KHL Season 2023-2024

eal

Sep 5, 2014
What has gone wrong with Ak Bars this season? They were meant to be one of the top teams in the league.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
What has gone wrong with Ak Bars this season? They were meant to be one of the top teams in the league.
Bill has got too old for coaching, yet he can't be fired and it doesn't look like he himself is willing to step down. With all that being said they just won 5 out of the last 6 games.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Good chances that Hart, Dube, Foote and McLeod will join KHL next year, considering that they will be banned for life like Miller, Voynov, Boucher, Leipsic and Peters.

Last edited by a moderator:

eal

Sep 5, 2014
Well if they are in fact convicted wouldn't that make employment in Russia difficult?

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Well if they are in fact convicted wouldn't that make employment in Russia difficult?
Russia functions like Canada & USA until the 2000s. If players are not imprisoned, they are free. So employable.
And since the case will not be judged until 2026, they will be available for the 2024/25 season. The outcome is known: the players will fill the victim's bank account. The only legal issue for the lawyer is to negotiate the maximum price. This is how very ethical Western justice works.

eal

Sep 5, 2014
Unless exonerated, which would require going to trial, it does seem unlikely they will play in the NHL again.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Yes, it's obvious. What I deplore is that when it concerns other athletes, the rule does not apply. In the NFL, many players have been convicted by the courts and joined the league. Michael Vick was even heroized on his return by the media who praised his redemption. These things don't work for hockey players.

The constant double standards. Leipsic is banned from North American pro hockey for making comments considered misogynistic in a private discussion thread and at the same time, rappers who have made a career of insulting women in all their famous chances are being selected to promote American culture in the Superbowl.

The Mitchell Miller case is also fascinating. Banning a player for life for harassing an African-American at the age of 14... It's not even in line with the law.

In Switzerland, Slovakia, Russia these players can play. And that makes sense.

Last edited:

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Yes, it's obvious. What I deplore is that when it concerns other athletes, the rule does not apply. In the NFL, many players have been convicted by the courts and joined the league. Michael Vick was even heroized on his return by the media who praised his redemption. These things don't work for hockey players.

The constant double standards. Leipsic is banned from North American pro hockey for making comments considered misogynistic in a private discussion thread and at the same time, rappers who have made a career of insulting women in all their famous chances are being selected to promote American culture in the Superbowl.

The Mitchell Miller case is also fascinating. Banning a player for life for harassing an African-American at the age of 14... It's not even in line with the law.

In Switzerland, Slovakia, Russia these players can play. And that makes sense.

Life is not fair and doesnt even require to make sense.

eal

Sep 5, 2014
The NHL does seem oddly unforgiving on its athletes? Perhaps it is the influence of the extremist woke culture in Canada?

Bijelo

Oct 23, 2022
First Flat
That was in October. Now it is 5 million.

I do not understand your question.

I would guess that KHL fans are somewhere three million Russians in Russia.

KHL globally I don't know information.

National team bigger also in Russia but I don't know information.

Would know Russian hockey information.

Last edited:

ult

Sep 21, 2009
Maybe this will somehow help. Russian teams and social networks in January.

Subscribers, interactions, compared to previous month, views (for tg only), engagement rate. Instagram is basically abandoned by most teams.

But also there are people like me who are not subscribed to anything. Probably the silent majority.

photo_2024-02-05_09-33-17.jpg
photo_2024-02-05_10-01-50.jpg

photo_2024-02-05_10-32-21.jpg

Reactions: vorky

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Per MatchTV over 15000 fans attended the opened training session of SKA St.Petersburg before GagarinCup playoffs.

eal

Sep 5, 2014
Should be an interesting playoffs. I'm hoping Avangard are the real deal!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad