will play in the KHL for much better money, than he could get in Boston, and Boston lost a player for nothing...

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Lol, many times, you mean 9 games playing less than 10 min average? But I personally don't care. Khokhlachev will play in the KHL for much better money, than he could get in Boston, and Boston lost a player for nothing...

Boston lost a player that is not NHL caliber, every team in the NHL has these exact same players, check it out, otherwise with 210 players drafted every year there would be a pretty big turnover, no? His 10 mins is all he deserved for the way he played, he was treated no different this year than Vatrano or Accardi, both whom finished the season in Boston, best of luck to Koko in the KHL, which he has already tried once and quit. Maybe it is just in his blood to expect rather than produce the effort required, who knows.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Is this the kid that was angry at management for telling him they will give him a roster spot if he just stays patient in like 2014? Or am I thinking of someone else?

satbank

Jan 11, 2014
I hate the way the Bruins handle young players with high offense but low defensive skills. He didn't get much of a chance in Boston, hope the best for this kid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad