KHL Season 2017/18

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Well CSKA or SKA don't need a goalie, that's for sure. Loko and Ak Bars do but I guess they think they can't make it work with 5 import rule.

SKA and CSKA don't need 47 centres, 56 left wingers, 38 right wingers, and 97 defensemen either, but that doesn't seem to stop them from signing every player in sight ;)

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
As well as Yudin, Khoklachev, Dergachyov.. Which adds a new fun dimension to their activities - now they can not only dominate the regular season, they can get one of the small teams into the playoffs as well.

jaco

Oct 21, 2011
Regarding Amur, they have 1 game left of the 8 game home stand. It's lovely that they managed to hang around playoff spot but realistically, they need to start winning away from home if they want to make. Which, needless to say, is tough.
We'll start from next game....

Helsinki, Nov. 29th: ... and we continue....

Last edited:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Kunlun just lost 7th game in a row and 15th time in 17 games!!! Keenan living on borrowed time there.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Well Torpedo is still very firmly in the play-off spot and considering all he that he has done for them, he shouldn't be fired unless they miss it in my book.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Also after 5 day break they had it seems Barys' wheels have fallen off. 5th straight defeat in the works today.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
I watched my first full KHL game yesterday; Amur VS Jokerit.

My overall experience was good, the defense is abysmal. My favorite player (Alexander Frolov) had the game winning goal in OT which made it memorable.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Well Jokerit was playing 2nd game in 2 days and Amur are playing at 3 AM their time so it kind of explains defensive lapses, everyone being everywhere one step too late. It was a bit of a zombie match.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Well Jokerit was playing 2nd game in 2 days and Amur are playing at 3 AM their time so it kind of explains defensive lapses, everyone being everywhere one step too late. It was a bit of a zombie match.
Usually games are played when I'm alseep so I found it a bit strange that they were playing morning for me. Figured something was up.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
Was wondering how Datsyuk was faring in the KHL. My word his team is stacked! 99 points in 37 games is just insane in any hockey league, much less the second best league in the world.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Was wondering how Datsyuk was faring in the KHL. My word his team is stacked! 99 points in 37 games is just insane in any hockey league, much less the second best league in the world.
Right now recovering from an injury. They are stacked enough. They roll with or without Datsyuk. Datsyuk was resembling his old self to start the season as was Kovalchuk playing on his wing. Both don't even need to play 100% until plpoints. Olympics and playoffs, that's where they will play the way they can play at this point.

Datsyuk is returning for the outdoor game against Jokerit tomorrow btw.

stehplaetzler

Dec 2, 2017
Berlin
Watching Amur/CSKA right now.

I'm addicted.
Me too, but addicted only to ZSKA! What the guys have shown here was excellent. But on the other side, Amur was completely two levels below the guys from Moscow, on the long term very bad to have such extrem levels ... but today hopefully we will see something more equal in Helsinki

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad